1273 users online (285 members and 988 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

CA - Olympic Skater Drugged in So Cal Hotel

Hey X, I saw a cop on TV talking about this. They're looking at the 60 year old "gentleman" Pasha was meeting with. When she called attention to the fact she found a half way dissolved pill in her drink he suggested she toss it out? He also went to the bathroom for around 15 minutes and returned bonkers. The investigation continues. Good for Pasha though for having the prescence of mind to stop and take a look. She said she felt numb and almost like a paralyzed effect.

Is it me - or do skaters seem to be a whacked out demographic?

The far majority I can think of aren't "whacked-out" in the least, quite honestly.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    Is it me - or do skaters seem to be a whacked out demographic?
    Naw, no more than people in other sports, SCM. Mind you I say this while gazing at my Yamagucchi and Witt dolls. LOL Pasha is sound I think. Poor chick had to change her name so they wouldn't confuse her with the other Oksana. They both got that platinum hair too. From what I saw on TV it looks like the business meeting was what the guy took advantage of.

Quote Originally Posted by thefragile7393 View Post
    The far majority I can think of aren't "whacked-out" in the least, quite honestly.
    Like who do ya mean, Fragile. Not saying you are wrong. I think alot of people think "Tanya Harding".

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Naw, no more than people in other sports, SCM. Mind you I say this while gazing at my Yamagucchi and Witt dolls. LOL Pasha is sound I think. Poor chick had to change her name so they wouldn't confuse her with the other Oksana. They both got that platinum hair too. From what I saw on TV it looks like the business meeting was what the guy took advantage of.
    You're probably right about that - I think my perception has been skewered ever since the Hardin/Kerrigan insanity.

And these days, most "whacked out" may have to go to wrestlers...and then, of course, football players are always good for a headline.....

Quote Originally Posted by southcitymom View Post
    You're probably right about that - I think my perception has been skewered ever since the Hardin/Kerrigan insanity.

And these days, most "whacked out" may have to go to wrestlers...and then, of course, football players are always good for a headline.....
    That hockey player Ovechekin is on my list. LOL Guy can't be human. Here I was calling her "Harding". Nancy Kerrigan worked my last nerve. Not condoning violence, but I felt like hitting her knee myself. Yes, remember Tanya's husband and all that? A few have had troubles, but then again many have come from places like the Ukraine. They didn't have the most ideal childhoods. No excuse, but they're in the public eye like ya said SCM. No matter this poor lady didn't need to be getting GHB in her drink. She should have hit the guy with a skate.

I don't think figure skaters are any more obnoxious then other athletes. Especially when compared to pro-basketball stars, football players and the like. Yes, certain skaters did need to adjust to the fame. However if you compare a DUI with strip-club shootings, steroid abuse and dogfighting, it pales in comparison.

(Not that I'm condoning or minimalizing a DUI, just in comparison to other stupidity.)

If you consider the intense training regimen, the pressure of international competition and the young age of female skaters, I surprised you don't have more spectacular meltdowns.

Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Hey X, I saw a cop on TV talking about this. They're looking at the 60 year old "gentleman" Pasha was meeting with. When she called attention to the fact she found a half way dissolved pill in her drink he suggested she toss it out? He also went to the bathroom for around 15 minutes and returned bonkers. The investigation continues. Good for Pasha though for having the prescence of mind to stop and take a look. She said she felt numb and almost like a paralyzed effect.
    Sounds like an easy case. Guys like that disgust me. Throw him in a cell with a sex offender and randomly slip some GHB in his food. See how he likes it.

Quote Originally Posted by XcomSquaddie View Post
    Sounds like an easy case. Guys like that disgust me. Throw him in a cell with a sex offender and randomly slip some GHB in his food. See how he likes it.
    Orrrrrrrrr let her old ice dancing partner kick his butt. Right?