Deaths of Male College Students

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a thread somewhere about missing male college students. One poster has mapped a lot of them and there seems to be a pattern.

There's a thread somewhere about missing male college students. One poster has mapped a lot of them and there seems to be a pattern.
Yup. I mapped this back in 2006 after the blogger from Southern Sass on Crime contacted me, as well as writing her own article. I was initially skeptical but statistics certainly raised questions to my mind. I have since written 3 articles pertaining to the deaths, as well as setting up a forum. Links are as follows:

I'm glad LE are finally taking a closer look. There are just too many coincidences.

Trino, thank you for posting this thread. It's good to know someone in LE is taking a closer look.

Shado, thank you for reposting your info. I had read them way back when and will again tonight.

Jesse Ross is the case that got to me. For some reason his case closed the deal for me regarding whether something hinky was going on.

http://www.crimelibrary.com/news/original/1206/1204_jesse_ross.html

Shado, do you know of the detectives that are the focus of tonights report? If you don't, they may find your reporting and information gathering usefull. They may appreciate you emailing them links to your info.

Jesse Ross is the case that got to me. For some reason his case closed the deal for me regarding whether something hinky was going on.
I recall Ross' case. That was also around the time I stumbled upon a myspace page titled "The River Killer" I highly doubt this guy was... well, anything... If you check out the following screen cap (his profile has since been deleted), you might (or not) see what I mean...

eb1e9a6c.jpg

Even so, I did cache his stuff, as I highly suspected it would disappear.

Shado, do you know of the detectives that are the focus of tonights report?
Nope, have no idea who they are. Though, I will be interested to hear what they have to say.

As an aside, I could have sworn I posted the following... somewhere... but now I cannot remember where. :waitasec: So, I'll just repost it here. This is from an archived message that I wrote on January 1, 2007:

For reference, here is the Stuff Magazine article that was heavily quoted in the Crime Library article: click here

It was published in 9/2004, so there is no new info, but it's all on one page and easier to read, although the Crime Library story has more details.

After about 2 hours yesterday, I was able to identify the "John Doe" noted in the article (he's the one with the drowning fetish and obsession with serial killers). His name is John Blake Lilly III. I was also able to find the original 4/2003 newspaper story about the police trying to serve a warrant on him for threatening his former employer, and then the ensuing car chase, but I got the article from NewsBank, so I can't post a link.

Essentially, Lilly worked as a maintenance man at the Paul Funeral Home, in St. Charles, MO., for a couple of weeks before he was fired. He then made threatening phone calls to Nancy L. Paul and her husband, Rob Marchbanks.

Prior to this case, on 3/4/03, Lilly was charged with harassing a relative of his, Dr. J. Kevin McGraw, a St. Peters dentist. Police say Lilly made a threatening phone call to McGraw, making racist remarks about his adopted children.

While court records indicate Lilly was incarcerated on 3/4/03, he must have made bail, because he was out when he threatened the Paul/Marchbanks family.

On 4/18/03, Lilly was charged with harassment in the Paul/Marchbanks matter, but when the police attempted to serve the warrant on 4/22/06, he rammed a police car and took off, leading LE on a high speed chase through St. Charles, which was televised!

On 4/22/03, Lilly was charged with stalking (the Paul/Marchbanks family).

On 4/24/03, Lilly was charged with 2nd degree assault on an LE officer (for the ramming) and resisting arrest for a felony.

On 4/25/03, Lilly was ordered to have a psych exam, but the records made no mention of the findings. Apparently, Lilly continued to harass his former employer, as on 8/27/03, he was ordered not to mention Marchbanks's name in any of his correspondence, except to his attorney.

The above cases were consolidated, and Lilly pled guilty to all charges on 12/4/03. He was sentenced to the following:

6 months for the first harassment charge, to run concurrent with 7 years (suspended) and 5 years probation for the assault on LE. He got 3 months for the 2nd harassment charge and 6 months for stalking, to run consecutive with the other sentences. He got credit for time served on all the sentences and was released in either June or July of 2004 (depending on the source).

Notably, on 5/11/04, Marchbanks got a civil judgment against Lilly for defamation to the tune of $49,998.00.

It's seems Lilly couldn't stay out of trouble, as on 4/26/05 he was charged with: 3rd degree assault; tampering (or attempting to tamper) with a witness or victim; concealing a misdemeanor; and stalking.

Another case was filed on 4/29/05 charging Lilly with: 2 counts of 3rd degree assault with physical injury.

The above cases were consolidated and (although he initially pled not guilty by reason of mental disease) Lilly pled guilty. He was sentenced to 1 year on each count to be run concurrently, with credit for time served. He was originally incarcerated at Fulton State Hospital, but now may be at Farmington Correctional Center. He remains in custody, but with the credit for time served BS, who knows when he may be out; however, that 7 year suspended sentence may come back to haunt him.

I have more info on Lilly, but I've already gone on too long. The point is that he was is custody from 4/22/03 to June or July of 2004, then again from 4/29/05 to the present, so he couldn't have the perpetrated any murders during those times. He is still one scary guy though, and someone to keep an eye on.

ETA: I forgot to mention that the newspaper article stated Lilly had 6 aliases (!), but I wasn't able to find out what they were.

Omg, that Myspace is sick, that guy is sick.

Wow! Watch the video that automatically starts first:

DETECTIVES: Chris Jenkins murder connects dozens around country Could there be a calculated, cross-country plot to kill young college men, including some in Minnesota? It seems a little hard to believe, but two New York detectives say, they can prove it.

Now, they are revealing years of their evidence for the first time to 5 EYEWITNESS NEWS...

GO DEEPER INTO THE INVESTIGATION:

http://kstp.com/article/stories/s421846.shtml?v=1

Shado, in your research and travels on this case, had you ever heard anywhere about an organized gang commiting these murders? Frankly, the thought is so far out there for me that it never crossed my mind.

What are the chances that Smiley faces would be near or at the water entry point for so many? Now watch, I'm going to start seeing smiley faces everywhere I look. I wonder if the smiley face symbol itself could lead to the ID of the killer or killers?

Just for Sh*ts and giggles I'm posting a Wiki link to the Smiley Face. Notice where the smiley originated from. Is that weird or what?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smiley

Origin
The very earliest known examples of the graphic are attributed to Alex Kerr, who devised the face in 1963 for a Cumberland, Wisconsin, Canada-based insurance firm, State Mutual Life Assurance.[

Shado, in your research and travels on this case, had you ever heard anywhere about an organized gang commiting these murders? Frankly, the thought is so far out there for me that it never crossed my mind.

What are the chances that Smiley faces would be near or at the water entry point for so many? Now watch, I'm going to start seeing smiley faces everywhere I look. I wonder if the smiley face symbol itself could lead to the ID of the killer or killers?
I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing they're basing their hypothesis on this revelation. If you notice, in this article, LE indicates that at least two individuals were involved in Jenkins' death, and that one of the suspects was in custody in another state on charges for another crime. As for the question of a gang? Sure, I would think that is quite possible. If it is however the case, then I would expect to learn that these deaths were some sort of "initiation ritual" as opposed to, say... your classical serial killer scenario. As for the smiley face? Yes, kinda creepy, if you ask me. Reminds me of some movie (I forget which) wherein the crook donned a smiley face mask when he was committing some sort of heinous crime. Hmmm... now I'm gonna have to go find that movie...

Hmmm... now I'm gonna have to go find that movie...

And now I'm going to go to bed and have nightmares. I'm rather freaked out over all the info I've gone through tonight. Hollywood couldn't write a script this scary.

Just for Sh*ts and giggles I'm posting a Wiki link to the Smiley Face. Notice where the smiley originated from. Is that weird or what?

Origin
The very earliest known examples of the graphic are attributed to Alex Kerr, who devised the face in 1963 for a Cumberland, Wisconsin, Canada-based insurance firm, State Mutual Life Assurance.[

Can somebody research any link between the Forest Gump movie reference where he wipes his face and "invents" the smiley T?

Movies and Television
The film Forrest Gump (Robert Zemeckis, 1994) comically featured the smiley being "invented" when the main character wipes his mud-covered face off with a yellow t-shirt, and says "Have a nice day", inspiring a struggling businessman with the makeshift design. This scene is not in the original book.

There's a thread in Up to the Minute on this (LaCrosse drownings) too, that I just commented on after hearing a radio broadcast on this this morning. I wonder if these two threads should be merged?

Eve

Is there another one or it is in Up to the Minute - LaCrosse drownings? I am really interested in these cases.

Eve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member