988 users online (123 members and 865 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 762
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    Welcome Ciara & welcome to websleuths.

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    341
    I am no longer receiving email notifications about private messages. Is this a glitch? Thanks.

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    Hi rmf, can you check the spam settings for your email addy to make sure that your notifications aren't ending up in there please?

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by blaize View Post
    Hi rmf, can you check the spam settings for your email addy to make sure that your notifications aren't ending up in there please?
    Spam filter has always been off (and still is), but thanks for asking.


    Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Do you get other emails from WS? Is the email address on file here valid?
    Yes and Yes.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    Do you have the 'Receive Email Notifications' box ticked in your usercp under settings & options, edit options?

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    341
    Quote Originally Posted by blaize View Post
    Do you have the 'Receive Email Notifications' box ticked in your usercp under settings & options, edit options?
    Yes.

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    If this setting is ticked under private messaging rmf then I'm not sure where the breakdown is occurring because if all the right boxes are ticked the the server is most likely sending the notifications.


  8. #38
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    98
    How do I keep from getting bumped off? Every once in a while, I will click on an area and it tells me to sign in. Is there any way to just sign on once, when you first log in?

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,332
    Hi Tristen07, try clearing your browser's cache and cookies and then restart the browser and log in to websleuths again. When you enter your username and password tick the keep me logged in box too.

    Hope that helps.

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Posts
    723
    I hope this is the right place to address this:

    I was gone for a bit and when I came back I noticed the "Thanks" and the "Groan" icons at the bottom of the posts. A day or so later I saw that there was only a "Thanks". Is there some place (thread) where these features were discussed? I searched around and could not find it. Thanks.
    "Your words and actions should reflect how you would want someone to act and speak towards you"

    TruthSeeker not Truth Seeker. No space between Truth and Seeker. My post are my opinion unless a link is posted.


  11. #41
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,814
    There is a thread in The Jury Room covering the Thanks and Groans buttons

    The thread is actually called Thanks and Groan and its on the first page in The Jury Room threads:-)))
    Rest in Peace Baby P xx

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    LSU
    Posts
    1,777

    To Whom It May Concern:

    I wish everyone could talk about the bannings, out in the open, on the board, for all to see. I think these secrets are bad for all parties involved. See, when people get banned for something they feel is unfair or untrue, and especially without warning or recourse, they go to other sites and bash the hell outta the site &/or mod that did it.

    I was recently banned for something I didn't do. After several days when it wasn't corrected, I joined to JQ to tell my story because I know several read both sites. This is after reading there because we weren't allowed to discuss the WC fiasco at WS. I didn't want to discuss it, just to know what really happened. Well, couldn't get that here, so I, and many others, went there. And there was ALL the dirty laundry about WS and the bannings ad nauseum. Some of those posters I remembered from when I posted here long ago. They were good people and according to their stories, like my recent one, they didn't deserve to be banned.

    IMO, if the banning mod had to explain, however briefly, on the thread were a poster is being banned, everyone could see what the deal is. We would know what is OK and what is not. I think it would drastically cut down on the unwarranted bannings - which happened to me, and apparently many, many others. Otter is another that feels she was unjustly banned recently. Until the secrecy policy changes, it's going to keep happening too. JMO

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    2,522
    Well Accord2Me if they write to Trisha and ask to be reinstated I bet that will happen.

    What do you reckon ?

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    nowhere special
    Posts
    1,843
    It is our policy and has always been our policy that it is NOT THE BUSINESS OF THE POSTERS WHEN AND WHY SOMEONE IS BANNED. I am pretty confident in saying that that will not change here. We actually talk to one another (mods and admin) when someone is timed out and banned, and there is no need to let the whole forum know what is going on.

    Quote Originally Posted by accordn2me View Post
    I wish everyone could talk about the bannings, out in the open, on the board, for all to see. I think these secrets are bad for all parties involved. See, when people get banned for something they feel is unfair or untrue, and especially without warning or recourse, they go to other sites and bash the hell outta the site &/or mod that did it.

    I was recently banned for something I didn't do. After several days when it wasn't corrected, I joined to JQ to tell my story because I know several read both sites. This is after reading there because we weren't allowed to discuss the WC fiasco at WS. I didn't want to discuss it, just to know what really happened. Well, couldn't get that here, so I, and many others, went there. And there was ALL the dirty laundry about WS and the bannings ad nauseum. Some of those posters I remembered from when I posted here long ago. They were good people and according to their stories, like my recent one, they didn't deserve to be banned.

    IMO, if the banning mod had to explain, however briefly, on the thread were a poster is being banned, everyone could see what the deal is. We would know what is OK and what is not. I think it would drastically cut down on the unwarranted bannings - which happened to me, and apparently many, many others. Otter is another that feels she was unjustly banned recently. Until the secrecy policy changes, it's going to keep happening too. JMO

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by accordn2me View Post
    I wish everyone could talk about the bannings, out in the open, on the board, for all to see. I think these secrets are bad for all parties involved. See, when people get banned for something they feel is unfair or untrue, and especially without warning or recourse, they go to other sites and bash the hell outta the site &/or mod that did it.

    I was recently banned for something I didn't do. After several days when it wasn't corrected, I joined to JQ to tell my story because I know several read both sites. This is after reading there because we weren't allowed to discuss the WC fiasco at WS. I didn't want to discuss it, just to know what really happened. Well, couldn't get that here, so I, and many others, went there. And there was ALL the dirty laundry about WS and the bannings ad nauseum. Some of those posters I remembered from when I posted here long ago. They were good people and according to their stories, like my recent one, they didn't deserve to be banned.

    IMO, if the banning mod had to explain, however briefly, on the thread were a poster is being banned, everyone could see what the deal is. We would know what is OK and what is not. I think it would drastically cut down on the unwarranted bannings - which happened to me, and apparently many, many others. Otter is another that feels she was unjustly banned recently. Until the secrecy policy changes, it's going to keep happening too. JMO
    I am going to respond to you in the members only area, because that is where I think my response belongs. Not trying to give you the run around,but another thread was opened in the PL after we directed you here, sorry for the confusion.

    http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81340

Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. 'Beach Joins Caylee Forum Moderators
    By BondJamesBond in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 84
    Last Post: 03-04-2011, 10:53 PM