625 users online (61 members and 564 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Austria - Woman Held Captive, Had 7 Children by Father

http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...ef=mpstoryview

I never understood how things like this could happen. I wonder how it was she couldn't escape. It says one of the children was 19, you'd think that maybe when "Grandpa" showed up they could all attack him, he wasn't a young guy.......it's a sad situation and I'm not trying to make light of it. I hope the man wasn't abusing the grandchildren also.

Quote Originally Posted by MsRusty View Post
    http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe...ef=mpstoryview

I never understood how things like this could happen. I wonder how it was she couldn't escape. It says one of the children was 19, you'd think that maybe when "Grandpa" showed up they could all attack him, he wasn't a young guy.......it's a sad situation and I'm not trying to make light of it. I hope the man wasn't abusing the grandchildren also.
    She was very young when he locked her away and she feared him. This was the only way of life those poor babies ever knew so they would have probably feared him also. You can almost bet this monster molested the children, pedophiles never stop unless they are DEAD or imprisoned. (I prefer dead)

Also, this poor woman obviously loves her children, she made sure he would never be near them again. She probably could not escape due to the fact of being pregnant several times and having very small children. She wouldn't risk leaving them, I'm sure.

Yes, that is true. I didn't think of that. She was only 11 when she was locked away, she didn't know any other life. It is a sad case anyway. I do hope they all get the help they're going to need. I hope the father is punished to the full extent of the law.

this is really bizarre, how did he hide all those kids?

I am confused

the article states that she sent her parents a note saying not to look for her but it also states that he was her father????

"in a chronology of events outlined in a statement, police said Elisabeth F. had apparently sent a letter a month after her disappearance asking her parents not to search for her."

Why would she need to send her parents a note if her father was the one who locked her up?????

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24337573

in this link it says the mother was unaware of what was going on....was she never in the cellar? wouldnt she think it odd that he kept going down there but she never went? wouldnt she have heard the babies crying? wouldnt she wonder why he was buying so much food, or what about the clothing for the extra people.....there has to be more to this story...
    I wonder how bad off the children are....

I would think the father put her up to it, why else would she do it? Maybe he thought by her sending that they wouldn't look for her and just think she was only a runaway.

Quote Originally Posted by wildTrose View Post
    http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/24337573

in this link it says the mother was unaware of what was going on....was she never in the cellar? wouldnt she think it odd that he kept going down there but she never went? wouldnt she have heard the babies crying? wouldnt she wonder why he was buying so much food, or what about the clothing for the extra people.....there has to be more to this story...
    I wonder how bad off the children are....

I think the mother is full of it.
    How could she not know? The article also said that 3 of the children were locked up with her...
    So her mother just did not notice 3 extra children running around the house?
    She did not hear the others in the cellar??

Something about this is making me not believe it at face value.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post
    I am confused

the article states that she sent her parents a note saying not to look for her but it also states that he was her father????

"in a chronology of events outlined in a statement, police said Elisabeth F. had apparently sent a letter a month after her disappearance asking her parents not to search for her."

Why would she need to send her parents a note if her father was the one who locked her up?????
    Maybe the parents needed that note in case anyone reported the girl missing.

How could she not know? The article also said that 3 of the children were locked up with her...

The only way I could see that the mother didn't know is if the mother and father lived in separate residences.

You took the words right out my mouth, I'm not buying it either!

Crazy damn story:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/7369851.stm

"They are being cared for individually - those between 12 and 16 years of age who grew up with their grandparents, and two boys who, when they came out yesterday with their mother, saw the daylight for the first time in their lives."

The three children who grew up with their grandparents were left at birth outside the house, the first accompanied by a note from Elisabeth in which she said she could not care for the baby herself.

All three were taken in by Josef and his wife as foster or adopted children, police said.

From the article the eldest daughter is still in very severe condition and they are not releasing any information about her condition. Victim's names have been identified in this article.

http://www.earthtimes.org/articles/s...-24-years.html

Three of her six children were locked in the room with her, until her father let them out. She claimed her mother had not known about her imprisonment.

Josef Fritzl was detained by police and was being interviewed, but refused to cooperate, police said. Authorities began searching for the woman when a 19-year-old girl, believed to be her daughter, was hospitalized in the town Amstetten last weekend.

Amstetten's authorities had been originally told by the grandfather that the 19-year-old Kerstin, was left with him in a very severe condition on April 19 by her mother.

They were also shown a letter by the woman saying that nobody should look for her, as this would increase the suffering of her and her children, making the case even more mysterious.

According to state broadcaster ORF, authorities originally believed the woman had joined a religious sect, as the letter hinted at seclusion and refusal of education for the children.

Three of the children, named by police as Lisa, Monika and Alexander, had been left at their doorstep, the grandparents said. They attended local schools.

This is just terrible. I am sure the father and the mother knew about their daughter in the cellar with 3 children. The father is a despicable pedophile and the mother is an enabler of a pedophile and both should be punished for this. I am afraid this behavior of molestation will become obvious in the grandchildren too. The 3 living upstairs and the 3 living in the cellar.It seems he separated them for a purpose maybe so they wouldn't gang up on him.

I'm horrified to learn of another such shocking case to come out of Austria of an imprisoned child now a 42 year-old woman kept in a dungeon in a 'normal' home.

what is to become of her now?

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast