Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast
    softsoul is offline I intend to live forever. So far, so good.
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    This is because we have pretty much covered it all here. Until they release more information, we don't have a lot to discuss. I would still like to know about the incline towards the quarry from Virginia tho.
    So you donít think there is a possibility the latest assault is related?

This one?

On May 3, 2008, at approximately 1 p.m., Reno Police Officers responded to a report of a robbery, kidnapping, and sexual assault that had occurred in the 900 block of South Meadows Parkway, Reno. Officers learned that a female was sexually assaulted in her home by a masked intruder on May 3, 2008. The suspect also forced the victim to withdraw money from an ATM machine before fleeing the area. Reno Police Detectives responded to the scene and have been investigating the crime. Detectives believe the case may be related to an unsolved November 2006 sexual assault and burglary in Reno and are currently conducting additional investigation into this possible link. There is no forensic evidence that links this sexual assault to the Denison murder investigation.

The suspect is described as a white male, adult, mid 20s, approximately 6’1”, 170 Lbs, light brown bushy hair, and last seen wearing a dark-colored long sleeved shirt, blue jeans, a mask, and carrying a dark-colored backpack.

Anyone with information about this crime is asked to call the Reno Police Department Sex Crimes/Child Abuse Unit 785-8605 or Secret Witness at 322-4900
    http://www.cityofreno.com/Index.aspx...&recordid=1625
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by softsoul View Post
    So you don’t think there is a possibility the latest assault is related?
    It doesn't seem LE has any forensic evidence to tie him to the assaults or murder and I can't see one either with the M/O or suddenly using a mask to disguise himself when he could've used one before.

I can't find any mention of a sexual assault/burglary back in Nov. '06 either. (Which shows me how hard they really try to find these guys!)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I can't find any mention of a sexual assault/burglary back in Nov. '06 either. (Which shows me how hard they really try to find these guys!)
    I looked forever trying to find anything on the Nov. '06 incident and found absolutely nothing. It could have been a case where the victim filed a report but didn't want to take it any further. Otherwise, you'd have to wonder about the lack of any information. The change in MO doesn't convince me it's not the same guy. It would make sense to change the time of the attack, and the mask makes sense in the daytime. However, I'm leaning toward believing it's not related. This attack did take place about 2 blocks from where Bri's body was found.

I don't think that LE lets a victim decide to pursue a case of burglary. I am fairly certain that LE has the responsibility to pursue a rape/sexual assault case without the victim's approval in Nevada, too. Here...you are given a choice in that instance.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I don't think that LE lets a victim decide to pursue a case of burglary. I am fairly certain that LE has the responsibility to pursue a rape/sexual assault case without the victim's approval in Nevada, too. Here...you are given a choice in that instance.

Here you are given a choice as well...I have no knowledge of the laws in Nevada. Did it say the '06 incident was a burglary/sexual assault? If so, LE should explain why the public wasn't warned about a rapist on the loose.
    There isn't even anything about the '06 incident on the Secret Witness website.

Edit-I saw where the news report did
    say the '06 incident was a burglary/sexual assault....hmmm.

I would think the first thing they checked was the DNA or other evidence for a connection to Bri's case. Evidently, they didn't find anything. However, it does sound a bit like it could connect to the case in the parking garage and that sketch!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

It will be interesting to see in the coming days or weeks what info the police will release on the the latest attack.

Was the victim of the May 3rd attack driven to the bank in her car or the perp's vehicle?

Getting back to Brianna's case. I wonder if the perp is someone who comes to Reno every month either to visit a parent or a relative and while he is here, he does his attacking. Maybe he grew up in this area and has moved away, but has good knowledge of the surroundings. He comes back to visit let's say a elderly parent or a sister/brother and borrows their vehicle to drive around. The baby shoe seen in this vehicle, could belong to a grandchild or a niece or nephew.

I know this senario doesn't seem to fit the geographical profiling, but he could be attacking where he is living too and also when he comes to Reno.

Since it has already been since the 3rd...I don't think they will release anything else to be honest.
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I think that if there is a connection to the other assaults that LE would let the public know.

I guess there is a fine line as to what info LE will release to the public. If it's something only the killer would know then of course they wouldn't. There's too many copycats out there looking for their 15 minutes of infamy.

Where I'm from - Ontario, Canada we had the infamous Paul Bernardo who turned out to be the Scarborough rapist. He stalked and raped women for years before moving to the Niagara area. He lived in small town with his young wife Karla. Lived the idyllic life, he was an accountant, romantic wedding. Turns out he killed 2 teenage girls, 1 girl he ended up decapitating and throwing her body parts into a small lake around here. The other girl was abducted (with the help of his wife) and tortured before she was killed. It's always been felt that his wife was more involved with the murders that she said. Makes me wonder how a significant other can be involved in something so sadistic as this. If I remember correctly, I think she did turn him in eventually.

I wonder if Brianna's perp is married and the spouse does know something, but is afraid to come forward.

The semester is coming to a close at UNR. If the perp decides to show his face in his known hunting grounds, it will happen this week.

I think there's a chance, if he's still here, that he'll strike somewhere in Reno more toward the middle of the summer, when there are more people out and about at night in the warmer weather and more tourists to shift his attention away from the lack of victims in the area of the college.

Unfortunately, the less this case is in the media, the more people will start to let their guards down again. I think the perp knows this and will take advantage of it.

Do you think the perp knows that people like us are analyzing every assault to see if it could possibly be connected??? Some of us here, will NEVER forget, and will be FOREVER vigilant. There are a few cases that cling to you like spiderwebs, and this is one of them. I can't put it behind me until it is solved.
    Last edited by Reannan; 05-12-2008 at 11:55 PM. Reason: spelling - as usual. AGHHH!!!

Newshound, that's the way I feel too unless the attack on May 3rd is by the same perp. I feel that it's not the same attacker. You'd think LE would have advised the public if it was.

Someone on the insession board actually found the news release about the '06 assault. Amazing, I thought I tried everything.

Originally posted by Politigal
    [*]I think I found the archived report of the November 2006 sexual assault that is linked to this latest attack:

Reno Gazette-Journal (NV)

November 10, 2006
    Edition: Final
    Section: Main News
    Page: 04A

Reno police search for man who raped woman in her home

Article Text:

STAFF REPORT

Reno police continued Thursday to look for a masked man who broke into a woman's home last week, raped her multiple times and possibly drugged her.

The incident happened about 2:30 a.m. one day last week on Caballo Alto Court.

According to a police report, the suspect surprised the woman from behind and held what she believed was a gun to the back of her head. He asked her a few times, "where's the money," the report said.

The man then wrapped a pillow case around her head and sexually assaulted her in different rooms in her home, police said.

Someone called 911 to report a sexual assault was happening, police said. But when officers arrived, the man was gone and all of the doors had been locked, police said.

Police don't know how the man got inside.

Police said the woman appeared groggy and may have been drugged during the attack.

Detectives can be reached at 334-2115 or Secret Witness at 322-4900.
    [/*]
    http://boards.insessiontrials.com/sh...9&pagenumber=3

Page 10 of 37 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 20 ... LastLast