Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wfgodot View Post
    This is regarding Edit Options/Miscellaneous Options/Forums to Exclude from View: very happy the option exists, but, as new forums and sub-forums proliferate, they haven't been added to the "exclude from view" selections; say, for example, that one is a bit tired of the Lisa Erwin is Missing! threads which pop up on the New Posts timeline, and wishes to exclude them. As it hasn't been added to the options, it can't be done. Any way this excellent feature might be updated?
    I have been going forum by forum fixing this issue. but there are so many I haven't gotten them all and I have to check each one. if there are specific forums you want me to check the exclude feature- please let me know.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

I have a question I cannot seem to find the answer to. Are we not allowed to discuss the Maddie McCann disappearance? Thanks.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to TexasLori For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    I have been going forum by forum fixing this issue. but there are so many I haven't gotten them all and I have to check each one. if there are specific forums you want me to check the exclude feature- please let me know.
    Got em now! (On both the Jump and the "exclude.") Thank you very much!

6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wfgodot For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TexasLori View Post
    I have a question I cannot seem to find the answer to. Are we not allowed to discuss the Maddie McCann disappearance? Thanks.
    Not at this time-but perhaps in the near future.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JBean For This Useful Post:

As far as I know I am not having any problems posting to the forums, or with access. But just an hour or so ago I just started seeing a forum I had never seen listed before "why can't I post and why is this forum here?". Is it just a site snafu, or is something wrong with my email? Is there a way for me to check? Thx!!
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

Quote Originally Posted by elmomom View Post
    As far as I know I am not having any problems posting to the forums, or with access. But just an hour or so ago I just started seeing a forum I had never seen listed before "why can't I post and why is this forum here?". Is it just a site snafu, or is something wrong with my email? Is there a way for me to check? Thx!!
    Go into your User Profile and make sure the email address in there is correct. If not, please change it to your current address because if notices are bounced back, your account could be suspended.

Contact me privately if you are still having any problems.
    Last edited by Kimster; 03-26-2012 at 11:13 PM. Reason: typonese

I know they're here someplace, but for some reason I can not find instructions for ignoring a user. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Skigirl View Post
    I know they're here someplace, but for some reason I can not find instructions for ignoring a user. Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks!!
    <Click on User CP>
    Scroll down and on the left
    <Click on Edit Ignore List>
    In add a Member to your list
    <start typing the name of the person you want to ignore>
    <Click on OKay>

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to daisy7 For This Useful Post:

I want to know what the deal is with emus? Really.

15. The Following User Says Thank You to marycarney For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by marycarney View Post
    I want to know what the deal is with emus? Really.
    You'll need to ask Steely Dan that question. :kimsterwink:

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Hi, can someone help me? I want to add a missing case but I'm not sure where to add it. He was traveling from TX to IL here is the info. Can someone help me out? He is my friends grandfather.

http://mobile.wgntv.com/p.p?a=rp&m=b...postId=2181341

19. The Following User Says Thank You to c@rol For This Useful Post:

Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 04:03 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

perhaps not the correct place to post.
    But I am having trouble locating the intimate partner homicide thread.
    Has it been moved to a sub-form perhaps that I am not seeing?

:+:Anneliese Michel:+:

[21 September 19521 July 1976]

[Second chapter twelfth verse of [
    :+:Philippians:+:]
    [Work out your own salvation, with fear and trembling]
    :+:Emily Rose:+:

It has been deleted. All of the threads that were in there were dispersed to their appropriate areas. Mr tTt, is there a certain case you need help locating?

I was just wondering -- what is the WS policy regarding rumor? Some threads seem to get mired in it, and I'm not faulting posters or mods here. But are posters permitted to introduce rumor for discussion, or not? I have often seen people preface comments with things like "This is rumor, but...", or say that they've read a rumor on topix, or that they've heard something through the gossip network -- and then they post what amounts to rumor. Does the TOS permit people to post rumor/gossip/hearsay?
    Please forgive me if this is the wrong thread. For me, it matters -- one thing I love about WS is that there are some standards here regarding what counts as valid evidence for discussion.
    All JMO.

24. The Following User Says Thank You to Montjoy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    I was just wondering -- what is the WS policy regarding rumor? Some threads seem to get mired in it, and I'm not faulting posters or mods here. But are posters permitted to introduce rumor for discussion, or not? I have often seen people preface comments with things like "This is rumor, but...", or say that they've read a rumor on topix, or that they've heard something through the gossip network -- and then they post what amounts to rumor. Does the TOS permit people to post rumor/gossip/hearsay?
    Please forgive me if this is the wrong thread. For me, it matters -- one thing I love about WS is that there are some standards here regarding what counts as valid evidence for discussion.
    This is not a cut and dry question. If there was a bank robbery and they said their friend the teller had a gun stuck to her head and that wasn't in the MSM, I would let that fly. If they said their friend the teller said the robber said he had murdered Jon Benet, I would remove it immediately.

In other words, it depends on how much it can hurt the family or the investigation. Oftentimes we've seen missing cases where rumors fly that the victims have been found. Kyron Horman's case even had the media make such a report one evening and it spread like wild fire. Rumors like that can crush a family. Websleuths has a huge reader base and we want to do what we can to keep things from mushrooming into lies.

It's a tough balance though. Moderators don't read every post and sometimes by the time a rumor is discovered by the Mod Squad, it is all over the place. It's hard to put the toothpaste back into the tube, as Tricia would say.

And there you have it, as clear as mud.

Just don't post rumors. That's the bottom line!

26. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kimster View Post
    This is not a cut and dry question. If there was a bank robbery and they said their friend the teller had a gun stuck to her head and that wasn't in the MSM, I would let that fly.
    respectfully snipped!

But if someone was going to share insider information of the sort you mention, wouldn't s/he need to be verified first? I guess I should have said earlier that I wasn't talking about information from verified posters. If the poster is not verified, and provides insider information as in your example above, why should anyone trust it, other than that it is posted on WS, a moderated forum?
    All JMO.

28. The Following User Says Thank You to Montjoy For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    respectfully snipped!

But if someone was going to share insider information of the sort you mention, wouldn't s/he need to be verified first? I guess I should have said earlier that I wasn't talking about information from verified posters. If the poster is not verified, and provides insider information as in your example above, why should anyone trust it, other than that it is posted on WS, a moderated forum?
    We do ask that people get verified to disclose anything that is not released in the MSM. Even then, we cannot guarantee the information is accurate. Same with the MSM, too. We do what we can to get accurate information out there but nothing is guaranteed to be fact.

30. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Could someone please point me to info on verified status? I remember seeing that one can submit for verified status but I can no longer find the info anywhere. I want to re-read it and see who/what qualifies for verified status.
    Thank you for your help.
    Thespyma

Who do I need to contact to get one of my posts deleted? It is too late for me to edit or delete it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Thespyma View Post
    Could someone please point me to info on verified status? I remember seeing that one can submit for verified status but I can no longer find the info anywhere. I want to re-read it and see who/what qualifies for verified status.
    Thank you for your help.
    Thespyma
    Professional Posters & Verified Locals / Insiders *MAIN PAGE* - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    Last edited by KateB; 04-04-2015 at 03:28 PM. Reason: repair url tag.

34. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    Who do I need to contact to get one of my posts deleted? It is too late for me to edit or delete it myself.
    Alert the post and the mods will help you.

36. The Following User Says Thank You to Kimster For This Useful Post:

Is there someone I could PM with a new story? I am too new to post on the unidentified forum but wonder if someone would be kind enough to pop it on there for me?

Quote Originally Posted by Amber34 View Post
    Is there someone I could PM with a new story? I am too new to post on the unidentified forum but wonder if someone would be kind enough to pop it on there for me?
    Amber - you can PM it to me and I'll start a new thread for you. Welcome to WS!

Hi mods. I've seen references to ad-free subscriptions to this forum, and wonder if that is an option for registered members. I have a slow Internet connection and would gladly pay a subscription fee for an ad-free Websleuths experience. Thank you!

Page 11 of 22 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast