1134 users online (221 members and 913 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 30
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    heaven bound
    Posts
    4,829

    Never Pay Another Traffic Ticket

    So what do you guys think? Is it worth it or not?

    Don’t like paying speeding tickets? Now you won't have too, if you buy into a new service called Traffic Care.
    Founded by retired police officer Troy Simpson, Traffic Care works as a ticket insurance that picks up the tab for ticket fines and for subsequent increases in insurance premiums, MyFOXKC.com reported.
    “A ticket is written every 2 seconds in America,“ Simpson told the TV station, “I knew that the traffic ticket industry — and it is an industry — is a billion-dollar-a-year industry nationally.”
    Simpson now taps into that industry, by offering to cover ticket costs for a monthly fee of $12.95. Traffic Care members are allowed up to seven moving violations per month, including “speeding, red light, seatbelt, stop sign, yield sign, illegal lane change, anything considered hazardous,” Simpson said. Parking tickets aren't included.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353540,00.html

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    16,234
    I'll ask Wesley Snipes what he thinks next time I see him.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    7,188
    You know what also works? Don't speed and only park legally.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,668
    I don't think this is good. The tickets this covers are for things that can be very dangerous and people should have to consider the large fine they can get if they break these laws. Where I am a red- light running ticket is almost $300. Many lives are lost to people who run red lights and theses other violations.

    If people now have something to cover the high price for them I feel they will not be as careful and some just flaunt it. Bad idea.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Atlanta GA
    Posts
    7,376
    If you are getting 7 moving violations a month you have bigger issues than the fines!

    Talk about enabling. Anyone who would think the $12.50 is worth it needs to reassess whether or not they should be driving, IMHO.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Interesting. But here you have to pay for traffic school separate and you are only alllowed to go once every 18 months. So while they are helping you defray the cost of the ticket itself it will do nothing to keep your record clear and take the insurance hit. It's actually kind of clever. Because you pay for the coverage but still have to pay in other ways beside the fine itself. Enterprising.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    9,705
    I think he is charging WAAY to little but I also agree with many here..

    Truth be told if your getting 7 tickets a month your not going to have a DL for very long..
    Paying the tickets will not eliminate the points off your record and with that many tickets I think your insurance would get dropped.
    It says it covers the premium increase ... but I doubt that applies if your dropped and have to get new insurance.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    SF Bay Area, CA
    Posts
    24,159

    Thumbs down

    I also think this is a bad idea. It's sending the message- go ahead and break the law, your tickets are already paid. How is this penalizing somebody???
    This is the year to locate Mark Dribin http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...ht=Mark+Dribin NamUs MP#876 and Ilene Misheloff http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...lene+Misheloff NamUs MP#6410 and bring them home to their families!

    Parents watch your children. Free-range parenting leads to more child victims.

    Cruelty to humans begins with cruelty to animals.

    I believe in closure, not forgiveness. I'm also unapologetically judgemental.

    JeSuisJuif
    JeSuisCharlie


  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    That's exactly what I was about to say. I got my first speeding ticket a few weeks ago because here in Germany they use cameras posted up on light poles and stuff like that so you never know where they are. I got the ticket in the mail with my picture and everything..weirdest thing! I never got a ticket in the states before but that's because us girls can usually talk our way out of it lol.. I really need to slow down but to be honest I don't even realize how fast I am going since we have the autobahn you get used to being a speed demon.



    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    You know what also works? Don't speed and only park legally.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    That's exactly what I was about to say. I got my first speeding ticket a few weeks ago because here in Germany they use cameras posted up on light poles and stuff like that so you never know where they are. I got the ticket in the mail with my picture and everything..weirdest thing! I never got a ticket in the states before but that's because us girls can usually talk our way out of it lol.. I really need to slow down but to be honest I don't even realize how fast I am going since we have the autobahn you get used to being a speed demon.
    we have those too, but they are highly controversial.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    Really? I would think it's a good thing because no matter what there is no denying it, it's all caught on camera. I got the picture and clear as day there I was behind the wheel looking like granny D. I was like eww is that how I look when I drive? All close to the windshield, hands on each side of the wheel, face all serious hehehe..



    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    we have those too, but they are highly controversial.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Mygirlsadie View Post
    Really? I would think it's a good thing because no matter what there is no denying it, it's all caught on camera. I got the picture and clear as day there I was behind the wheel looking like granny D. I was like eww is that how I look when I drive? All close to the windshield, hands on each side of the wheel, face all serious hehehe..
    Nope they are not well accepted around here. they let everyone that had a photo ticket go awhile ago. they had to shut all ours down but I think they will come back online again.
    Do they black out your passengers? There are big privacy issues because wives were getting tickets in the mail that showed their husbands in the car with other women all date and time stamped and everything.oops.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD 'burbs of Washington DC
    Posts
    5,900
    We were a victim of a redlight camera, once... and yes I say victim, because no law was broken... we were left at the mercy of the court, for something we couldn't defend because the camera trumped us: my SO was in an intersection making a left turn when the light changed... which meant he could legally turn to clear the intersection... but the redlight camera captured him turning and there was no way to account to the court that he was actually make a legal left turn on red. So he paid the fine...

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Dana Point,CA
    Posts
    52,752
    Quote Originally Posted by Elphaba View Post
    We were a victim of a redlight camera, once... and yes I say victim, because no law was broken... we were left at the mercy of the court, for something we couldn't defend because the camera trumped us: my SO was in an intersection making a left turn when the light changed... which meant he could legally turn to clear the intersection... but the redlight camera captured him turning and there was no way to account to the court that he was actually make a legal left turn on red. So he paid the fine...
    There are all kinds of compalints like this on those cameras. Here is a website devoted to it.

    http://www.highwayrobbery.net/

    ETA: But here the camera takes a picture before ,during and after so I don't think you would have gottena ticket.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    4,542
    Oh God lol.. Can you imagine being THAT wife? Yeah here too it's before during and after shots.



    Quote Originally Posted by JBean View Post
    Nope they are not well accepted around here. they let everyone that had a photo ticket go awhile ago. they had to shut all ours down but I think they will come back online again.
    Do they black out your passengers? There are big privacy issues because wives were getting tickets in the mail that showed their husbands in the car with other women all date and time stamped and everything.oops.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. one-way ticket to Mars
    By TrackerSam in forum Up to the Minute
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 04-21-2013, 07:03 PM
  2. Lottery Ticket Winner Donates Ticket to Hospital
    By KaylynnCouture in forum News that makes you smile!
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-26-2010, 12:08 PM
  3. Woman, 97, jailed for failing to pay traffic ticket
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2004, 10:38 AM