Never Pay Another Traffic Ticket

White Rain

Reaction score
So what do you guys think? Is it worth it or not?

Don’t like paying speeding tickets? Now you won't have too, if you buy into a new service called Traffic Care.
Founded by retired police officer Troy Simpson, Traffic Care works as a ticket insurance that picks up the tab for ticket fines and for subsequent increases in insurance premiums, MyFOXKC.com reported.
“A ticket is written every 2 seconds in America,“ Simpson told the TV station, “I knew that the traffic ticket industry — and it is an industry — is a billion-dollar-a-year industry nationally.”
Simpson now taps into that industry, by offering to cover ticket costs for a monthly fee of $12.95. Traffic Care members are allowed up to seven moving violations per month, including “speeding, red light, seatbelt, stop sign, yield sign, illegal lane change, anything considered hazardous,” Simpson said. Parking tickets aren't included.
more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353540,00.html

I'll ask Wesley Snipes what he thinks next time I see him.

I don't think this is good. The tickets this covers are for things that can be very dangerous and people should have to consider the large fine they can get if they break these laws. Where I am a red- light running ticket is almost $300. Many lives are lost to people who run red lights and theses other violations.

If people now have something to cover the high price for them I feel they will not be as careful and some just flaunt it. Bad idea.

If you are getting 7 moving violations a month you have bigger issues than the fines!

Talk about enabling. Anyone who would think the $12.50 is worth it needs to reassess whether or not they should be driving, IMHO.

Interesting. But here you have to pay for traffic school separate and you are only alllowed to go once every 18 months. So while they are helping you defray the cost of the ticket itself it will do nothing to keep your record clear and take the insurance hit. It's actually kind of clever. Because you pay for the coverage but still have to pay in other ways beside the fine itself. Enterprising.

I think he is charging WAAY to little but I also agree with many here..

Truth be told if your getting 7 tickets a month your not going to have a DL for very long..
Paying the tickets will not eliminate the points off your record and with that many tickets I think your insurance would get dropped.
It says it covers the premium increase ... but I doubt that applies if your dropped and have to get new insurance.

I also think this is a bad idea. It's sending the message- go ahead and break the law, your tickets are already paid. How is this penalizing somebody???

That's exactly what I was about to say. I got my first speeding ticket a few weeks ago because here in Germany they use cameras posted up on light poles and stuff like that so you never know where they are. I got the ticket in the mail with my picture and everything..weirdest thing! I never got a ticket in the states before but that's because us girls can usually talk our way out of it lol.. I really need to slow down but to be honest I don't even realize how fast I am going since we have the autobahn you get used to being a speed demon.

You know what also works? Don't speed and only park legally.

That's exactly what I was about to say. I got my first speeding ticket a few weeks ago because here in Germany they use cameras posted up on light poles and stuff like that so you never know where they are. I got the ticket in the mail with my picture and everything..weirdest thing! I never got a ticket in the states before but that's because us girls can usually talk our way out of it lol.. I really need to slow down but to be honest I don't even realize how fast I am going since we have the autobahn you get used to being a speed demon.
we have those too, but they are highly controversial.

Really? I would think it's a good thing because no matter what there is no denying it, it's all caught on camera. I got the picture and clear as day there I was behind the wheel looking like granny D. :crazy: I was like eww is that how I look when I drive? All close to the windshield, hands on each side of the wheel, face all serious hehehe..

we have those too, but they are highly controversial.

Really? I would think it's a good thing because no matter what there is no denying it, it's all caught on camera. I got the picture and clear as day there I was behind the wheel looking like granny D. :crazy: I was like eww is that how I look when I drive? All close to the windshield, hands on each side of the wheel, face all serious hehehe..
Nope they are not well accepted around here. they let everyone that had a photo ticket go awhile ago. they had to shut all ours down but I think they will come back online again.
Do they black out your passengers? There are big privacy issues because wives were getting tickets in the mail that showed their husbands in the car with other women all date and time stamped and everything.oops.

We were a victim of a redlight camera, once... and yes I say victim, because no law was broken... we were left at the mercy of the court, for something we couldn't defend because the camera trumped us: my SO was in an intersection making a left turn when the light changed... which meant he could legally turn to clear the intersection... but the redlight camera captured him turning and there was no way to account to the court that he was actually make a legal left turn on red. So he paid the fine...

We were a victim of a redlight camera, once... and yes I say victim, because no law was broken... we were left at the mercy of the court, for something we couldn't defend because the camera trumped us: my SO was in an intersection making a left turn when the light changed... which meant he could legally turn to clear the intersection... but the redlight camera captured him turning and there was no way to account to the court that he was actually make a legal left turn on red. So he paid the fine...
There are all kinds of compalints like this on those cameras. Here is a website devoted to it.

http://www.highwayrobbery.net/

ETA: But here the camera takes a picture before ,during and after so I don't think you would have gottena ticket.

Oh God lol.. Can you imagine being THAT wife? :waitasec: Yeah here too it's before during and after shots.

Nope they are not well accepted around here. they let everyone that had a photo ticket go awhile ago. they had to shut all ours down but I think they will come back online again.
Do they black out your passengers? There are big privacy issues because wives were getting tickets in the mail that showed their husbands in the car with other women all date and time stamped and everything.oops.

You wouldn't have gotten the ticket in GA. The 3 photos here are:

1. A photo that includes the car going through the red light so that the tag is visible.

2. A photo that makes it reasonably certain the driver can be identified (the owner is mailed the ticket, but if you were not driving you fill out a form telling them who was so they can reissue the ticket).

3. A photo of the car BEHIND the line while the light is still red.

I've gotten one, and I would have sworn that I didn't run it. I needed photo proof to see that I did. I have slowed down a lot since then and realized that being late is not the end of the world, but risking our safety would be. I had my kids in the car when I got the ticket,:eek: and it was a BIG wakeup call.

I don't see what the huge big deal is about them. My mom got one in CA, and she was all upset about it, but she did run the light. So they are revenue boosters - BFD. If it helps pay for more cops, oh well. Great. Unless they are doctoring pictures then I don't care. And there are enough bad drivers that I don't think it will ever come to that.

As for the privacy issue, well, when they can stalk movie stars by using ginormous lenses outside their houses, then a redlight camera ( with a little sign that says "red light camera!) is hardly an invasion of my privacy. And any philandering hubbies that get busted deserve it. It's called karma, .

You know what also works? Don't speed and only park legally.

That was going to be my answer! i'm fed up of the whining and complaining about traffic fines. :boohoo:

I heard a joke (purported to be real) of a guy who got a traffic ticket and a photo of himself in the mail. He sent a photo of the fine money. They sent back a photo of handcuffs.

:)

I wanted to add another thought I had about this..

I don't think the "ticket insurance" is going to promote people driving recklessly.
IMO They are driving like that anyways. Either your a safe observant driver or your not.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jbks
Back