Dog survives 8 days trapped in rubble after Colo. explosion

LinasK

Verified insider- Mark Dribin case
Reaction score
1 hour ago
BRECKENRIDGE, Colo. (AP) — A dog was found alive and in relatively good shape after spending eight days trapped in the rubble of a building that exploded, critically injuring the pup's owner.Lulu, a Springer spaniel, was rescued Sunday after the owner of the business that had been housed in the two-story building heard her whimpering.
"We turned off the radio and started calling out Lulu's name. Then we heard some yelping," Brian Hold, owner of Good Times Adventures, told the Summit Daily News in Tuesday's editions.
Lulu's owner, Brian Mislanski, had been critically injured in the April 19 explosion and remained at St. Anthony Central Hospital in Denver on Tuesday.
"I'm happy," Mislanski told The Associated Press on Tuesday. He declined to comment further, but friends who are caring for Lulu said they took her to visit him — with permission from the hospital.
Veterinarian Christine Murphy said Lulu suffered mild dehydration and had some trauma to her left eye. She probably survived by drinking melting snow and eating food she found in the debris, Murphy said. more at link:
http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5hh6upIQxfxnAxrgXXkQ0PtxIVegAD90BMFPG1

poor baby, Im so glad they found her. I hope she gets some extra special pampering.

Oh this is good news! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'm so happy for the "puppy" and so thankful for the rescuers...Nore

Great story!!! I also had a Siberian Husky years ago and he just came up missing one day. I put up flyers, put ad in newspaper, on radio, offered reward etc.

When I had almost given up hope, I got a call from an elderly man, many miles away. I was so happy I think I cryed all the way to pick him up.

I always thought and still do, that my mean~nasty neighbor (who did not like dogs) took him up in the mountains and let him go hoping he wouldn't come back. In all the years I had Dakota he had never, ever left our property.

What a great dog he was!! Now I have a 9 yr. old black lab and of course he is the BEST dog ever.:blowkiss:

That is so sweet, MIMI2. I'm so happy you got him back. :D

Whoops sorry...posted it on the wrong thread.:rolleyes:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Biff