45 Missing 105 Homeless after apartment fire-Norwich, CT.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
A fast-moving fire destroyed a large apartment complex early Saturday, and authorities were looking for dozens of people reported unaccounted for.
Firefighters in a ladder truck spray smoldering remains of the 12-building apartment complex
No deaths had been confirmed, but Fire Chief Ken Scandariato said he couldn't rule out the possibility that some residents may not have escaped.
He said 105 of the estimated 150 residents of the Peachtree Garden Apartments have been found . He said some may have gone to stay with friends and relatives, but he added: "It's a question right now. It's in question."
Scandariato said the wreckage was still too hot by late morning to allow the use of arson dogs or cadaver dogs, and officials expected to be at the scene until at least Sunday afternoon.

i watched the video. HOW on earth could 3 apartment complexes just go up like that instantly? must be arson or something on the roof. what burns easily on the roof? was the place made of paper?

i watched the video. HOW on earth could 3 apartment complexes just go up like that instantly? must be arson or something on the roof. what burns easily on the roof? was the place made of paper?

It spread so quick it sounds like people are lucky they got out at all. From what I gather, the roof was continuous over the entire complex with no firestops. So once the fire started it just took off. It will be interesting to see what the cause was.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BeachyTee
Back