888 users online (160 members and 728 guests)  

Websleuths News

MI - Wesley Ashton Ayers, 15, Wayland, 26 April 2008 - W/Child Molester

Amber Alert issued; suspect's car found in Indiana

Wayland, Mich. (WOOD-TV) -- A vehicle believed to be carrying an abducted teenager and the suspect has been found in Albion, Indiana. But there is no sign of the those involved

An Amber Alert was issued Monday afternoon for 15-year-old Wesley Ashton Ayers. Police say he was babysitting Saturday at his Wayland residence when his mom came home around 2:30 a.m. and noticed he was gone.

Police believe 24-year-old Dana Lee Rider abducted him.

Police think Ayers is in extreme danger because Rider has been convicted of molesting a boy under the age of 13. He recently was released from prison and had been in Wayland for a week and a half.

The 1997 black Kia Sportage that police say was stolen near the time Ayers disappeared and believed to be driven by Rider was found Monday evening in Indiana. The FBI is now processing the vehicle

More at link: http://www.wane.com/global/story.asp?s=8240650

They are now believed to be driving another stolen vehicle, a gray 2003 Pontiac Montana van license plate number D-Q 1982.

"I sit here because I don't want to leave, because I don't know if he's going to come home. I want to be here when he comes home."

Ayers was baby sitting his three younger siblings at home in Wayland.
    "He said mom the kids are sleeping I'm going to bed."
    Shannon Ayers returned at 2:30 in the morning

"I came home and the kids were sleeping here but Wesley was gone, said the mother. Wayland Police believe he is with 24 year-old convicted sex offender Dana Lee Rider and 19 year old Kasey Giffin.

"He's only been in the area here for about a week," said Police Chief Daniel Miller.

Miller says Dana Rider registered himself as a sex offender April 14th and has been renting a single room at the Wayland Hotel.

"Dana hangs out in the apartment complex. He just hangs out in the apartment complex," said April Young. Young is the mother of 19 year old Kasey Giffin, the other suspect. She too is worried and says her son met Dana Rider two days ago.

"I don't know if he has a gone on him. I just heard that he just got out of prison so that kind of scares me," said Young.

Young admits her son Kasey has a troubled past. Police say he may have helped Rider steel a black Kia Sportage parked in a lot next door to the police department before heading to Wesley Ayer's house.

"Our subject took off with the clothes he had on. No money so we don't know what he was promised or why he went with the suspects," said Chief Miller.

However, Shannon Ayers says her son did not go willingly.

"I don't believe he would have been tricked with anything because he wouldn't leave the kids alone. He was taken."

More at link: http://www.wzzm13.com./news/news_art...?storyid=91364

New Jersey
    Another sick monster gets out of jail and strikes again....

The cycle keeps continuing when will they just stop letting them out and keep them locked up for ever! Or just kill the POS!

I hope this boy is OK but dosen't sound good.

Davenport, Florida
    This AMBER Alert has been lifted; Wesley has been located in Tennessee and is safe

Last edited by Damon; 04-29-2008 at 10:45 AM. Reason: Added Link

Thank goodness! Sounds like he knew Rider. At least, it's a happy ending.

Oh Thank God! I was worried about this boy.

Prayers to him and his family!

HUGE sigh of relief. Thank God.