GA - Quintaveous Wright, 14 mos, found dead, Atlanta, 28 April 2008

White Rain

Reaction score
ATLANTA -- Two sisters have been charged with killing one of their babies. Fourteen-month-old Quintaveous Wright died after he was found not breathing. Atlanta police believe his 16-year-old mother and his aunt, Tameka Hardeman, are responsible.

Police have not yet released why the two women were charged or how the baby died. But Channel 2 obtained a copy of the police report and it revealed the baby had a wound on his leg and that investigators believe foul play was involved.

A relative of the family is sticking up for the baby’s mom and aunt. “They’re good parents. They’re really good parents,” said the relative who did not want to be identified. "I really don't think they should be charged with murder because I don't think they would harm the kids. I've never seen them hit them, do no harm to them, in no type of form or fashion."

Wright was found not breathing at his northwest Atlanta home Monday morning and was rushed to Hughes-Spalding Hospital where he was pronounced dead. Since then, Atlanta police have charged his 16-year-old mother and 30-year-old aunt, Hardeman, with his death.

"When I got ready to get my kids ready, he was up that morning. He was happy and jolly. And all of the sudden, I was getting ready to come outside, she came outside screaming and hollering saying, ‘They killed my baby,’" the relative told Channel 2’s Rachel Kim.

The relative said the baby’s paternal grandmother had him the night before and has been wanting custody because she believes his mother is too young. Authorities have not yet released any details as to why the mother and her sister were charged with involuntary manslaughter and reckless conduct.
more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16064878/detail.html

Since then, Atlanta police have charged his 16-year-old mother and 30-year-old aunt, Hardeman, with his death.

That should never happen. What is with family members murdering infant family members? :mad:

April 2008:

- A 16-year-old girl and her 30-year-old sister were charged with voluntary manslaughter and reckless conduct in the death of the teen's 14-month-old baby boy, Atlanta police said....

According to a police report, Hardeman said the boy had a wound on his leg, so his mother used two patches of a drug called Fentanyl to hold a piece of gauze in place. Fentanyl is a powerful pain killer, even more powerful than morphine...

"[Charges] very well could be upgraded, depending on how the investigation goes from here, and that is obviously pending the autopsy report," said Atlanta Police Officer Eric Schwartz.

The Fulton County Medical Examiner's office wants to know how much Fentanyl was in the boy's system, since the drug is not typically given to children.

http://archive.11alive.com/news/article/115120/0/Teen-Mom-Aunt-Charged-in-Death

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryEllen77
Back