722 users online (118 members and 604 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

IL - Chicago, Skeletal remains, construction site, Apr'08 - Not Human

An autopsy will be conducted Tuesday to determine if skeletal remains found on the far South Side on Monday are human.

Late Monday morning, the skeletal remains were found at what was described as a construction site at 11601 S. Stony Island Ave., according to police News Affairs Officer Marcel Bright.

http://www.nbc5.com/news/15949818/de...=headlineclick

They must have a serious problem in Chicago. Not only with UIDs, but with all the murders they seem to have! What did I hear last night about 17 murders in 17 hours?!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I know! Over the weekend it was just outrageous! The numbers kept going up...like 30 shootings or so.

I hope there is follow up on this finding. With so much crime all stories aren't updated.

They certainly need to get a handle on things in Chicago!!

You are right about the media not following up on those stories. Drives me crazy!
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post

You are right about the media not following up on those stories. Drives me crazy!

--->>>There must be a chop shop perhaps for human remains, then burying them in diverse locations OR what? What size or type of bones, in a collection, could not visually be identified as human right off the bat?

I suppose we would hear a followup IF they were ID'd as a well known missing person, such as Drew Peterson's missing wife.

Wonder what type of wandering and hungry animials are in areas of Chicago that would dig up an 'assortment of bone's', and take them to a different location?

They did not say IF it was a collection of bones just laying somewhere or in a bag or what. Is this an oversight on the part of the newspaper writer or what?

Opinions expressed by me, are mine, based on life experience, and known facts of any given case.

"""I am just a pixel in the universal plan."""

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post

Was in Chicago a few weeks ago & that place is like insane.
    I was terrified, we were by the University Hospital & Navy Pier.
    Guys carrying brown paper bags with beers / prostitutes all over.
    Never knew if you was going to get mugged or not. From our motel room we seen guys jumping naked into Lake Michigan. WTH?

I live by Minneapolis / St Paul & its not bad like that.

I just checked to see if there were any updates and found a tiny article from the local paper down there= Medical Examiner says the bones weren't human.
    http://www.southtownstar.com/news/90...emains.article

Edit- Also, below the story is a comment from a woman wondering if the remains might have been her missing sister.

Can anyone figure out who that coud be? Missing from Whiting IN July 1999. I couldn't find her on Indiana or nat. missing persons site or anything? I was thinking of posting some info about websleuths or somewhere else that could help her in case she checked back again but I'm not sure what to write?