Thread: Parents Arrested Infant Has 40 Broken Bones

Parents Arrested Infant Has 40 Broken Bones

Here we go again. Jasmine Broady and Terry Lee of Roanoke Rapids, SC have been charged with felony child abuse. Their 4 month old baby has 40 broken bones. There's a glimmer of hope as the baby is expected to make a recovery. How can you break one bone of your infant let alone 40 of them?http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2764548/

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Here we go again. Jasmine Broady and Terry Lee of Roanoke Rapids, SC have been charged with felony child abuse. Their 4 month old baby has 40 broken bones. There's a glimmer of hope as the baby is expected to make a recovery. How can you break one bone of your infant let alone 40 of them?http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/2764548/
    Filly...how do you find these crazy stories?

These parents should never be aloud to have another baby again. Snip it up..both of them.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Clearly Confused For This Useful Post:

Blondieskatz is offline The more often we think and act honestly, the stronger the habit becomes.
    I'm not real clear on that news report. It said "The police department received the initial abuse report in late February from the Department of Social Services." So, does that mean nothing was done until now?

Quote Originally Posted by winteryns View Post
    Filly...how do you find these crazy stories?

These parents should never be aloud to have another baby again. Snip it up..both of them.
    It's a big secret how I find them, Winteryns. LOL I just go to Google News. I put in the words "parents" "endangerment", and the like and then go to within the hour or within the day. It's frightening what pops up as we can see. That's my sleuthing skills to the max. Fixing them both sounds good to me. Blondie, I'm not sure of that answer. I'll sleuth some more.

So they've already ruled out a genetic disorder? 40 broken bones.

Quote Originally Posted by Blondieskatz View Post
    I'm not real clear on that news report. It said "The police department received the initial abuse report in late February from the Department of Social Services." So, does that mean nothing was done until now?
    That sentence is followed with "The child was removed from her parents' custody while the child was tested to see if the broken bones were the result of a genetic disorder or a severe fall"... the way I read that was she was removed then... and they have tested her for genetic disorders etc. since then and this didn't make the news until now because now her parents have been arrested.

It also says this: "Jasmine Broady, 19, and Terry Jay Lee, 24, were arrested Friday following a nearly two-month investigation into the case." so I'm pretty sure I'm understanding that right! Thank goodness. That poor, poor baby.

I have been chasing my tail on this one for a good while now. Neither of them appear to be in jail. I've checked county and state jails. I have case numbers and court disposition dates on both of them. I haven't been able to find a way to get into the court records on this one. Their criminal records both list the offense, but no disposition, other than the court date. Does anyone know of another way to check on this that I am missing? PM me if you want case number info. This was such egregious abuse that I really would like to find out what happened. I can't believe (yes I can) that they walked away from this with probation, especially with numerous priors on their records.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

Here ya go, B!

Unless someone stole her name and the name of her kids it's her on Myspace. Like recently.

http://www.myspace.com/495806395

Thanks Filly. I'm going to go throw up now. So, she even still has custody of the child she almost beat to death? My head is going to explode.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Belinda For This Useful Post:

I think that is supposed to be Roanoke Rapids, NC, which is my hometown. I don't know the mother but I know some of her relatives. She even has some of my DH's relatives on her page! But I do know Terry and I was very shocked when I saw this. I worked with him and his twin for a while and they were really nice. Terry is also facing assault charges. I will see if I can find the link.

ETA: http://rrdailyherald.com/articles/20...6863791510.txt
    Last edited by Kymistry35; 05-08-2010 at 03:20 PM.
    Happy New Years

14. The Following User Says Thank You to Kymistry35 For This Useful Post:

Teon - This seems like a separate case. This new one involves an adult. The other one involves a baby. Am I mixed up?

Quote Originally Posted by Belinda View Post
    Teon - This seems like a separate case. This new one involves an adult. The other one involves a baby. Am I mixed up?
    No, it's two different cases, I just wanted to point out that Terry has other charges pending also.
    Happy New Years

17. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kymistry35 For This Useful Post:

If she still has custody of the child, I have to wonder if the baby has Osteogenesis Imperfecta. It is a genetic disease that causes brittle bones. I am VERY familiar with it since I have it. Mine was inherited from my father, but it can also occur as a mutation in healthy families.

19. The Following User Says Thank You to Sissy1355 For This Useful Post:

One of the blurbs from above says they weren't arrested until tests were done to rule out possible genetic conditions. Whether that is correct or not, I don't know. I have every indication that they were prosecuted as I have case numbers and disposition dates for their cases. But, I think they walked away with probation (not positive of that). Why she would have custody of the child is beyond my wildest imagination. Maybe additional medical data came out after the arrest. It really bothers me that I can't get a decent conclusion on this.

I will ask around Belinda and see what I can find out. I don't live in RR anymore but I go back every weekend to visit family and friends. It's a small town so I am sure there is lots of gossip about it if I ask.
    Happy New Years

22. The Following User Says Thank You to Kymistry35 For This Useful Post:

Teon - Did you ever hear any news on this case?

They both have court dates coming up, but not for injuring the baby. His is for Assault-SBI, as mentioned by Teon above. Hers is for Driving Without an Operators License and Failure to Secure a Passenger Under 16. I just can't figure out what is going on with this case and it's driving me nuts. Did they just drop the charges? I'm not sure where I got disposition dates before, because it's not coming up in court documents now. I must have gotten that from their criminal records. I'm confused.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Take em out to the back of the barn and shoot em -- slowly. First legs, then arms, then feet -- let em feel what they put this beautiful baby through.

OT - I broke 3 bones in my ankle in February, 2010, and I'm still healing. This was after having a cast, surgery,and physical therapy. I can truly feel the pain for this child - sheer torture. And I had the benefit of pain pills and dr. care.

I am so angry I just want to throw up.

MOO

Mel