Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: WA - Jeremy Scully, 38, Bellingham, 24 April 2008

WA - Jeremy Scully, 38, Bellingham, 24 April 2008

Family in mourning after body identified as Ferndale teacher

11:41 AM PDT on Wednesday, April 30, 2008

By KING Staff and DEBORAH FELDMAN / KING 5 News

BELLINGHAM, Wash. - Family and friends are in mourning after Skagit County Sheriff's detectives confirmed the body discovered Sunday on Blanchard Mountain is that of Jeremy Sean Scully, a Ferndale High School track coach.

An FBI special processing center postively matched a fingerprint from the body to Scully's fingerprints on file.

Scully's family issued a statement thanking his friends, students, colleagues and the athletes that he coached for their kind thoughts, saying "Their fond recollections of Jeremy are a great comfort ... in this difficult time."

The statement also said they are "grateful for the hard work of members of law enforcement as they strive tirelessly to bring those who harmed Jeremy to justice. "

Scully, a 38-year-old substitute teacher and coach was reported missing by school officials Friday, a day after he was last seen by a friend at his apartment. His car was found Saturday with the door ajar and keys in the ignition off Interstate 5 near Lake Samish.

More at link: http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....b4f6f57a.html

Could Jeremy's case be related to the Nicholas Francisco case?? http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=64033
    Princess Blue
    Located September 10, 1990 in Manvel, Texas

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below
    Princess Blue Forum to find out.

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham
    Missing from Dallas, Texas since April 8, 1989

Where is Kimberly Shawn Cheatham?

Thank you for posting this Otter.

Quote Originally Posted by Otter View Post
    Princess Blue

Could Princess Blue be identified soon Princess Blue? Follow us at the link below

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

I would be interested to know specifically how he met and/or what activities Jeremy would do with the friends that he was scheduled to meet on Thursday, the day of his disappearance. The friends he was reportedly going to visit in Burlington that Thursday are now persons of interest in Jeremy's murder.

In the report it is stated that the detectives will be further investigating Jeremy's reported involvement in internet activities that include possibly belonging to adultfriendfinders.com.

http://www.kirotv.com/news/16088848/detail.html

This is a Live Journal page made about Jeremy

Joshua Rhys Taliesin O'Madadhain (jrtom) wrote,
    @ 2008-04-29 13:11:00

Current mood: sorrowfulEntry tags:death, jeremy, scullyfarewell, Jeremy Scully
    Jeremy Scully, a friend of mine from the U of Oregon, died of a gunshot wound to the head last Thursday morning*. Circumstances suggest that he was killed, possibly after stopping to help someone as he was driving to a friend's house.

I say that Jeremy was my friend, not because I knew him particularly well,but because it's the kind of person he was: a friend to those whom he knew. He was a good, kind, caring person, and it is a tragedy for everyone that knew him (including my friends gwyd and karjack, among others) that he's gone.

The irony that his good nature may have provided the circumstances in which someone killed him--in broad daylight, no less--has not escaped me.

I don't want to say "R.I.P." (requiescat in pace, "rest in peace"), because from what I know of him, Jeremy was nowhere near being done with his life and had no intention of (or interest in) resting anywhere.

Jeremy, if you're still anywhere other than in our memories of you, I expect that you're rounding up a good bunch of kids that want to improve their pole-vaulting, and I'm sure you've already finally been given that permanent teaching position.

More: http://jrtom.livejournal.com/241564.html
    Princess Blue

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Weird things happen in western Washington, maybe its the water. On another board they are trying to tie in another many missing on Mt. Baker.

Just to clear things up ... its a weekly occurence that hikers/climbers go missing in the Cascade range. Which is exactly what this man was doing, he wanted to summit. He's very experienced, but sadly, things happen. But because he's experienced, he knows how to survive in weather.

S&R is not done by LE in these situations. Its the Forest Service and volunteers. And they're very good.

WA Sheriff's Office: Scully was killed by someone he knew

Skagit County Sheriff's Office chief criminal deputy Will Reichardt says evidence indicates 38-year-old Ferndale substitute teacher and assistant track coach Jeremy Scully was killed by someone he knew.

Reichardt says there are several "persons of interest" in the case.

The sheriff's office announced on Wednesday that an FBI fingerprint match had identified the body found near Alger as that of Scully, who was from Bellingham.

Scully's body was found Sunday on Blanchard Mountain, about 50 feet down an embankment on the road on the way to Samish Overlook. He died of a gunshot wound to the head.

More: http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm...writethru.html
    Princess Blue

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Police question, search home of dead coach's mistress, her husband

SKAGIT COUNTY, Wash. -- Detectives said they have interviewed several persons of interest in the murder of Ferndale High School track coach Jeremy Scully, and they do not believe Scully's death was the result of a random crime.

Scully, 38, disappeared while driving from his Bellingham apartment to a friend's house in Alger. Investigators confirmed on Wednesday that the body found near his abandoned car was that of Scully.

Following his disappearance, a married woman who said she was having an affair with Scully contacted police and directed them to his apartment. The woman said she did not hear from Scully during the day on Friday, which was very unusual.

When she called home to let her husband know that she was headed home from work, he asked her to pick him up at the Squires Lake Trailhead off of Old Highway 99 near the Whatcom County line.

According to police documents, the woman later learned her husband had invited Scully to their home to work on the roof on the day he disappeared. The man told police he had communicated with Scully via messages on the Internet.

More: http://www.komotv.com/news/local/18433564.html
    Princess Blue

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Very interesting, RKnowley. So, is it possible that the woman's husband learned of his wife's alleged affair with Jeremy, I wonder? Or, did he know and had they all possibly met through the aff? I am still interested in seeing where this goes. Prayers for Jeremy's family.

Thank you for starting this thread. I was going to start it after work in the hopes that the body would be id'd by then, but you beat me to it! Thank you.

When McBride called home to let her husband know that she was headed home from work, he asked her to pick him up at the Squires Lake Trailhead off of Old Highway 99 near the Whatcom County line.

Bellingham police contacted the couple on Sunday and during questioning, Keith alluded to the fact that Scully was dead, the documents said.

Police on Wednesday searched the McBrides' home and found several guns Keith said he owned, boxes of ammo and a small bag of marijuana. Police seized the items as well and the computers found inside the home.

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/18433564.html

It looks to me like they have their suspect, motive, and possibly evidence. I have no doubt he found out about the affair and possibly used her im nickname to set him up. I expect to see a confession out of this one soon.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

Whoa.. He couldn't of just divorced the wife and let those two have each other?

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Mygirlsadie For This Useful Post:

I think she is pretty lucky not to have been next! It may very well be why she called LE herself.

Following his disappearance, a married woman who said she was having an affair with Scully contacted police and directed them to his apartment. Vanessa McBride said she did not hear from Scully during the day on Friday, which was very unusual.

http://www.komotv.com/news/local/18433564.html
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

It sounds like the "persons of interest" were also into swinging and the like:

The husband at the home that was searched had a profile on MySpace which suggested he and his wife are swingers, saying they like parties where clothing is optional and close contact is the preferred form of communication.
    Source: http://www.king5.com/topstories/stor....badbbdaa.html
    Princess Blue

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Although, it may be found that there were personal motives for the murder of Jeremy on the husband's part I don't think it rules out that Nicholas' disappearance and Jeremy's murder are not related. It may be a long shot, but I think it is still possible that they are connected.

Has anyone located a MySpace for Kenneth McBride?

This is his page but it looks like someone has decided to delete most of it.

ETA: His picture was on his myspace earlier and had a list of friends. Now, those have been deleted.

http://www.myspace.com/ken_007

Quote Originally Posted by imnotheonlyone View Post
    Has anyone located a MySpace for Kenneth McBride?
    Princess Blue

Kimberly Shawn Cheatham

Thank you RKnowley and dimples.

Lion

On the cached version of McBride's myspace he stated that "we go" to the FC-NW club. I found a club for swingers called FC-NW based in Washington and in particular in Seattle. I hesitate to offer the link because I don't know if I can post a link to an x-rated website. I don't want to go against TOS.

From the cached version it seems that both Ken and his significant other may have been into swinging. If he or both he wife and he were involved in Jeremy's murder (not yet a fact--just speculation based on alleged evidence and that LE considers him/them POI(S) then it still could be that Ken wasn't fond of something that may have been between Jeremy and Ken's wife.

But, I also wonder about other possible motives, for example robbery or blackmail.

Lion

Since they both seem to be into swinging, I am speculating, that they probably got together with Jeremy as a couple. The only thing I can come up with as far as a reason for her hubby to get that upset is.....

Maybe they were talking or seeing each other without her hubby's knowledge sometimes. Maybe he found chat messages from them, and they could have contained some not so hubby involved things.

From reading his myspace and looking at the comments posted on one of the girls pages that posts alot on his comments.....it looks like he and his wife both say, they are looking forward to seeing her and her hubby. So they seem to have met couples before.

TOTAL speculation in this paragraph.......What if his gf of 3 yrs was involved at one point but decided not to do it anymore, or he started meeting the wife without her hubby and his girlfriend knowing.

I have no idea how to find anyone on myspace. Can someone do a search for Vanessa McBrides myspace? If it has been taken down can you look for a cached version? Thank you very much in advance.

Lion

Quote Originally Posted by dimples37398 View Post
    Since they both seem to be into swinging, I am speculating, that they probably got together with Jeremy as a couple. The only thing I can come up with as far as a reason for her hubby to get that upset is.....

Maybe they were talking or seeing each other without her hubby's knowledge sometimes. Maybe he found chat messages from them, and they could have contained some not so hubby involved things.

From reading his myspace and looking at the comments posted on one of the girls pages that posts alot on his comments.....it looks like he and his wife both say, they are looking forward to seeing her and her hubby. So they seem to have met couples before.
    TOTAL speculation in this paragraph.......What if his gf of 3 yrs was involved at one point but decided not to do it anymore, or he started meeting the wife without her hubby and his girlfriend knowing.
    Well...that could be a reason that a wife would suddenly stop a search for a missing man, huh?!
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I think jealous husband killed the man and wife was lucky not to be dead, but knew or suspected early on that he killed her lover. (How they became lovers is not part of the equation.)
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

I did find Vanessa's MySpace last night but it is private - I cannot post a link here as I'm at work & can't access MySpace.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast