Deaths of Male College Students-General Discussion #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuziQ

Former Member
Reaction score
New discussion thread for the forum.

Thanks Suzi & Mods/Admins for making this happen!

5fabdb77.gif

Btw, I think the following would be good candidates for this forum as well.

Ok guys, how do we want to do this? List cases under State grouping. Or create a new thread for every single case? Do we want to bring existing cases over from the missing forum? If we do that then they might have to be moved back. I'll let you guys fight it out. It makes no difference to me. lol.

ETA: if you decide that each case is to have it's own thread can we title them with Name, State, Date missing?

From the other thread...

The way the factoids were so jumbled it looked like LE didn't want to find a unifying theme other than drunk near water. A lot of paper was dedicated to outlining male-female relationships in detail, but little attention was paid to questions such as, exactly what time did the CI see Chris other than “after supper”?

I thought the dust-up around the Tobacco Shop would lead somewhere, but LE didn’t seem to pursue very hard. Several witnesses to that incident were not interviewed by MPD, only by FBI, whose reports were not corroborated. Other witnesses or informants seem to not have been brought in for questioning and their street interviews stood, even if the result was only that they didn’t want to talk to MPD at that time.

In short, nothing was pursued very vigorously before the discovery of the body and very little since if this is the complete record. Your take??
I agree, that they did not seem to take tabacco shop bit particularly seriously did seem odd. Though, I think they had already made up their minds and were simply going through the motions. Which is one thing I totally agree with the two NYC detectives (i.e., investigate it as a possible homicide and rule it out). I also found the off-duty officer's statements to be rather odd. It seemed as if they were working a bit too hard to buttress the "inebriated story." And, of course, I found the girlfriend's behavior strange. Why wasn't she concerned about where Jenkins was at closing? And why did it take the parents to report him missing? Then there's the investigating officers and their seeming lack of actually trying to get to the bottom of things. Maybe all of this was nothing. Then again...

The way we handled it on the Hilton case forum was to leave the individual cases where they were and copy them into the forum in individual threads for discussion. It seemed to work well that way. We did use States as a point with Hilton since he was up and down the East Coast. I don't know if there are enough states to go this route here tho or we could go by the years instead of individual cases. Make sense?

I started a Media Links thread and decided to include the women in a thread for a reason. I don't know if they are actually related in any way...however, the age, location, and many of them went missing from bars, too.

SS- informative read. Thanks for sharing.

Here is one from Fairbanks, Alaska found last year. (Die we already have him listed somewhere?)

The body was found around 6 p.m. Monday by Chris Sandland, a diver who was searching the water for the body of 20-year-old Will Bergeson, who has been missing since Nov. 11, 2006.

Bergeson was last seen leaving the Midnite Mine Bar, in downtown Fairbanks, Griffin Park, located just in front of the Chena River.

http://www.aksuperstation.com/home/7073412.html

Interesting. Would that river have been frozen over in November?

The way we handled it on the Hilton case forum was to leave the individual cases where they were and copy them into the forum in individual threads for discussion. It seemed to work well that way. We did use States as a point with Hilton since he was up and down the East Coast. I don't know if there are enough states to go this route here tho or we could go by the years instead of individual cases. Make sense?

I started a Media Links thread and decided to include the women in a thread for a reason. I don't know if they are actually related in any way...however, the age, location, and many of them went missing from bars, too.

I'm fine with that, or we could develop a template for case appropriateness? Either way I think there is enough of us on here to weigh in pretty quickly if it fits, thanks for the forum SQ

Here is one from Fairbanks, Alaska found last year. (Die we already have him listed somewhere?)

The body was found around 6 p.m. Monday by Chris Sandland, a diver who was searching the water for the body of 20-year-old Will Bergeson, who has been missing since Nov. 11, 2006.

Bergeson was last seen leaving the Midnite Mine Bar, in downtown Fairbanks, Griffin Park, located just in front of the Chena River.

http://www.aksuperstation.com/home/7073412.html

I dont think so SS, good find, from the article, he fits.

Good find on the Alaska article, SS. I'm wondering if Fairbanks LE should be alerted to the many other similar cases? I know, I know, you would think that LE across the states would inform each other, but I think it is apparent that they don't, jmo.

Salem

I am debating now on doing this forum in states...then individual threads of peak interest cases (ones the detectives have reason to believe are already connected). I thought about going by years, but it could get messier that way, I think. Any ideas? I have the time at the moment to get these up and going since no one has done it yet.

SS - I like the state idea. It will help to "group" the cases I think.

Salem

Crypto and Shado - the link to Shado's work did not work for me. Any chance you can repost it or tell me how to search for it and I will go find it?

Thanks,

Salem

Having the time I think lets you make the call- does it hurt us from posting on the overall issue, which is the connection to all cases per state?
The positve side is is posters locally in their state will be quick to update news links?

Crypto and Shado - the link to Shado's work did not work for me. Any chance you can repost it or tell me how to search for it and I will go find it?

Here you go:

Moved: see General Links

Imho, we need a general links thread. Or is it okay to post non-media links to the "media links" thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth