Minn; Father kills son he mistook him for a turkey

Sad story, this poor father has to live with this.
Don't want to make light of it, but when I read the title i imagined the turkey being carved on the dinner table and I thought how in the heck did he mistake his son for the turkey?

How in the world did this happen? You don't shoot at something you can't see. And any father should know where his young son is if they are hunting together. Personally, I think 9 is way too young to be hunting. I feel so awful for this family, but Dad must be some kind of moron.

This happen in the town next to us were I have lots of family and friends, some even know this family.

What happened was dad & son were out together, Dad told Hunter (yes that is his name) to stay right here in certain spot and that dad was going to try and sneak up on the turkeys in a different area. Well Hunter did not stay and he went roaming out in the woods and Dad mistook him as a Turkey. This father is completely devestated he carried his dying son over a quarter mile trying to get help. It is a very very sad story and tragic accident.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hannahdunnam
Back