Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    If you get a chance, Cp, would you ask if the skull had intact teeth and braces?

Thanks!
    No dentals, I already asked.

I want to add something I picked up along the way. There have been 4 sets of skeletal remains found with no skull. The skull found on I 85 doesn't match the other remains. So, this is 5 human beings found with no identity. This means it is 5 families somewhere that need to know who these remains belong to and if they belong to their family.

We need to beseech LE to give more info out to be able to help. The public resources and internal knowledge can help these cases as there are more of us than them. Also, the far reaching aspect supercedes a jurisdiction. Clues from other cases etc. I know so much of the effort is to be able to provide prosecutable aspects but the victim's families need to know where their loved ones are first.

Tara Grinstead?

Is there a website or link other than WS that shows all the finds together? If not, should we start one and list all the finds on this highway?

Salem

Hi
    That's a good idea.I am interested in this too.

suzanne

I just want to make sure what I am understanding here is accurate; There have been 4 sets of skeletal remains found in this area and one human skull with no teeth-is that correct? The links to the I 85 skeleton seem to indicate other bones were also found-i just want to make sure I have a clear idea.

Quote Originally Posted by believe09 View Post
    I just want to make sure what I am understanding here is accurate; There have been 4 sets of skeletal remains found in this area and one human skull with no teeth-is that correct? The links to the I 85 skeleton seem to indicate other bones were also found-i just want to make sure I have a clear idea.
    No, the skeletal remains found on I 85 were skull only. The other remains were found around Georgia. There are no dentals for the skull. No other remains were found.

Quote Originally Posted by concernedperson View Post
    No, the skeletal remains found on I 85 were skull only. The other remains were found around Georgia. There are no dentals for the skull. No other remains were found.
    Got it, thank you.

Am a bit confused by the reporting.

Posted: Thursday, April 24th 2008 at 3:01pm
    Skeletal remains found in Jackson County
    By Bryan Williams Access Insider
    click to enlarge
    JEFFERSON – Skeletal remains were found last Friday by hikers along the Oconee River in Jackson County
    Jackson County Sheriff Stan Evans said it appears the body was thrown from the I-85 overpass into the riverbed, where it was found. “It had been there for quite some time,” he added.
    http://www.accessnorthga.com/detail.php?n=209338
    Last Friday would be April 18, by my reckoning. Age and gender unknown in this article.

Basically the same info:
    Skeletal remains found under interstate bridge
    Jackson County
    By Merritt Melancon | merritt.melancon@onlineathens.com | Story updated at 10:12 PM on Friday, April 25, 2008

Authorities in Jackson County have asked the Georgia Bureau of Investigation Crime Lab to try to identity human remains found under a bridge on Interstate 85.

Pieces of a human skeleton, including a skull, were found Friday afternoon by hikers exploring a wooded area west of where I-85 crosses Georgia Highway 98 in Commerce, said David Cochran, chief deputy of the Jackson County Sheriff's Office.

Sheriff's deputies searched the area Saturday morning, collected the bones and sent them to the crime lab for identification.

Until technicians come back with some results, there is little investigators can say. The sex, age and race of the person are unclear at this point, Cochran said.
    But then:
    http://www.mainstreetnews.com/2008/04:23:08/J0423A.html

Woman’s bones found along I-85
    Victim believed to have been thrown from bridge
    BY ANGELA GARY
    An investigation is under way into the identity of skeletal remains found by hikers Saturday near I-85.
    The remains were identified as likely being a female and as having been at the site for some time. Law enforcement officers believe the woman was thrown from a bridge over the Oconee River near Hurricane Shoals Park.
    “Investigators met with the gentlemen (hikers) first thing on Saturday morning at the site of discovery, which was under the Oconee River Bridge on Interstate 85 and confirmed that the remains were in fact human,” Sheriff Stan Evans said.
    It looks like the same story but it says the female remains were found Saturday and not Friday.

However, in this story it's supposed to be a man:
    Skull still a mystery for police
    By Merritt Melancon | merritt.melancon@onlineathens.com | Story updated at 11:50 PM on Sunday, June 22, 2008

It's been two months since hikers found a skull near an Interstate 85 overpass in Jackson County, and authorities still have few leads pointing to the identity of the body.

Forensic anthropologist Rick Snow of the Georgia Bureau of Investigation, who spends his days putting names to unidentified bodies, has found that the skull had been under the overpass for anywhere between six months and three years.

It belonged to a man, but it doesn't match either of the two headless skeletons that have been found in Georgia over the past year. "It's very, very rare that we see three dismembered skeletons in one year," Snow said.
    Suppose the last word is a man:
    http://www.georgia.gov/00/case_detai...066311,00.html
    Jefferson, GA in Jackson County near the Oconee River Bridge near I-85
    Date Found: Apr 19, 2008
    Race: White
    Location: Jefferson, GA in Jackson County near the Oconee River Bridge near I-85
    Weight: Unknown
    Height: Unknown
    Sex: Male
    Birth Range: 1943 - 1976
    Hair Color: Curly Black Hair
    Eyes: Unknown

Skull and four cervical vertebrae found by hikers. Time of death one and a half years to 3 months. Determined to be a homicide.
    April 19 is Saturday. Suppose it doesn't matter, maybe the hikers found something on Friday and the sheriff's people found something on Saturday.

Anyway, the thread title seems to be wrong, it's a man.

Didn't find him in Namus, DN link here:
    http://doenetwork.org/cases/608umga.html
    Unidentified White Male

* The victim was discovered on April 19, 2008 in Jefferson, Jackson County, Georgia
    * Estimated Date of Death: 3-18 months prior
    * Skeletal Remains

Vital Statistics

* Estimated age: 32-65 years old
    * Approximate Height and Weight: Unknown
    * Distinguishing Characteristics: Black curly hair.

Case History
    The victim was located near the Oconee River Bridge near I-85. Skull and four cervical vertebrae found by hikers.
    Determined to be a homicide.

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Donjeta For This Useful Post:

If the Doe Network UID is the same one on the thread here, the reconstruction looks remarkably like Stephen Lankester-Cox to me, and Jackson is 1 hr+ from where he disappeared in Acworth.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...x_stephen.html

Tossing him from a bridge is right in line with how LE suspects he was killed.

HMMMM....
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

12. The Following User Says Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

I just submitted him to GBI as a possible match for the UID. Thanks for the heads up Donjeta.
    email me

Long Lost Love: The Bob Harrod Story Disappeared/ID Network
    Amazon: Purchase Long Lost Love $1.99

Bob Harrod SAR

“The first time someone shows you who they are, believe them.”
    ― Maya Angelou

14. The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to believe09 For This Useful Post:

the UID is not in Namus but he is still at the GBI website so I assume he is still not identified:

http://gbi.georgia.gov/00/case_detai...066311,00.html

GA - Commerce, Male, UP11161, 19 April 2008, Skull, Gunshot Wound

Skull, mandible, and four vertebrae recovered of a male, age range 32-65 years, race unknown. Nearly full set of teeth present. Gunshot wound to skull. Located off I-85 in Commerce, Jackson County, GA on April 19, 2008.

https://identifyus.org/en/cases/11161

Not much to go on here, but there is a clay reconstruction of the face to look at, so I went in search of possibles. Since race is unknown and no remnants of hair were recovered, the coloring must be a guesstimate.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/2824/3

David Cunningham, a resident of Colorado, was in Atlanta when he disappeared after 9pm on August 4, 1984. At 3am the following morning, someone driving Cunningham's vehicle was ticketed on I-59 southbound outside Birmingham, AL; the ticket was written to David Cunningham, but two weeks later, the officer could not remember or confirm if driver was actually him. If Cunningham was carjacked shortly after 9pm and taken up I-85 northeast of Atlanta, where he was shot and dumped, the perp could have turned in the opposite direction and made it to Birmingham by 3am, though one wonders why the ticketing officer wouldn't have noticed any discrepancy between the DL photo and the driver's face.

At 36 years old, he's within the age range and there are two photos to compare; it's the shape of his eyes that caught my attention, the downward turn of the outer corners.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/534/5

Jimmy Maughon was 38 years old when he vanished on April 8, 1985 after leaving a bar in Winder, GA, where he had just won $4,000 in a pool tournament. His abandoned vehicle was found the next day near Winder. Commerce is 22 miles to the northeast of Winder.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/10594/6

This one just looks like the guy. Donald Boardman, age 35, disappeared from Atlanta on November 23, 1985. His new car, credit cards, and jacket were found in the possession of a known criminal several days later.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/718/15

The jawline on this one. Joseph Criner, age 57, was supposedly en route from Marietta to Augusta, GA, on Father's Day, 1992, which would have taken him through Atlanta where he could have been intercepted and taken up I-85.

I've only looked at Georgia MPs and there are lots more possibles, but these seem strongest to me so far. Anything here look like a good enough match to submit?

OkieGranny: There was already a thread for this UID. I've merged the thread you started with the existing one.

Ah, thank you. I did look for an existing thread but didn't find this one.

ETA: And all my possibles look way too old for the 3-18 months estimate of time of death. No such info was listed on NamUs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2