Lawsuit Filed over the Word Lesbian

southcitymom

Reaction score
Website
www.janicefahy.com
http://www.ajc.com/news/content/news/stories/2008/04/30/lesbianlawsuit_0430.html

Greek islanders: We are the true Lesbians
Trio from Lesbos sues gay rights group, says use of L-word is insulting

By NICHOLAS PAPHITIS
Associated Press
Published on: 04/30/08
ATHENS, Greece — A Greek court has been asked to draw the line between gay women and the natives of the Aegean Sea island of Lesbos.
Three islanders from Lesbos — home of the ancient poet Sappho, who praised love between women — have taken a gay rights group to court for using the word lesbian in its name.

One of the plaintiffs said Wednesday that the name of the association, Homosexual and Lesbian Community of Greece, "insults the identity" of the people of Lesbos, who are also known as Lesbians

Would it be inappropriate to >insert giggle< here?

Oh, great, wait 'til the Sodomites hear about this!

This is stupid everything offends everyone these days.

OMG lolol, I know it's not meant to be funny but really it reads like a Monty Python sketch lol.

link
"My sister can't say she is a Lesbian," said Dimitris Lambrou. "Our geographical designation has been usurped by certain ladies who have no connection whatsoever with Lesbos," he said.

I seriously almost peed my pants when I heard on the radio this guy say *my sister cannot say she is a lesbian*...
DIED!
It was so funny.

I guess if you are sensitive about sexual things then yeah, it would bother ya but geez...

Why don't they call themselves "Lesbosians" and relax a little?

Why don't they call themselves "Lesbosians" and relax a little?

Because THAT would make sense. :clap:

I wonder how many women named Monica Lewinsky would love to sue the former White House intern of the same name.:D

With all of the pain and strife going on in this world, 3 islanders are getting their knickers in a knot over a darn word. I have to agree with the poster above me that said it reads like a Python sketch: it does... LoL

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
McKeith
Back