Detroit woman lived with dead sister for 1-3 years

Well, at least they got her out of her situation and maybe they can help her. Sad but you read about these things alot happening in large cities, not specifically this but it seems that far too many people are lost and forgotten about.

Is that a nightmare or what? How extremely sad. With today's families being spread across the country and often world wide I can see this happening. I'm no Saint, but I make sure to check on my elderly neighbors. I never forget a kindness and the people that were good to me growing up. I hope this lady adjusts to the crisis center. It's just sad.

Its very sad, its hard to imagine no one called them for over a year but I know it happens.

Makes my heart break to read this.This is really sad at all levels maybe I should work more to see this doesn't happen in my area.

That's just so sad. We really need to get back to how it used to be where people actually knew their neighbors. I'm not saying being nosey or knocking on your neighbors door at 8am every morning for coffee but at least get to know them a little and look out for each other. This really scares me and breaks my heart.

How did the mentally challenged surviving sister survive? Who bought groceries?

That's exactly what I was wondering, too. She had to have the mental capacity about her to travel somehow (either walk, ride bus, get taxi, etc.) and get her mail, and cash soc. sec. checks or something to be able to live. This is quite strange.

it said mental problems not mentally challenged.....which could be any metal illness but still be very intelligent

What a sad story.
If the surviving sister was sick, why didn't someone check on her? What about Social Services?

Social Services in most cases is a joke.
This is true. I'm glad someone finally helped the woman, even if it was 1 -3 years after the fact. Really sad.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back