1069 users online (198 members and 871 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

James Caan exits movie over cookie controversy

James Caan has left the political comedy "Nailed" after a dispute led him to storm off the set, and it all seems to have centred on a cookie.

The trouble started last Wednesday on the first of Caan's two days of shooting the role of a U.S. speaker of the house who chokes to death on a cookie. Director David O. Russell asked him to cough as he choked, but Caan argued that the character couldn't cough and choke to death at the same time.

Russell suggested that they shoot it both ways, but the veteran "Godfather" actor expressed distrust that his version would be considered and left the South Carolina set. A spokesman for Caan wouldn't confirm or deny the specifics of what happened but said with a laugh that there were creative differences and the departure was amicable.

Russell has a reputation for on-set battles. He had well-documented differences with George Clooney (in which the two came to blows on the set of "Three Kings") and Lily Tomlin (in heated verbal exchanges on the set of "I Heart Huckabees" as seen last year on YouTube).

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20080423/...VqTiH5jN.s0NUE

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

well he's right isn't he? That's what makes choking especially scary and creepy. No noise.

If you're coughing, it means you're still getting air and there's a chance you can cough the object up. No noise meaning no air and time for the Heimlich Maneuver.
    Since his character choked to death, Caan is right.

The Director sounds weird.

Isn't it possible to still choke to death if the coughing doesn't work and you end up pushing the object down further? I don't know...just asking!

Perhaps the director could do some method acting and show everyone how to choke.

Here he is railing on Lily Tomlin during the filming of one of his movies. Perhaps he's a little anal. lol
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F86s4Vq59Ks

Taximom,

Curiosity got the better of me and I watched that video. WOW. That guy's in a serious meltdown. He's calling LILY a baby? You know, one of these days, some actor's going to experience another one of this guy's meltdowns and he's gonna end up with a few teeth missing...and deservedly so.

This guy's NUTS...

IrishMist is offline You can't control the wind - but you can adjust your sails
    Wow. He totally reminds me of my ex! Especially the part where he's screaming at her about growing up and acting like an adult!!

OMGosh he's a fruitcake. BTW, I think James Caan is right ... if you can cough, you're drawing breath and therefore you're not choking!

Wow he is completely crazy, his temper is scary. He is right tho, if you are really choking to death you can't make noise.

I would think actors/actresses like Caan and Tomlin really know what they are doing! He sounds a little wacko to me.

http://www.celebrityhack.com/george-...abees-tantrum/

Itís no secret around Hollywood that director David O. Russell is an *******óGeorge Clooney reportedly popped him in the face on the set of 1999ís Three Kings because Russell was such an insufferable prick. Now that the I Heart Huckabees tantrum video has hit the Internet, everyone knows it. But was it Clooney who leaked the video to the Web?

Quote Originally Posted by jilly View Post
    If you're coughing, it means you're still getting air and there's a chance you can cough the object up. No noise meaning no air and time for the Heimlich Maneuver.
    Since his character choked to death, Caan is right.

The Director sounds weird.
    Almost right. Sometimes the object can become tempoarily dislodged or break apart and allow a breath which could be expelled producing speech, or the obstruction is not quite complete and allows small breaths which can generate speech, but not sustain consciousness. This phenomenon is usually in hospitalized patients with airways already sensitive to stimulation; the ultimate shutdown is a combination of the foreign body and swelling. Usually, the breaths are so small the volume is low and only a few sounds can be heard.

That having been said, outside hospitals it is almost always as Caan says; a big obstruction you can't breathe across, thus no further speech. As everyone noted, if there is speech, the incident won't lead to asphyxia because air is moving in in order to provide an exhalation to produce the speech.

C6

What a nutjob-- he is really scary. She should have decked his azz. There is no excuse for that kind of outburst.

What a hole...

Good day all
    Goz

Just want to say that James Caan rocks. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Gozgals View Post
    What a nutjob-- he is really scary. She should have decked his azz. There is no excuse for that kind of outburst.

What a hole...

Good day all
    Goz
    Plus he got into a fist fight with George Clooney, it says, and Clooney seems pretty laid back. Caan might be a wee bit hard to work with, lol. He wouldn't be the first, or last, probably.

Follow me on the Twitter! @EricDiesel1972

Deuteronomy 18:10-12 (KJV)

10 There shall not be found among you anyone who makes his son or his daughter pass through the fire, or one who practices witchcraft, or a soothsayer, or one who interprets omens, or a sorcerer, 11 or one who conjures spells, or a medium, or a spiritist, or one who calls up the dead. 12 For all who do these things are an abomination to the Lord. (KJV)

Follow me at my Biblical Blog: http://scripture-demystified.blogspot.com

Baruch ha Shem Adonai.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast