874 users online (122 members and 752 guests)  

Websleuths News

UK - Catherine Genestin, 38, bludgeoned to death, Brighton, May 2007

A young girl today described having a nightmare that led to her mother's body being found hidden in a car roof box in their garden.

The primary school pupil, whose name and age cannot be revealed for legal reasons, dreamt that her missing mother's corpse fell out of a cupboard when she opened the door.
    The girl had been told by her father that her mother, 38-year-old Catherine Genestin, had run away with a lover.

http://www.mailonsunday.co.uk/pages/...n_page_id=1770

I'm sure this girl will continue to have nightmares.

teachers and social workers played a great part in the discovery of the body. the girl kept on asking "loads and loads" of questions as to when her mother would return. her father put out the story her mother had run away with an Italian lover.

Genestin says he did kill his wife but it wasn't murder and he only reacted in a way that any reasonable person would.

the case continues . . .

Oh, that poor, poor little girl. I hope she gets all the love, support and counseling from other family members.

This case reminds me of Drew Peterson and all his kids that are supposedly doing fine with their mom/step-mom "missing", er, I mean "on vacation".

Quote Originally Posted by Taximom View Post
    Oh, that poor, poor little girl. I hope she gets all the love, support and counseling from other family members.

This case reminds me of Drew Peterson and all his kids that are supposedly doing fine with their mom/step-mom "missing", er, I mean "on vacation".
    The sweetheart didn't accept her father's explanation and pretended she was being bullied in order to get her father to the school for a meeting with teachers. who in turn called social workers about her. and they called police who did a search of the house. bless her. i too hope she has all the support in the world. she's lost her mother and if L.E. have a solid case (i believe they must) she's lost her father too.

yes i see the Drew Peterson analogy.

Quote Originally Posted by Floh View Post
    The sweetheart didn't accept her father's explanation and pretended she was being bullied in order to get her father to the school for a meeting with teachers. who in turn called social workers about her. and they called police who did a search of the house. bless her. i too hope she has all the support in the world. she's lost her mother and if L.E. have a solid case (i believe they must) she's lost her father too.

yes i see the Drew Peterson analogy.
    How smart of her to set up story about being bullied. Bless this child, right now she does need the support & love of family members. I think we all agree this does remind us of Drew Peterson.

Quote Originally Posted by tempusfugit View Post
    How smart of her to set up story about being bullied. Bless this child, right now she does need the support & love of family members. I think we all agree this does remind us of Drew Peterson.

I love that an 8 yr old outsmarted her own father. I also have to give her credit for not being afraid and keeping quiet. Her mother would be so proud.

This is so sad, it sounds like her mother was a wonderful woman who really loved her. I hope, also, that there is family that can take her in and provide her with a loving environment and support she will need.

My Mommy never unplugged the phone for special time with me. What a sad thing to lose such a neat person.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

That poor child!! What is wrong with these men??
    "The greatest crimes do not arise from a want of feeling for others but from
    over-sensibility for ourselves and an over-indulgence to our own desires."
    ~~ Edmund Burke

Murdered woman's child ignored for 6 weeks after telling her teacher mom was not home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...isnt-home.html

Murdered woman's daughter was 'ignored' for six weeks after telling her teacher: 'My mum isn't at home''

By Daily Mail Reporter (UK)
    Last updated at 7:13 PM on 19th November 2008

A council has launched a probe into social services after a murdered woman's child was 'ignored' for more than a month after telling her teachers 'My mum isn't at home'.
    The eight-year-old girl's teacher reported the child's fears to social workers 'several times', but her mum's body was not found until six weeks after her murder.
    It can also be revealed that a trainee social worker was the first to act on the girl's fears and that the worker PHONED murderer Andre Genestin, who said 'there was not a problem'.
    Horror: Andre Genestin was found guilty of murdering his wife Catherine
    Brighton and Hove City Council launched the inquiry into why the child was ignored for so long after Genestin was jailed for life for the murder of his wife Catherine earlier this year.
    Genestin, 48, was found guilty of murdering his 38-year-old wife and storing her body in a plastic car roof box in the garden of the family home in Brighton for six weeks after beating her to death with a mallet in May 2007.
    He was jailed for life in June this year.
    Last edited by OkieGranny; 10-08-2015 at 10:31 AM. Reason: snipped - 10% rule