1301 users online (257 members and 1044 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 21
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,468

    Similarities

    From vanceholmes.com - Drowning in Coincidence
    "We absolutely believe they are connected. With Interstate 94 there -- they are the same in height, weight, all active on campus, there is something there. We spoke with the parents of the other ones and that's how we found out about all the similarities -- they are high achievers, heights and weights -- they are all very similar."
    -- Josh Guimond's father, Brian Guimond
    I thought we could have a thread for the similarities of the victims. I'm not familiar enough with the cases so far, so I'm curious to get everyone's input.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    6,468
    From encyclopedia.com
    All of the cases were extremely similar, and an obvious pattern emerged; so much so that, with each new death, more and more people were becoming suspicious and alarmed. Although not every single case displayed all of the commonalities listed, they were present in most. Generally, the victims

    * Were Caucasian males between the ages of 18 and 27.

    * Lived in the extended area surrounding Lake Michigan, most along Interstate 94.

    * Were students or recent graduates.

    * Were high-achieving.

    * Were in good physical condition and/or were athletes.

    * Were last seen out drinking with friends or at a party.

    * Were under the influence of alcohol.

    * Oddly became separated from friends.

    * Disappeared between the hours of 10 p.m. and 4 a.m.

    * Disappeared between the months of September and April.

    * Were given an accidental or undetermined cause of death.

    The common area that the deaths took place in and the strange circumstances surrounding the victims' disappearances serve as the fishiest parts of the multiple drownings. The other factors have all been rationalized; judging by statistics and hard evidence alone, there appears to be no phenomenon whatsoever. Consider the following:

    * Males make up 80% of drowning victims in the United States.

    * Individuals between the ages of 15 and 24 have one of the highest drowning rates.

    * None of the victims displayed any signs of foul play.

    * Drinking greatly increases the odds of drowning.

    * On average, nine accidental drowning cases occur in the United States every day.

    In addition, as most of the victims were in college towns in the Midwest, they easily fit the profile of young, high-achieving, physically fit, Caucasian males. And since college students are known for their binge drinking, it makes sense that they were drinking with friends between the hours of 10 p.m. and 4 a.m. during the school semester months (September through April).
    Much more at link above.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    *My posts are my opinions, expressed freely thanks to the First Amendment.*

  3. #3
    shadowraiths's Avatar
    shadowraiths is offline LISK Liaison, Verified Forensic Psychology Specialist, infoSec Architect
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    2,867
    Claims not yet verified:

    • Missing cell phones

    • Interaction with LE immediately before disappearance



    Forensic Psychology Portal

    I tend to disappear from Websleuths from time to time.
    If I do, you can usually find me on
    Twitter.


  4. #4
    Is there any commonality about whether the victims had fraternity affiliations?

  5. #5
    Not that I am aware of at this time, Petunia.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Minnesota-land of loons
    Posts
    3,212
    Quote Originally Posted by Peculiar Petunia View Post
    Is there any commonality about whether the victims had fraternity affiliations?
    IIRC, a few were in fraternities, most were not.

    Eve

  7. #7
    I am trying to look for any connections between these young men. Here are a couple I found for your consideration.

    Joshua Guimond
    MISSING SINCE 11/9/02

    St. John's University campus in Collegeville, Minnesota


    Where is Josh Guimond?


    Josh was playing cards at Metten Court
    and left to return to his dorm, Maur House.

    Bloodhounds
    #1.
    A bloodhound found both Josh Guimond and Christopher Jenkins' scent at the
    university . On December 31, 2002, authorities were refused entrance to the campus monastery, then, on January 14, 2003 they were granted permission into the abby. Reportedly the dog picked up "definite scent activity with both boys but it was stronger with Josh."


    #2.

    Matt Kruziki's mother, Debbie, brother, Chris, and many, many others held out hope and searched, but feared the worst. Matt was the second Arrowhead graduate to go missing near the Mississippi River. For a time, Matt and drowning victim, Jared Dion, were Arrowhead varsity wrestling teammates.

    Looks like Matt and Jared went to the same high school, both on the varsity wrestling team before entering college.


    #3.

    Both Chris Jenkins' and Tommy Booth's bodies were found in a position where the arms were crossed over the chest.

    #4.

    The graffitti that is found is specific to a geographic region where it is located. There are 13 separate symbols, not all 13 are found in any one area. But the same symbols are repeated within a geographical area. (EX PA, OHIO, NY have the same symbols)

  8. #8
    Truthful Lies's Avatar
    Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,527
    When I read some of the similarities above....one big thing stuck out: killings only between September and April? That's the beginning and end of Fall/Spring semesters... maybe we should be looking at a college student that has transferred many times or...I dunno. Sticks out that the killer takes the summer off...prob at home with his parents.

    Added: The reason that sticks out to me...is...in the summer in "college towns" (like Gainesville), prey would be a lot easier! They admit a lot of freshman in the summers...they are much less aware...so it makes sense to think the killer is actually unable to do this due to restrictions in his life.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    When I read some of the similarities above....one big thing stuck out: killings only between September and April? That's the beginning and end of Fall/Spring semesters... maybe we should be looking at a college student that has transferred many times or...I dunno. Sticks out that the killer takes the summer off...prob at home with his parents.

    Added: The reason that sticks out to me...is...in the summer in "college towns" (like Gainesville), prey would be a lot easier! They admit a lot of freshman in the summers...they are much less aware...so it makes sense to think the killer is actually unable to do this due to restrictions in his life.
    Or maybe a "professional student?"
    Another related thought to the "easy prey" in summer...it may naive of me to say this, but doesn't it take a few months or so for a 17 or 18 y/o to make the connections to get a fake ID to go into a bar?

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Peculiar Petunia View Post
    Or maybe a "professional student?"
    Another related thought to the "easy prey" in summer...it may naive of me to say this, but doesn't it take a few months or so for a 17 or 18 y/o to make the connections to get a fake ID to go into a bar?
    Depending on where you live ..it can take only a few days or less to get a fake ID. Even when I was in college, the late 60's early 70's, in a matter of just a few hours, with the right connections..fake ID's were plentiful.


  11. #11
    Truthful Lies's Avatar
    Truthful Lies is offline "Life shrinks and expands in proportion to one's courage" ~ Ana´s Nin
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,527
    You don't even need them here. I know they try to be strict....but there's just too many students and bars here....no one I know even had to use a fake ID...myself included when I was that age..I still go out here...still see it happening every time.

    The MOST dangerous events are when a frat/sorority rent out a club and the alcohol flows freely...even if they say they're carding. UF became a dry campus a couple of years ago, so they must do these activities downtown and mingle with locals/other students. Perhaps other colleges have similar policies.

    I don't think the environment here is unique...I think colleges in bigger towns prob. don't have the same rate of underage drinking that smaller ones do.

    Just some thoughts...I like the one about the professional student, too.

  12. #12
    3 were DJ's on radio stations..that would make them somewhat high profile

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Truthful Lies View Post
    You don't even need them here. I know they try to be strict....but there's just too many students and bars here....no one I know even had to use a fake ID...myself included when I was that age..I still go out here...still see it happening every time.

    The MOST dangerous events are when a frat/sorority rent out a club and the alcohol flows freely...even if they say they're carding. UF became a dry campus a couple of years ago, so they must do these activities downtown and mingle with locals/other students. Perhaps other colleges have similar policies.

    I don't think the environment here is unique...I think colleges in bigger towns prob. don't have the same rate of underage drinking that smaller ones do.

    Just some thoughts...I like the one about the professional student, too.
    I think the first time I was carded was sometime in my 30s. So I guess I'm hopelessly naive.

    In the professional student/graffiti vein, I attended two large midwestern universities, several years apart. The first thing I noticed at the second school was the same doodle (of a phallus that looked like a cowboy hat) in the elevators in a specialized building that I'd seen in a similar elevator, in a similar building, at the first school. About a week later, I ran into another student who'd gone to school with me at the first school!

    Good thing he weighed about 85# soaking wet, or I'd be going , with regards to these cases! (I still am with regards to the elevators.)

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by DeltaDawn View Post
    3 were DJ's on radio stations..that would make them somewhat high profile
    I find that very interesting. I know about Nick Garza. Who else?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    I find that very interesting. I know about Nick Garza. Who else?

    Nick Garza, Josh Szostak and I can't find the third name....many posts on other blogs list 3..but only those two names. And some people feel more of them might have at one time been DJ's at college radio stations.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. I-35 Mysteries - Victims And Similarities
    By JeannieC in forum Texas Killing Fields and Mysteries Along I-45
    Replies: 45
    Last Post: 07-22-2014, 06:54 AM
  2. The Aisenbergs & Similarities
    By colomom in forum Madeleine McCann
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 06-30-2012, 07:11 AM
  3. The similarities in this case are eerie
    By intrigued79 in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 03:04 PM
  4. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 11-07-2008, 12:55 PM
  5. Similarities to a case in Israel...
    By Arwen in forum Caylee Anthony 2 years old
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 09-11-2008, 12:48 PM