700 users online (96 members and 604 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Angry conditions in a barracks at Fort Bragg

http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/04/28/bar...rss_topstories

This makes me sooooo angry!

You can watch the video as well as see the pics

Linda, I cannot watch video due to my turtle speed dial-up. Can you offer a brief description of what is on the video? I'm interested because my dad was in the army, and I was born at Womack Army Hospital in Fort Bragg.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by Lion Run View Post
    Linda, I cannot watch video due to my turtle speed dial-up. Can you offer a brief description of what is on the video? I'm interested because my dad was in the army, and I was born at Womack Army Hospital in Fort Bragg.

Lion
    Toilets overflowing leaving 3 inches of sewer water on the floor, missing toilets with open pipes that leak methane gas stuffed with rags, broken toilet seats, MOLD, falling apart everything, lead based peeling paint. I don't think a cockroach would want to live there!

Thank you, Linda. That sounds awful! I don't understand how the conditions would get so bad. I wonder why those things would not have been fixed. Surely our military has the resources to maintain and fix such things. I never would have imagined reading this today.

That's just nasty! Those conditions wouldn't pass an inspection for Section 8 housing or a city building inspection. Someone should call HUD!
    or the city housing inspector!
    ~JMO~

A grandfather is someone with silver in his hair and gold in his heart. ~Author Unknown

Long Lost Love - Discovery ID - Disappeared - Bob Harrod Case

You can now purchase Mr. Harrod's Disappeared episode through Amazon, iTunes or YouTube.

Down right pitiful. The military has the resources to put these guys in hotel rooms and it seems they chose not to do that. There is absolutely no excuse for this.

That's terrible!