Official: DNA tests confirm IDs of Russian czar's children

Dark Knight

Reaction score
MOSCOW - DNA tests carried out by a U.S. laboratory prove that remains exhumed last year belong to two children of Czar Nicholas II, putting to rest questions about what happened to Russia's last royal family, a regional governor said Wednesday.

The bone fragments dug up are those of Crown Prince Alexei and his sister, Maria, whose remains had been missing since the family was murdered in 1918 as Russia descended into civil war, said Eduard Rossel, governor of the Sverdlovsk region.

"We have now found the entire family," he told reporters in Yekaterinburg, the city where the remains were exhumed about 900 miles east of Moscow.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/russia_czar_s_family;_ylt=AvwP4CUi_tHmxSYv4h6EkxGs0NUE

All of those "Anna Anderson" stories I grew up reading were all frauds.
*sighs*
I was kinda hoping one of the girls survived. How sad but how wonderful this mystery has been solved.

This case has always bothered me as well.
But at least now the mystery is over.

czar.jpg

When I was in college, I studied History and had quite an interest in Russian history. This story is sad and fascinating at the same time. There were a few opportunities to save this family...mainly by the King of England, who was Nicholas' cousin. They were practically twins.

tsarking1.jpg

I have tons of books regarding this subject, and I am just grateful that this family can now rest. The justice for them came with the failure of the political system that had them murdered.

I have always been interested in this family. I have a lot of books on them and like to look at all the pictures they took of each other. They were a beautiful family and it is so sad how they died.

I always felt they all died that night, and it is good they found the missing remains so they can be buried together. I never believed Anna Anderson was Anastasia. She didn't even look like her! In her younger pictures she had full lips, but after she claimed to be Anastasia, she would hold her lips in, to look more like Anastasia, who had thinner lips.

Rest in peace, Romanovs.

What? I believed that Ingrid Bergman was Anastasia. I recall seeing the Disney version when my daughter was about eight or nine and her whispering over to me how Disney butchered the story. Admittedly beside the original film version I had no idea who the Romanov's were. Well, I guess that settled it the DNA.

When I was in college, I studied History and had quite an interest in Russian history. This story is sad and fascinating at the same time. There were a few opportunities to save this family...mainly by the King of England, who was Nicholas' cousin. They were practically twins.

tsarking1.jpg

Yeah, it's sad how their European relatives turned their backs on them.

Yeah, it's sad how their European relatives turned their backs on them.

It is very sad. Every, single one of them....from Greece to Germany to England turned their back on them. They seemed like a lovely family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cariboucampfire73
Back