663 users online (83 members and 580 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    My screen resolution is 800x600. I've never had any problems with the forums not resizing to fit my screen before, but today when I logged in, I had to side scroll right due to width issues. I'm assuming it may have something to do with the advertising banners?

Quote Originally Posted by Fukiyama View Post
    My screen resolution is 800x600. I've never had any problems with the forums not resizing to fit my screen before, but today when I logged in, I had to side scroll right due to width issues. I'm assuming it may have something to do with the advertising banners?
    was this on a specific thread or throughout the whole forum?

Quote Originally Posted by lonetraveler View Post
    Why am I being logged off from WS every ten minutes even while I may be posting or just reading? I have checked "remember me" box but have the same problem. I have to log on multiple times a day or night. Help?
    Try logging off and clearing your cookies. Then sign on and click the remember me box.

Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    was this on a specific thread or throughout the whole forum?
    The grey background is still centered in my browser without having to scroll.

The forum area /was before/ centered in the middle of the grey background and if I remember correctly, had margins of equal width on each side. Everything above the new advertisement banners is still this way.

The forum area /now/ below the advertisement banners has the usual margin on the left, but on the right, it terminates right at the edge of the grey background as do the advertisement banners themselves.

The actual boxes for posts, threads, thread listings, etc. are what are extending off the screen to the right and causing my screen to scroll.

I'm not sure if this is the right thread to ask this questions, but it seems appropriate enough since only the sites owner and moderators would know the answer.

My question: On another Vbulletin message board, I can go into UserCP and set my invisibility settings to show that I am offline at all times, which is what I choose as I really don't like people knowing how long I am spending on a message board, but I am weird like that.
    It seems that I cannot do so on this board, is there any reason why this feature is not used?

Thanks,
    E*E

Thank you.

ETA: If I just thought about it to begin with, I can just as easily sign out and sign back in when I want to post something.

E*E
    Last edited by Enchanting_eyes; 09-01-2009 at 01:39 PM.

Thanks for blue line that separates the stickies from the threads. It's really helpful.

Hi. I've got a little question about something that annoys me.

When one posts on a poll thread, a subscription is automatically added (like all threads), which is fine, as I want to see subsequent posts.

However, whenever I check my "subscribed threads," the poll thread is very nearly always bolded as containing updates, even when there are no new posts.

The only thing I can think, and this was suggested by other posters, is that it is because someone voted in the poll, but did not leave a comment.

Is there any way that polls votes can not count as updates for my subscription list, or is my only option to either unsubscribe to the thread or put up with the tease?

(I do realize I can tell by the "last post" date and poster to see if it is really a new post or not, but I can't stand leaving it bolded as a "new post" so I usually go just to get rid of it off my list. I know, I know: Anal much?)

how do I contact a mod/admin in private I was looking to send a PM or similar but just don't seem to be able to find the right link for that here sorry

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    The View Forum Leaders link is at the bottom of each page.
    Thanks adnoid, I did find that page but could not see a private message link (there is a contact column but its blank and if I visit a profile like yours I see the option to leave a message on your board but not send you a private one)

but it might just be me missing something
    Last edited by HFMC; 09-08-2009 at 01:32 PM. Reason: SP

Quote Originally Posted by HFMC View Post
    how do I contact a mod/admin in private I was looking to send a PM or similar but just don't seem to be able to find the right link for that here sorry
    You might need more posts to have PM use.

Thanks to both of you for replying, I should have guessed it was a newbie restriction I'll do email until I have enough

Question Formatting

Last night, my font sizes suddenly changed, but only for WS, and only for parts of it. It looks like the logo and ad sizes have gotten much larger. Was any work done on the site last night, or is it my computer?
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by adnoid View Post
    Not a thing was changed.
    Okay thanks! Problem solved: somehow in Firefox, my text got zoomed in, just needed to reset, it was normal in IE!
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie

I have made this request before, but I'll do it again here, with great passion. Is there any chance WS will reverse its policy on editing of posts? In one of my threads, there are some old posts I would really, really, really - being the perfectionist I am - like to edit, to add photos and make the odd correction.

I realize the limited-time editing has some purpose, which is I guess to prevent people from expediently changing what they have written in a controversial post, but I have seen this editing policy at none of the many other vBulletin forums I visit, which may be instructive to you. My feeling is it does more harm than good, because people like me, who have innocent intentions, are prevented from making helpful changes to their posts.

Maybe keep the limited-time editing in place in only the Political forum, or in other areas where controversy tends to erupt, and change the other sections to allow indefinite editing. I would really like to be able to be able to improve my past posts when the necessity arises. For instance, now that I have figured out why images I posted weren't appearing (a simple problem whose answer had eluded me since I joined), I want to add photos to many of my posts in the "Unsolved Toronto Crimes" thread, as well as re-posting a few helpful maps and photos that mysteriously disappeared from Imageshack. I'm running out of available crimes to profile in that thread, which I have spent an enormous amount of time creating, so the thread will soon go dormant for at least the foreseeable future. Therefore, I would have plenty of time to go back and add in the aforementioned supplementary material, if that were possible.

Please reconsider.

Page 5 of 52 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast