1229 users online (210 members and 1019 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Animal04216 View Post
    It is our policy and has always been our policy that it is NOT THE BUSINESS OF THE POSTERS WHEN AND WHY SOMEONE IS BANNED. I am pretty confident in saying that that will not change here. We actually talk to one another (mods and admin) when someone is timed out and banned, and there is no need to let the whole forum know what is going on.
    Maybe you actually do some of the time. In light of the current situation, I am of the opinion reviewing current policy would make WS a better place.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    I am going to respond to you in the members only area, because that is where I think my response belongs. Not trying to give you the run around,but another thread was opened in the PL after we directed you here, sorry for the confusion.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81340

*big sigh* I am confused!

First, there was the "What Can I Do to Help YOU?" thread where I thought I could ask.

Then, I was told in several replies by different posters to ask here.

Now, it's back to the private, member's only, Parking Lot!!!!!

IMO, IT'S THE SECRECY THAT'S A HUGE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! (not yelling)

Quote Originally Posted by accordn2me View Post
    *big sigh* I am confused!

First, there was the "What Can I Do to Help YOU?" thread where I thought I could ask.

Then, I was told in several replies by different posters to ask here.

Now, it's back to the private, member's only, Parking Lot!!!!!

IMO, IT'S THE SECRECY THAT'S A HUGE PART OF THE PROBLEM!!! (not yelling)
    I apologized and explained, so that's all I can do dear friend.

But,imo this is an issue for members to discuss. It's not about keeping a "secret", it's about respecting all involved. JMHO of course. I hope you understand.

This is probably a question I should PM one of the Mods with ... but I thought I'd put it out there (out here?) and see if it could be answered publically.

I am a military family and we move every three years, at least. With the moves come new ISPs, and new email accounts. I would very much like to be able to keep my profile name, but I'm not sure how since I have to cancel my internet provider before I sign up for service in our new area.

Does this make any sense or am I better off with the PM?? Thanks in advance, Wynter

Can't view attached pics, jpg's, etc ...

Every time I try to open a picture that's been embedded in a post I get the following message: Wynter's girl, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons (two reasons snipped). Do I need to post more than a couple of times in order to be able to view these attachments or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again in advance,

Wynter

Quote Originally Posted by Wynter's girl View Post
    Every time I try to open a picture that's been embedded in a post I get the following message: Wynter's girl, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons (two reasons snipped). Do I need to post more than a couple of times in order to be able to view these attachments or am I doing something wrong?

Thanks again in advance,

Wynter
    I am no moderator at WS or anywhere else, but I can answer your question.

There is a quota of posts you need to make before you get full access. The exact number seems to be a secret mystery, not revealed to us mortals, but it's roughly 50 posts.

Hope that helps, happy posting.
    Hercule.
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    _________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light

How come some of us have green dots beside our names and others have blue? Does it have to do with being on or offline?

Quote Originally Posted by justthinkin View Post
    How come some of us have green dots beside our names and others have blue? Does it have to do with being on or offline?
    Yes.

Green = online

(Hey Mods, when do I get the official promotion and the super powers?)
    Do not go gentle into that good night.
    _________ Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule Poirot View Post
    Yes.

Green = online

(Hey Mods, when do I get the official promotion and the super powers)
    Thank you my WS family for everything you do, everyday. You are loved and appreciated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Emma Leigh Barker~
    09/02/07~03/18/09
    ~R.I.P.~

Justice For Emma
    Stacey Barker - Guilty - Murder 1 - 5/24/11
    25 to LiFE - Sentenced 6/17/11

~~~~~~~~~~~
    jmho as always

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Adnoid - can you explain to me (or show me where to find) how to embed the link in the title like you have done in "Right Here"? Pleasssssseee.

When adding previous links to a new thread, I have noticed that this can be done and I would like to know how because it makes the thread look so much prettier.

Thank you!

Salem

Here's a thread on it that's short on explanation - let me add to it.
    Thanks Adnoid! I am assuming that you will post the link to the thread after you add to it? I did finally get it figure out, but I would love to have the link that I can bookmark, because I know I will forget before I want to do it again.

THANK YOU!

Salem

Actually I thought I had - my screwup. Here you go:

making a URL into text? - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community
    You did.... People just skimmed right over it!

“Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sr.

What does a + by someone's name mean?

TIA

Why am I being logged off from WS every ten minutes even while I may be posting or just reading? I have checked "remember me" box but have the same problem. I have to log on multiple times a day or night. Help?

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Why am I being logged off from WS every ten minutes even while I may be posting or just reading? I have checked "remember me" box but have the same problem. I have to log on multiple times a day or night. Help?
    Thank you for presenting your problem here lonetraveler. I'm sure when Adnoid see's your post he will try and help you.

Hang in there, not everyone is online all the time

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast