755 users online (106 members and 649 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Jade Leonard, 14 mos, dies of extreme neglect, Girardville, 29 Sept 2005

http://articles.mcall.com/2008-04-22...stine-sentence

A young mother wept Monday as she told a Schuylkill County judge she regretted not feeding or caring for her toddler daughter, who died in a feces-strewn, overheated Girardville bedroom in September 2005, and her infant son, who survived.

''I am sorry, from the deepest part of my heart,'' Amanda D. Trindle, 24, told Judge D. Michael Stine. ''I am sorry for the life I gave my children and the way I may have mistreated them. I loved and still do love my children and never ever intentionally meant to hurt them in any way.'' (much more at link)

With time served, she could get out in 2 years.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 10-07-2015 at 06:15 PM. Reason: fixed link

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    http://www.mcall.com/news/local/all-...,1170465.story

A young mother wept Monday as she told a Schuylkill County judge she regretted not feeding or caring for her toddler daughter, who died in a feces-strewn, overheated Girardville bedroom in September 2005, and her infant son, who survived.

''I am sorry, from the deepest part of my heart,'' Amanda D. Trindle, 24, told Judge D. Michael Stine. ''I am sorry for the life I gave my children and the way I may have mistreated them. I loved and still do love my children and never ever intentionally meant to hurt them in any way.'' (much more at link)

With time served, she could get out in 2 years.
    She'll by able to have more children.

sorry is not enough.

starving a child to death is MURDER!!!!!

Hopeful One is offline Blessed are the cracked for they are the ones who let in the light
    Yet another example of someone who shouldn't have been allowed to have children. Sad, sad, sad.

Justice for Travis

Sometimes the first step towards forgiveness is understanding that the other person is a complete idiot.

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    3-8 years is not nearly enough time. She gets credit for time served and may be out in 2 years. What's to keep her from having more children and starving them to death?

SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    "and the way I may have mistreated them"

That "may" really bothers me. She's still not taking full responsibility for her actions.

What less than 2 years, are you kidding me. She let her baby starve to death. What was she doing. I can't believe it is that hard for people to give a baby a bottle of milk. A 14 month old could have lived off nothing but milk. She found it overwhelming to care for her ill children. They were ILL because she didn't feed them.

This is just crazy I can't believe she only got 2 years! She murdered her child for heavens sake. You can also be sure that she will get out and have more children to abuse.