812 users online (142 members and 670 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 58
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sandy, UT.
    Posts
    120

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    The ex boyfriend has an alias and a criminal record. This does not sound like this will have a happy ending.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    A little more info on Doyle at the below link. Also a poster at KSL.com says another station reported that Doyle kidnapped his last girlfriend.

    http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695272370,00.html

    (snip)

    Doyle reportedly harassed the family by sending plumbers, electricians and lawn-care services to their home near 2800 S. Glenmare (1575 East).
    "We had to change our number and our locks," Jeff Jones said. Now, his mother's cell phone goes straight to voice-mail and her sons are worried about her safety.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3128934


    Salt Lake police are now executing a search warrant at the home of a Sugar House woman who's been missing since last week. Fifty-year-old Deborah Jones hasn't been at work or called family since Thursday. Police say the yellow crime-scene tape around Jones' well-kept yard doesn't necessarily mean they have a crime scene here. But they do have a missing woman. (more at link)

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3128934


    Salt Lake police are now executing a search warrant at the home of a Sugar House woman who's been missing since last week. Fifty-year-old Deborah Jones hasn't been at work or called family since Thursday. Police say the yellow crime-scene tape around Jones' well-kept yard doesn't necessarily mean they have a crime scene here. But they do have a missing woman. (more at link)
    Has anyone filed a MPR on the boyfriend?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    Has anyone filed a MPR on the boyfriend?
    Not that I've heard. In fact not one peep from anyone from his side. Here is the latest this afternoon.

    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3128934

    Police say Jones went to the police department on Wednesday seeking a protective order against Doyel. They say neither she nor police thought there was any imminent threat at the time. However, Jones was supposed to contact police the next day and didn't.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sandy, UT.
    Posts
    120

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sandy, UT.
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    Has anyone filed a MPR on the boyfriend?
    Per this article they have bothe been reported missing...

    "Police have not said that Michael Doyle is suspected of abducting Deborah Jones. Both people are reported missing."

    http://www.kutv.com/content/news/top...f-8e07984a0142

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by SuziQ View Post
    Not that I've heard. In fact not one peep from anyone from his side. Here is the latest this afternoon.

    http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=3128934

    Police say Jones went to the police department on Wednesday seeking a protective order against Doyel. They say neither she nor police thought there was any imminent threat at the time. However, Jones was supposed to contact police the next day and didn't.
    I would really like to know what transpired when she filed for that PFA- if the coverage of the harassment is accurate- I would say that qualifies as imminent. This is incredibly sad and i have a bad feeling about this poor woman.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by hellolisakitty View Post
    Per this article they have bothe been reported missing...

    "Police have not said that Michael Doyle is suspected of abducting Deborah Jones. Both people are reported missing."

    http://www.kutv.com/content/news/top...f-8e07984a0142
    Yes, I saw that, I was just trying to see if either the police filed it or his family, thanks


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sandy, UT.
    Posts
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Blink34 View Post
    Yes, I saw that, I was just trying to see if either the police filed it or his family, thanks
    I can't remember where I read it last night (KSL, KUTV, The Trib...) but it made mention of the fact tht no one had said a thing about this guy... as in he either has no family here or they want nothing to do with him.

    I assume the newspapers and local TV outlets are trying to track folks down?

    Seems like a stalker and con artist... I sure would not want to admit I was affiliated with him.

    Prayers are with the family.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Sandy, UT.
    Posts
    120
    More updated info...

    http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695272558,00.html

    "Monday that investigators were unsure if a crime had taken place, several of the department's main detectives were inside. A Deseret News reporter was invited by Jeff Jones to speak to him in the back yard, but a short time later he was told by a sergeant to leave. The sergeant called the area a "crime scene."

    "By Monday afternoon, yellow crime tape was surrounding the Jones house."

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Sunny East Jabip
    Posts
    5,476
    Quote Originally Posted by hellolisakitty View Post
    More updated info...

    http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,695272558,00.html

    "Monday that investigators were unsure if a crime had taken place, several of the department's main detectives were inside. A Deseret News reporter was invited by Jeff Jones to speak to him in the back yard, but a short time later he was told by a sergeant to leave. The sergeant called the area a "crime scene."

    "By Monday afternoon, yellow crime tape was surrounding the Jones house."
    This article says he has "an extensive criminal record" (bolded by me)
    why in the world would she not have been given an immediate pfa?
    The police notified where she lived and to observe the house while on duty?? This makes me angry, if it doesn't you- read her site, she looks like a lovely woman, well kept home- responsible, horrifying.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,769
    Reporting on NG tonite. I hope she is found safe. Poor woman!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    33,799
    Snipped from last nights Nancy Grace show:

    GRACE: Very quickly to Lillian Glass. What do you make of the disappearance of mom, Deborah Marie Jones?

    LILLIAN GLASS, PSYCHOLOGIST, AUTHOR OF "I KNOW WHAT YOU`RE THINKING": One of the things that`s just frightening is that she met him over the Internet, and that`s really scary, because he was not who he said he was. That`s very frightening. So beware.

    GRACE: To Bryan Jones, this is Deborah Jones`s son, have you been back into her home?

    JONES: I haven`t until this morning but they sealed it off to do some forensics.

    GRACE: Did it look as if it had been ransacked, was there forced entry?

    JONES: No.

    GRACE: Or does it look like someone that had been a key had been there?

    JONES: No, there was nothing out of the ordinary.

    GRACE: Any activity on her cell phone or her ATM?

    JONES: There is, they`re investigating it
    . Real quick, I want to throw out there, I have a Web site I created for my mom.

    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP.../21/ng.01.html

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY UT - Hser Nar Moo, 7, Salt Lake City, 31 March 2008
    By NewMommy09 in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 444
    Last Post: 09-22-2017, 12:10 AM
  2. GUILTY UT - Felicia 'Lisa' Pappas, 17, raped & murdered, Salt Lake City, 6 April 1989
    By Jacie Estes in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-03-2014, 06:06 PM
  3. Found Deceased UT - Michelle Erickson, 36, Salt Lake City, June 2008
    By SuziQ in forum Located! Information and Support
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 08-01-2008, 06:06 PM

Tags for this Thread