1204 users online (215 members and 989 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Thanks, Hoppyfrog. RIP Areerat Chuprevich.

It is interesting to me that she was found in or near Morrison. I am just not positive about their main suspect at this point until they provide more evidence he was responsible for her murder.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Missing and Found Dead

May 1968 - Christine Rothschild 18 years old, UW student (*MCM) Madison
    July 21, 1976 - Debra Bennett 20 years old, Cardinal Hotel (*MCM) Madison
    July (?) 1978 - Julie Ann Hall 18 years old, UW library asst., from King Tap Bar (*MCM) Madison
    April 1981 - Julie Speerschneider 20 years old, disappeared March 1979 from bar (*MCM) Madison
    April 1980 - Susan LeMahieu 24 years old (*MCM) Madison
    July 1981 - Shirley Stewart 17 years old, from Dean Clinic, (*MCM) Madison
    July 2, 1982 - Donna Mraz 19 years old, UW student, from waitress job on State St., (*MCM) Madison
    November 17, 1984 - Janet M. Raasch 20 years old, UW student/worked on campus, disappeared October 11, 1984, (*MCM) Buena Vista
    June 12, 1987 - Angela Hackl 17 or 18 years old, Saulk County *Terry Vollbrecht convicted.
    July/August 1987- Barbara Blackstone 31 years old, Lyndon Station
    March 1990- Sue McFadden 23 years old,
    April 26, 1993 - Inez Musch 19 years old, UW-Baraboo student transferring to UW-Madison , Saulk County *tentatively been ruled a suicide
    December 22, 2005 - Angela Drake 25 years old, student UW, disappeared December 9, 2005, Madison area *Michael DeSalvo convicted.
    November 27, 2006 - Diedre Harm 21 years old, disappeared June 10, 2006 from bar, WI Rapids
    July 9, 2007 - Kelly Nolan 22 years old, UW-Whitewater student, disappeared June 23, 2007 from State St. bar, Madison

Missing and Not Found

August 19, 1992 - Laurie Jean Depies 20 years old, (Still missing), Menasha, Wisconsin
    September 23, 1998 - Amber Wilde 19 years old, UW-Green Bay student, (Still missing)
    August 21, 2000 - Dawn Mohn 41 years old, (Still missing), Green Bay
    April 26, 2003 - Areerat Chuprevich 32 years old, (Still missing) Green Bay,

Unsolved
    1993 - Assault (stabbing) and rape, UW campus
    June 7, 2004 - Assault and Rape

*Mad City Murders=MCM according to article
    http://www.crimelibrary.com/serial_k...ison_wi/1.html

OMG, Seriously Searching, this is an awesome find!
    I'm surprised there's not been more attention on these missing girls as well!
    The causes of death are all different?
    Would the deaths of the women be a serial killer, or the group killing the males be killing the females differently?

I dont believe they are all conected, at least I dont believe Shirley Stewart is conected. I have always believed it was someone she knew. She left the building at work at one time but did not punch out till a later time,I think she was in the parking lot talking to someone and left with them. I also believe she returned home that evening and left again because the dog was barking while everyone slept, it was assumed she returned home from work. Vicki Blakely (Stewart)

I have always thought there are some female cases that are related to the male college students (or males around that age) drowning deaths. The females usually are not drowned though, only the males. I do not understand the connection, but there is one. It is really very heartbreaking.

Quote Originally Posted by luthersmama View Post
    78% of all drowning victims in the US in 2004 were male.

http://www.cdc.gov/ncipc/factsheets/drown.htm
    I think this might be because aside from murder and violent attacks, I've read somewhere that men are often more likely to die in accidents or something? I think it was because they tend to take more high risk professions (in this case stuff like sailing, fishing,...) and are more encouraged to engage in risky activities (think dares, getting completely drunk, going swimming on a whim,...).

Quote Originally Posted by cheko1 View Post
    Another thing about the girls who have been found dead, LE refuses to release much information & never solve the murders. They kind of sweep them under the rug......
    Maybe they're already on to something... or maybe if it's a group they're trying to find everyone or haven't made the connection.

---

This thread is really creeping me out. Maybe it would be a good idea to try to sleuth out individual cases and then get in touch with LE and tell them about this list? They may not have noticed a pattern.

I can't believe there are so many deaths and disappearances in such a small area and nobody bats an eye!

Everything in my posts is just my opinion unless it's a quote. ||| please don't quote my posts outside of this site without my permission.
    I'm no longer very active on WS due to lack of time, if you'd like to keep in touch feel free to PM me though.

Anonymous letter writer may help solve 1984 homicide case

STEVENS POINT, Wis. Authorities investigating a 1984 homicide case in Portage County are looking for the anonymous author of a letter they say could help solve the case.

Twenty-year-old Janet Raasch was a student at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point when her body was found in some woods south of the city.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/27...cmp=latestnews

BBM
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Ass end of nowhere, hell hole of a holler
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Anonymous letter writer may help solve 1984 homicide case

STEVENS POINT, Wis. Authorities investigating a 1984 homicide case in Portage County are looking for the anonymous author of a letter they say could help solve the case.

Twenty-year-old Janet Raasch was a student at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point when her body was found in some woods south of the city.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/05/27...cmp=latestnews

BBM
    My Lord, it appears that being a female student at UW is perilous. How many do you believe are connected & for how long a period do believe the SK was active, for it surely must be an SK. This is horrible & unconscionable.

At the time, police identified many persons of interest, but they never had enough evidence to name a suspect, WSAS reported.

The case stayed open.

In 2002, investigators exhumed Raasch's body, hoping modern DNA tests could lead to new evidence, the newspaper reported. They didn't.

Last year, police started working on a tip that the 20-year-old might have been pregnant which could have meant more DNA evidence.

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/crime/...icle-1.1808024

Good video in article.
    The World Has Gone Mad.

Supposedly fell through ice trying to walk across Lake Champlain. Body never recovered.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ine_linda.html

She was only 12 but it might go to show that it's not just men who accidentally fall into lakes and rivers in cold weather. (I think that the people who fall in water during warmer weather normally survive, certainly at a much higher rate than those who fall into water in cold weather.)

(I think many of the "Smiley Face Murders" really ARE accidents, that some are muggings gone wrong and other random murders by strangers, that a few are ODs covered up by friends, and that some are probably serial killers' victims. But I think the smiley face graffiti is mostly coincidence and that a lot of it's been added afterwards by copycat-esque people.)

Quote Originally Posted by macrauchenia View Post
    Supposedly fell through ice trying to walk across Lake Champlain. Body never recovered.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ine_linda.html

She was only 12 but it might go to show that it's not just men who accidentally fall into lakes and rivers in cold weather. (I think that the people who fall in water during warmer weather normally survive, certainly at a much higher rate than those who fall into water in cold weather.)

But that girl was by herself. Most young women who go downtown at night do not go alone (well, most young men also go with friends) but women are by far stricter adherents of the "buddy system."

I think that's the primary reason why there's not anywhere near a comparable number of young women drowning in similar circumstances to all these young men.

We women stay in groups or pairs, and just in general we keep better track of each other, because we have always lived with the very real threat of rape. This is especially true when we are partying or otherwise unsober, we know that makes it riskier to be alone.

If/when ever a drunk college woman wanted to stumble down to the water's edge, her friends would probably be there to stop her, or at least they could then help her if she had fallen in.

I've also read on good authority (wish I remembered where) that many men get some sort of mild glee from peeing into water while outdoors (a temptation that rarely affects women in my opinion). When you're drunk, you have to pee a lot more often, and it's much easier to slip and fall. This also fits with the information that several of the drowned men were revealed to have been recovered with unzipped flies, but nothing else out of the ordinary.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2