GUILTY IN - Liette Martinez, 22, brutally murdered, Fort Wayne, 18 April 2008

Jolynna

Reaction score
Liette "Lola" Martinez was a girl known to always wear a smile. Far from home, she wrote she missed her friends, her family and her dog.

"I just want to go home," she said.

She was a talented artist. She could make you feel her emotions with her words.

She was beautiful inside and out.

http://www.badgirlscrimeblog.com/?p=98#more-98

Warning: I needed a box of Kleenex to read her myspace pages.

An interesting sidenote is that Chelsea Clinton was scheduled to speak on the Campus where Lola was killed.

Lola was found at 11:40 a.m., Chelsea went on as scheduled at 12:15 p/m. Although Lola had been bludgeoned and stabbed, (obviously a homicide) students were not notified of anything going on until after Chelsea's speech. They still attended classes and activities. After Chelsea's speech they were notified by e-mail there had been a death and it was being looked into.

At 3 p.m. classes were canceled. But scheduled activities went on.

I live in Indiana. All the news was about Chelsea's visit. Nothing on Friday about Lola's death.

Good thing the roommate's mom didn't have a gun as well as a knife and do more. The campus was open.

IMO

For the love of God. I'm just sitting here shaking my head. Jolynna, am I reading right that the girls were in a dorm? What in the he*l was the mother doing living there for two weeks? She just snuffed out the life of a bright, and beautiful young lady. She was an only child. These poor, poor people. Senseless, senseless. Such talent as well. Man, just looking at that lady's picture makes me see red. Plus, she has a daughter who now what? I guess the nut didn't think about that either. Threw hot water in her face? Lousey B. Like stabbing the poor girl wasn't enough.

For the love of God. I'm just sitting here shaking my head. Jolynna, am I reading right that the girls were in a dorm? What in the he*l was the mother doing living there for two weeks? She just snuffed out the life of a bright, and beautiful young lady. She was an only child. These poor, poor people. Senseless, senseless. Such talent as well. Man, just looking at that lady's picture makes me see red. Plus, she has a daughter who now what? I guess the nut didn't think about that either. Threw hot water in her face? Lousey B. Like stabbing the poor girl wasn't enough.

Lola was so talented. And she wanted to go home.

I bawled like a baby when I read her blogs. Especially over the part where she said she wanted children more than anything.

Lola's parents said they would welcome Morris' daughter to the services. They don't blame her for what her mother did.

I think the girls were temporarily helping the mom out. Who would be suspicious of someone's "mom"?

The girls were in an apartment dorm. There were 3 in that unit. (not counting the mother) Each had their own bedroom. But they shared a living space, bath, etc.

Same sex visits are restricted to 72 hours. No opposite sex overnighters.

But, it looks like the college has been flexible.

Another student (random gunshot) was murdered on the same campus two weeks ago.

This was REALLY downplayed around here. I think, after what happened at Virginia Tech, a murdered body in college housing is reason for strong alerts, a lockdown and classes to cease.

Nobody knew how far the mother might go. Or that she didn't have a gun. They didn't have a clue where she went until the next day. She was caught in Lola's car in Indianapolis.

That is SO sad. I hope she gets the death penalty.

I couldn't pull up the myspace link. It gave me an error message. My heart would probably break even more though....

I have four daughters, one which roomed with college friends for four years and then someone she met through a Craig'sList ad.

What can I say. This is toooo sad. This woman is a sick individual.

Prayers to the victim's family and prayers to the perps family too.

Who knew she was so evil.

Sad, really, really sad. :(

fran

PS...Oh, the Craig'sList thingy didn't work out so well. (First impressions aren't always correct!) She's on her own now, thank goodness! fran

Warning: I needed a box of Kleenex to read her myspace pages.

An interesting sidenote is that Chelsea Clinton was scheduled to speak on the Campus where Lola was killed.

Lola was found at 11:40 a.m., Chelsea went on as scheduled at 12:15 p/m. Although Lola had been bludgeoned and stabbed, (obviously a homicide) students were not notified of anything going on until after Chelsea's speech. They still attended classes and activities. After Chelsea's speech they were notified by e-mail there had been a death and it was being looked into.

At 3 p.m. classes were canceled. But scheduled activities went on.

I live in Indiana. All the news was about Chelsea's visit. Nothing on Friday about Lola's death.

Good thing the roommate's mom didn't have a gun as well as a knife and do more. The campus was open.

IMO

i wonder when the media was notified by the university about lola's death. they may have waited until they covered such a great story (chelsea's visit) before this bombshell.

i wonder if the media's picked up wind of this.

and im shocked that cnn, foxnews and msnbc have all ignored this story. i havent found a single story on those 3 websites.

After reading about her parents (father in jail, mother an habitual violent criminal) I'm amazed Morris's daughter managed to make it to college. It appears the daughter was the one supporting her no-good mom, hopefully being rid of her nefarious presence will be a positive consequence to this otherwise very sad episode. :(

i wonder when the media was notified by the university about lola's death. they may have waited until they covered such a great story (chelsea's visit) before this bombshell.

i wonder if the media's picked up wind of this.

and im shocked that cnn, foxnews and msnbc have all ignored this story. i havent found a single story on those 3 websites.

I am surprised this story did not recieve more coverage as well.

I live in Indiana and except for Fort Wayne it isn't being covered here. My son lives in Ft. Wayne. He used to take classes at that college. He worked for the college part-time too.

But, it was not released in Fort Wayne, even to the students, that there had been a homicide on the campus until 3 p.m.

That was through e-mail.

The earlier e-mail at 1 p.m. just said there was a death. The earliest RUMORS were that it might have been suicide.

Where I live in Indiana, nada on the news about it.

Who would be suspicious of someone's "mom"?
Not young people that's for sure. Me? I'd be way suspicious somebody's mom crashing with young people who are in school. This bright, and beautiful girl murdered in cold blood by some head case. It's just so wrong.

I hate to throw out the race card here but I believe the reason this story is getting little attention is because the victim is Hispanic and the cold-blooded murderer is black.
*shrugs*
I also believe these tensions between blacks and latinos is very thick in some areas and by making this a huge story the press could cause some serious drama.

It is kinda like that Knoxville case where a white middle class couple were BOTH (the man and the woman) violently raped (is there any other kind of rape?) and tortured by a group of poor (financially and morally) African Americans. NO MEDIA at all in that case and for sure they killed that couple because they were white. UGH.

I worry about our country. :(

Reactions: d4j
It appears some of you are wondering how a guest could live in a dorm w/o being discovered.

There are residential assistants (college kids) who live in each dorm. Gone are the days of an adult house mother, etc. (Just give a college kid reduced/free board.) Most of the residential assistants are not attuned to anything other than their own lives and have no real clue as to what's happening right under their own noses.

For the record #1...
Several years ago a young man my son knew well was kicked out of the dorm but allowed to attend classes because it was only 3 weeks from the end of the school year. Did he leave? Well, he turned in his keys; however, he slept in his own bed. Did his friends know? You can bet they did.

For the record #2...
My son lived in off-campus housing his senior year with two other guys. One of the guys was only supposed to live there for 2 trimesters because he was officially finished with school. However, he found a job and continued to live with the other two until the school year ended. Again, colleges have no clue who's staying where most nights.

The daughter of the murderer could have been going to college and living free if she came out of a foster home or had been receiving welfare payments.

I hate to throw out the race card here but I believe the reason this story is getting little attention is because the victim is Hispanic and the cold-blooded murderer is black.
*shrugs*
I also believe these tensions between blacks and latinos is very thick in some areas and by making this a huge story the press could cause some serious drama.

It is kinda like that Knoxville case where a white middle class couple were BOTH (the man and the woman) violently raped (is there any other kind of rape?) and tortured by a group of poor (financially and morally) African Americans. NO MEDIA at all in that case and for sure they killed that couple because they were white. UGH.

I worry about our country. :(

I hope the lack of coverage is not because of that. If you look at pictures of Lola hanging out with her friends, it looks like it was an intregrated group of kids.

That girl was talented. She should have had the art career she wanted. She should have had the kids she wanted.

Her death was senseless.

I understand Lola trusting her friend's mom. I don't think she really knew much about her. Lola's parents said they were comfortable with her set of friends, liked them and didn't worry about her because of who she hung out with.

After reading about her parents (father in jail, mother an habitual violent criminal) I'm amazed Morris's daughter managed to make it to college. It appears the daughter was the one supporting her no-good mom, hopefully being rid of her nefarious presence will be a positive consequence to this otherwise very sad episode. :(

This is exactly what I thought too, KarlK. Prayers that this young woman can break the downward spiral of her immediate family and make a life for herself. Such a tragic story.

It appears some of you are wondering how a guest could live in a dorm w/o being discovered.

There are residential assistants (college kids) who live in each dorm. Gone are the days of an adult house mother, etc. (Just give a college kid reduced/free board.) Most of the residential assistants are not attuned to anything other than their own lives and have no real clue as to what's happening right under their own noses.

For the record #1...
Several years ago a young man my son knew well was kicked out of the dorm but allowed to attend classes because it was only 3 weeks from the end of the school year. Did he leave? Well, he turned in his keys; however, he slept in his own bed. Did his friends know? You can bet they did.

For the record #2...
My son lived in off-campus housing his senior year with two other guys. One of the guys was only supposed to live there for 2 trimesters because he was officially finished with school. However, he found a job and continued to live with the other two until the school year ended. Again, colleges have no clue who's staying where most nights.

Trino, that just gets me. My daughter though has complained three times to me that a friend or friends came to stay and go to parties, and stay at her dorm room. The complaint being somebody doesn't have ID they don't get in. We had went to move her to another room at one point and we showed ID and you have to show it on the way OUT as well and sign so they kind of have a time frame on you.. From what I had seen it's fairly strict. I'm not naive enough to think they can't get away with sneaking someone in there though. When she returned her keys to go to the new room one of the RA's does a walk through. It had been after the holidays and there was supposedly alcohol right out in the open, and the RA had to call the cops because these kids aren't 21. It amounted to a big mess and my daughter said it was these girls own fault for just leaving incriminating things out in the open. She had been home for the holiday's and the one girl stayed. Bottom line the other girl said it was my daughter's and the cop questioned her and she said "Yeah, ummmmmmm I wouldn't leave liquor just sitting out and ummmmm why would I anyway knowing the RA had to check it." Another words admitting that indeed she may have had some beer or something, but isn't stupid enough to leave it around. Excellent. Makes me feel great. This college stuff makes me a nervous wreck. Sorry for that rant. I was actually glad in a way knowing they are keeping a check on these kids somewhat. Again they got ways though to break every rule I know that. Unfortunately this poor girl paid the ultimate price.

It had been after the holidays and there was supposedly alcohol right out in the open, and the RA had to call the cops because these kids aren't 21.

It was much simpler in my college days, back then legal age was 18. If the reason for raising drinking age was lack of maturity then they should have raised it to 35.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
okaydandy
Back