How to get your own Avatar

KatK

Former Member
Reaction score
In the User CP (Control Panel) click Edit Options and scroll down. There will be an option to upload your own avatar. A JPEG icon 100 by 100 pixels at most is what you can use. Also, check in the User CP and be sure "Show Signatures" "Show Avatars" and "Show Images" clicked.

Here are some icons for the taking to use as avis. (Some are GIFS, but I think you can use GIFS here too?) I collect icons. *smile*

91628vde5kur63nio2.jpg
177862kw2.jpg
397862he2.jpg
419057ba4.jpg
454663yl0.jpg
1083523lv8.jpg
1218906sx1.jpg
aeolianafay880625018iaazj2.jpg
aeolianafay1458938308iawg5.gif
aeolianafay2033925449iain6.jpg
celestial0004ur6.jpg
celestial0005yj4.jpg
celestial0007iv2.jpg
celestial0011is1.jpg
celestial0014cg8.jpg
celestial0015sh5.jpg
celestial0016ip0.jpg
celestial0021xu3.jpg
celestial0024bv2.jpg
celestial0025pn6.jpg

More icons to come in next post.

Here are the rest:

celestial0026xc7.jpg
celestial0028nt9.jpg
choirhobbit505093874iaatx3.gif
hopepz6.gif
leformat546982121iaarz6.gif
wishuponasky281572505iafp9.jpg

I don't know if this last icon will be permitted to be used?

merbblsia8.jpg

Not these, I belonged to more than one "Icon" group on LiveJournal years ago, and that is where I got many of them, or from free icon sites. I have some that I made, but they are more geeky gamer friend specific, or ones I made for myself for game forums.

Ah, and here is elouai's lollipop portrait maker that you can use to make a portrait of yourself to use. Here's the portrait I made for myself. As you can see, same face as the doll below, but different glasses and hair. (Because they didn't have the same hairstyles and glasses for some reason)

katportraitem8.jpg

More avatar maker sites:

South Park I have tried this, it is safe/cool.

Simpsons I have tried this, it is safe/cool.

Otaku avatar maker. I've tried this, it's...ok. Seems to be safe.

Be Funky (make your own pictures funky) Haven't tried this.

Create My Picture. I haven't tried this but it looks neat, and seems to be safe. ETA: I tried it, you have to "Print Screen" and use an image editing program (I used Irfanview) to crop it and save it.

Mr. Picasso Head. I haven't tried this one either, but I'm about to! ETA2: I tried this, it is nifty. Seems to me like you could save the picture you create and resize it pretty easily for an icon.

Using this as a place holder, the Portrait Illustration Maker (link goes to someone's blog entry about them) site seems to be down, which is a shame, it was *VERY* popular. I tried it, is was neat.

List of a whole bunch of avatar makers here.

I stole your bird one Kat. It is pretty! :blowkiss:

:crazy: Not stolen, when it is freely put out for the taking. ;) It is nice though isn't it? I liked the sentiment in it.

:crazy: Not stolen, when it is freely put out for the taking. ;) It is nice though isn't it? I liked the sentiment in it.
Your cat and mouse one is a scream. I love it!!!!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Yeah, I stopped even going through my icon collection pretty quickly, because I came to this one, and it seemed so fitting. That cat's personality is something like both Oscar and Hazel too. :D

Here is a link to Planet M&M, you can make an M&M and save it, and I would think you could resize it pretty easily also. ETA: You don't have to be a member to save your M&M to your hard drive, just to the gallery. You can also take your avatar to the portrait studio and choose a background and other props for it as well. :)

Thanks so much for showing me how to upload my avatar, KatK ! I also uploaded a pic for my siggy. I had been struggling with the avi and couldn't get it to work til now. You're a sweetie !

KatK - thank you SO much! I've been here since 2003/2004 and never could figure out how you all got pictures in your siggies, etc. Thanks to you now I know. Thank you, thank you! :)

Glad to have helped. :) Love the new avis I see you guys using too. :D WS is getting more color! :woohoo:

ok, the lady with the two eyes and mouths just gave me a HUGE migraine

oh kat, can i use that first one?

Sure, that's what I posted it up for! :D :blowkiss: ETA: Yeah, that icon is weird, but I kinda like it. What they did was put an extra set of eyes and an extra mouth on it to make an optical illusion. It's trippy...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back