996 users online (119 members and 877 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38
    A lawyer for a Nevada man sentenced to death for the 2008 kidnapping, rape and killing of a 19-year-old former Mendocino County woman goes before a Washoe County judge next week in the latest attempt to overturn his convictions in one of the area's highest profile murder cases in decades.

The Nevada Supreme Court rejected James Biela's appeal in 2012 in the murder of Brianna Denison and sexual assault of two others on the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.

Judge Scott Freeman set a status hearing for Thursday and an evidentiary hearing July 11 to consider what defense attorney Edward Reed says are more than 50 grounds for ordering a new trial.
    http://www.pressdemocrat.com/news/57...662&artslide=0

Lawyers for a Nevada death row inmate seeking a new trial after he was convicted of the rape and murder of a college student argued Monday that one of Reno’s highest profile cases in decades should have been moved somewhere else.

Defendant James Biela’s former public defender Mazie Pusich was the first witness to testify at an evidentiary hearing Monday in Washoe District Court about the extensive pretrial publicity that surrounded the 2008 kidnapping of 19-year-old Brianna Denison from a friend’s home a block from the campus of the University of Nevada, Reno.
    http://www.reviewjournal.com/news/ne...-get-death-row

A judge in Reno has refused to grant a new trial for a man sentenced to death for the rape and murder of a 19-year-old college student nearly eight years ago.

Washoe District Judge Scott Freeman said Thursday that James Biela's lawyers failed to prove he was denied a fair trial when he was convicted of killing Brianna Denison and sexually assaulting two other women near the University of Nevada, Reno campus.
    http://www.ktvn.com/story/32792286/l...ow-argues-case

Iam not really FOR the death penalty but then again iam not really AGAINST the death penalty i think it's ok but it has to be 100 percent with out question that we have the right man .If its a terrible crime and the case is just circumstantial to me thats one that i would go against just because there is even if its as small as 1percent that it was someone else in this situation you can only be wrong once and your screwed he/she is allready dead so i think we need to choose wisely and if theres solid DNA I would pump the juice in myself .in this case if iam not mistaken he admitted it ,as well as his dna so iam all for it..
    Everything I Write Is JMHO ..

My Theory: Brianna comes home crashes on friends couch in panties, sweatpants and a tank top. Perpetrator comes in pulls Brianna’s sweatpants down after tells her not to say anything. He pulls her panties down puts them in her mouth and puts a tape gag over her mouth. Then he bounds her feet and hands with other girls panties and wraps duct tape around the panties on her hands and feet. Finally he carries Brianna out to the van or car not sure which one and rapes/murders her strangles her and she’s deceased. He takes the tape gag off her mouth and left her panties inside her mouth. That’s just my theory on this. Let me know what you think.

Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38