GUILTY MD - Javon Thompson, 16 mos, starved to death, Baltimore, Jan 2007

Filly

KICKING AND SHINING
Reaction score
Police from Baltimore searched a rowhouse in Philadelphia yesterday after receiving a tip about a missing 18 month old. Remains were found in a suitcase of what appears to be a 1 or 2 year old child. This article doesn't say, but our news reported the home belongs to an elderly man who allowed a Baltimore family to stay with him last year. The suitcase was found in a shed in the back of the home.http://www.examiner.com/a-1367207~Baby_s_remains_found_in_suitcase_in_Philadelphia.html

Police from Baltimore searched a rowhouse in Philadelphia yesterday after receiving a tip about a missing 18 month old. Remains were found in a suitcase of what appears to be a 1 or 2 year old child. This article doesn't say, but our news reported the home belongs to an elderly man who allowed a Baltimore family to stay with him last year. The suitcase was found in a shed in the back of the home.http://www.examiner.com/a-1367207~Baby_s_remains_found_in_suitcase_in_Philadelphia.html

poor baby I hope they find out who it is and soon

:sick: I just don't even know what to say about these cases anymore.
The story on CNN said they know who the child is supposed to be, they just don't know if the child in the suitcase is that same child. I hope they find justice for the kid.

Another horrible crime on a child. It's so depressing! What the hell is going on in the world? Why are we hearing stuff like this everyday?????????

I wonder who the former tenants were and if they knew the body was stored in the shed.

I just don't understand. If you don't want your child...you can always give them away to someone who does. There are millions of people who want kids. Why kill them!?!? Too sad beyond words. :(

Real quick I combed through our Daily News but didn't see anything about this case. However last night on our news the grandmom of this baby stated her daughter had joined a cult and brought her baby with her. The grandmom and every other person outside the cult was kept from the mother and child. She mentioned something about them blowing smoke in the baby's mouth? No matter the little boy is dead and LE can't find the people who moved from Baltimore into the home with the elderly man in Philly.

Every single day there is another story of a child being murdered. I don't understand. :(

Can't this thread be moved back? He's identified and with the allegations of a cult by the grandmother...I think it should go back to crimes.

Thanks Filly.

Oh anytime, Deb, You're very welcome. From watching tonight's news it's the baby's grandmother that said it's a cult. Supposedly her daughter joined this cult, and they wouldn't let grandmom see the daughter or the baby. A cult in Baltimore? I guess anything is possible. Like Linda said they know who the baby is. How sad for the lil guy, and the grandmom, and actually his mother as well. The man whose home they stayed in is elderly BTW.

BALTIMORE — A toddler whose remains were found inside a suitcase in Philadelphia this spring was starved to death by members of a religious cult, including his mother, in part because he refused to say "amen" after meals, police said.

Ria Ramkissoon, the mother of Javon Thompson, was charged Sunday with first-degree murder in the boy's death, and Baltimore police said Monday that three other members of a group called 1 Mind Ministries have also been charged with first-degree murder. Police and Ramkissoon's family say the group is a cult.Ramkissoon's family said she should not be held responsible for her son's death. "She had no control over that situation at all," her stepfather, Craig Newton, said Monday.[\B]

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,402004,00.html

So in mind, Ramkissoon's (parents) didn't beleive in the cult, and feel she was forced to do this with her child.

"Forced" to starve her child to death??? :furious: OK....here is the problem I have with that lame-azz scenario. IT TAKES A LONG TIME!!!! Time would give someone the opportunity to sneak away with your child, to sneak food to your child, to sneak a frying pan upside the head of the cult leader. There is NO excuse for this - none, nada, zilch. Stupidity and pathetic pleas for "he/she made me do it" are like the noise of mosquitos buzzing around my head - irritating, but in no way the center of reality. For any mother worth a grain of sand on the shore of an ocean, there is no way in He!! that you would let some azz-hole "wanna-be" cult leader mandate that you harm your child. This child had to cry and plead for food. :furious::furious::furious: I have lost my patience for a LOT of these people. :behindbar

I remember the story being posted when they found the suitcase but hadn't heard that they found out what happened to this poor baby. It is worse than one could imagine. Some 19 month olds don't talk hardly at all. I can't believe there are people like this in our world!!:mad:

"Forced" to starve her child to death??? :furious: OK....here is the problem I have with that lame-azz scenario. IT TAKES A LONG TIME!!!! Time would give someone the opportunity to sneak away with your child, to sneak food to your child, to sneak a frying pan upside the head of the cult leader. There is NO excuse for this - none, nada, zilch. Stupidity and pathetic pleas for "he/she made me do it" are like the noise of mosquitos buzzing around my head - irritating, but in no way the center of reality. For any mother worth a grain of sand on the shore of an ocean, there is no way in He!! that you would let some azz-hole "wanna-be" cult leader mandate that you harm your child. This child had to cry and plead for food. :furious::furious::furious: I have lost my patience for a LOT of these people. :behindbar

Reannan, you're absolutely correct. This story is local to me. I'd seen alot of news casts on this, and the mother's family is just totally trying to take the responsibilty off of her.

Plus the place they left this poor baby's body was out back of an elderly man's home. The poor man had no idea. I mean have some dang respect for an older person who tried and help ya and don't leave your child's body behind his house.

Mom's plea deal includes 'resurrection clause'

Story Highlights
* Javon Thompson is believed to have died in December 2006
* One Mind Ministries members prayed for his resurrection
* When he didn't rise, his body was put in a suitcase with mothballs
* Under terms of plea deal, charges will be dropped if he rises from dead

By Ashley Broughton
CNN

(CNN) -- A Maryland woman involved with a group described as a religious cult pleaded guilty in the starvation death of her son, but insisted that the charges be dropped when he is resurrected. Under terms of her plea agreement, Ria Ramkissoon's charges will be dropped if her son rises from the dead.

The condition was made a part of Ria Ramkissoon's plea agreement, officials said. She entered the plea Monday in Baltimore, Maryland, to a first-degree felony count of child abuse resulting in death, her attorney, Steven Silverman, said Tuesday.

Ramkissoon, a member of a group called One Mind Ministries, believes Javon Thompson, her year-old son, will rise again, and as part of her plea agreement, authorities agreed to the clause.

"She certainly recognizes that her omissions caused the death of her son," Silverman said. "To this day, she believes it was God's will and he will be resurrected and this will all take care of itself. She realizes if she's wrong, then everyone has to take responsibility ... and if she's wrong, then she's a failure as a mother and the worst thing imaginable has happened. I don't think that, mentally, she's ready to accept that."

Under the plea agreement, Ramkissoon, 22, must testify against four other One Mind Ministries members who are also facing charges, including first-degree murder, in Javon's death. At her sentencing, set for August, she will receive a 20-year sentence, which will be suspended except for the time she has already served behind bars, Silverman said. She must also undergo deprogramming and psychiatric counseling.

In court Monday, it was clarified that the "resurrection clause" would apply only in the case of Javon's actual resurrection -- not a perceived reincarnation, Silverman said.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/03/31/cult.child.death/index.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back