Anybody want a pet rat?

Are these laboratory rats that were allowed to run rampant in the house and overbreed, or wild rats?! :eek: If they are lab/fancy rats, I can see them offering them up as pets, but *NOT* if they are just wild/sewer rats. Yes, there is a *BIG* difference. ETA: Ok, having now read the article, the headline to it is *STUPID*!!!! :mad: *fume* These are neglected pets, not an infestation! RAWR! I hope the poor lil ratties find a good home, and the mousies, and the snakes, and the cat. :( People who neglect and/or abuse their pets make me sick! :sick:

Ewwww, ewww, yucky poo! I am scared to death of those creatures. I won't click on the story for fear there is a pic. Wouldn't ever kill one but I will run like hell :eek:

strach, I don't even like chipmunks or squirrels ... they remind me too much of ... well, you know what.

strach, I don't even like chipmunks or squirrels ... they remind me too much of ... well, you know what.

ooo, I seen this on CNN the video of the house it was disgusting. They finally convinced the woman she could not live in the house. She got the rats to feed to the snakes and they got loose and bred and she never caught them they were running everywhere with feces on all the counters, tables, washer, dryer. It was disgusting. I think they should just feed them to the snakes.

ooo, I seen this on CNN the video of the house it was disgusting. They finally convinced the woman she could not live in the house. She got the rats to feed to the snakes and they got loose and bred and she never caught them they were running everywhere with feces on all the counters, tables, washer, dryer. It was disgusting. I think they should just feed them to the snakes.

O thank goodness I didn't see that! It would have taken me a month to recover.

Strange... news article stated 4 severely malnourished snakes were removed from residence, what's up with that? You would think if anything with all that food running around, snakes would have been fat & happy! :eek:

Strange... news article stated 4 severely malnourished snakes were removed from residence, what's up with that? You would think if anything with all that food running around, snakes would have been fat & happy! :eek:

She musta kept the snacks in a tank...she should have let them loose too!

What? What? Can ya even imagine? That's just great. People are outderminds. Glad I missed the video, ITM. You must have been skeeved.

Now I got that Michael Jackson song stuck in my head. "Ben the two of us...."Anyone remember that movie with the rats?

Are these laboratory rats that were allowed to run rampant in the house and overbreed, or wild rats?! :eek: If they are lab/fancy rats, I can see them offering them up as pets, but *NOT* if they are just wild/sewer rats. Yes, there is a *BIG* difference. ETA: Ok, having now read the article, the headline to it is *STUPID*!!!! :mad: *fume* These are neglected pets, not an infestation! RAWR! I hope the poor lil ratties find a good home, and the mousies, and the snakes, and the cat. :( People who neglect and/or abuse their pets make me sick! :sick:

Thankfully, I missed the video. But the woman who owned the snakes/rats is going into assisted living, and apparently had no one who cared enough for her to avert the situation. I wouldn't say that she neglected or abused her pets. She just simply couldn't manage to take care of them by herself. I'm glad that someone finally did something about the situation and helped both the animals and the woman. It sounds like the situation was so overwhelming to her that she just couldn't deal with it without help from an outside source. Life does that to you sometimes.

Thankfully, I missed the video. But the woman who owned the snakes/rats is going into assisted living, and apparently had no one who cared enough for her to avert the situation. I wouldn't say that she neglected or abused her pets. She just simply couldn't manage to take care of them by herself. I'm glad that someone finally did something about the situation and helped both the animals and the woman. It sounds like the situation was so overwhelming to her that she just couldn't deal with it without help from an outside source. Life does that to you sometimes.

Yes she did neglect the pets. Whether she was of her right mind or not, the pets were neglected. To have severely malnourished snakes when there are hundreds of rats running around is neglect. Something obviously snapped in her mind after buying the rats to breed and not caring to catch the ones once they escaped. I have more pets than the norm, and I can account for everyone of them and would instantly know if one were missing. I hope the animals all get adopted out and the snakes recover. I also hope she gets the help she needs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back