GA GA - Jackson Co., WhtMale 608UMGA, 32-65, below Oconee River I-85 bridge, Apr'08

Ms Suzanne

Reaction score
Hi
May I please ask if any one found out any more on this?

Woman’s bones found along I-85
Victim believed to have been thrown from bridge
BY ANGELA GARY
An investigation is under way into the identity of skeletal remains found by hikers Saturday near I-85.
The remains were identified as likely being a female and as having been at the site for some time. Law enforcement officers believe the woman was thrown from a bridge over the Oconee River near Hurricane Shoals Park.

http://www.mainstreetnews.com/2008/04:23:08/J0423A.html

Either one brought home to their family would be some wonderful news. Thanks for the link.

Hi
May I please ask if any one found out any more on this?

Woman’s bones found along I-85
Victim believed to have been thrown from bridge
BY ANGELA GARY
An investigation is under way into the identity of skeletal remains found by hikers Saturday near I-85.
The remains were identified as likely being a female and as having been at the site for some time. Law enforcement officers believe the woman was thrown from a bridge over the Oconee River near Hurricane Shoals Park.

http://www.mainstreetnews.com/2008/04:23:08/J0423A.html

The body was found in between Hwy. 82 and Hwy. 98 near the park. Here is the location from I 85.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=...997,-83.531091&spn=0.007364,0.014076&t=h&z=16

Believe is working on this to see if it might be possible that it is Monica Bowie. I have added this link to the Monica Bowie thread.

Prayers to this person, may she have her identity back soon and be returned to the people who love her,

Salem

Have a source nearby who is checking for an update. Will post if I hear anything back.

Thanks Concerned! I will be waiting to hear.

Salem

Estimates on the skull recovered was more than 6 months but less than 3 years. No other remains found. Trying to find out about clothing, shoes or jewelry that may have been found in the area, if any.

Estimates on the skull recovered was more than 6 months but less than 3 years. No other remains found. Trying to find out about clothing, shoes or jewelry that may have been found in the area, if any.

If you get a chance, Cp, would you ask if the skull had intact teeth and braces?

Thanks!

I want to add something I picked up along the way. There have been 4 sets of skeletal remains found with no skull. The skull found on I 85 doesn't match the other remains. So, this is 5 human beings found with no identity. This means it is 5 families somewhere that need to know who these remains belong to and if they belong to their family.

We need to beseech LE to give more info out to be able to help. The public resources and internal knowledge can help these cases as there are more of us than them. Also, the far reaching aspect supercedes a jurisdiction. Clues from other cases etc. I know so much of the effort is to be able to provide prosecutable aspects but the victim's families need to know where their loved ones are first.

Is there a website or link other than WS that shows all the finds together? If not, should we start one and list all the finds on this highway?

Salem

Hi
That's a good idea.I am interested in this too.

suzanne

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back