Barbara Walters Reveals Past Affair

Am I reading correctly that he was married at the time?

I too think Barbra Walters should retire. I respected her as a journalist until "The View" came along. Why do they feel the need to tell everything about their lives no matter who it hurts. It my opinion there was no sense in revealing this information. It certainly did not make me think more highly of her.

Oh yawn. if she's got a book coming out it's just drumming up publicity. :rolleyes:

I wish I could go back in time and watch her reactions/responses to various "cheating" VIP's in the news!

Thats sad about her sister, I did not know that.

Bab's had a very eventful life. I thought she was in love with Castro. The older she got the more she'd flirt with the men she'd interview. Her childhood was anything but conventional. I kind of admire her for all her accomplishments. Well, not the affair, but for a female from her period in time she did make some history.

Yes, she needs to retire already as well as Larry King. He's a crochety old hoot.

Yes, she needs to retire already as well as Larry King. He's a crochety old hoot.

Are we all supposed to be put out to pasture just because of our age? I think Barbara still has informative, engaging interviews...until she doesn't- I say continue on unless if it is what you want-:clap:!

All I can say is...GO BAWBAWAWA! :)

I am glad to know she is human and makes mistakes after all. LOL

Who said they wanted her to retire?! For shame! She is a leader in Journalism and I remember dreaming to become just like her. I thought she was a "Goddess" among her peers.

I remember Dorothy Fuldheim, and there was Babs following her.

IMO, they both forged the journalist path for females.

Everyone has a closet. Some speak out what's behind it and others don't.

Personally, IMO, it was either bad timing for Barbara to speak out or it was out of a need to relieve this secret. By now, there is no career to hurt. I would hope that the family is aware of this discretion before Barbara told the world!!

I wish I could go back in time and watch her reactions/responses to various "cheating" VIP's in the news!
great post tm---
I always liked her- till now---:mad:-- there was no point imo- and if I understood correctly- she OUTED the affair and he didnt know she was going to

IMO, it's selfish of her to reveal the affair. What about this man's family and the hurt and embarrassment this will bring to them?

If she felt the need to get this off her chest, she should have paid a shrink or visited her spiritual advisor. If she has one.

imo

IMO, it's selfish of her to reveal the affair. What about this man's family and the hurt and embarrassment this will bring to them?

If she felt the need to get this off her chest, she should have paid a shrink or visited her spiritual advisor. If she has one.

imo

I respect your opinion ... but maybe he should have thought of that BEFORE cheating on his wife??

Considering the generation she came from and her success I have little doubt that she slept her way to the top.

I respect your opinion ... but maybe he should have thought of that BEFORE cheating on his wife??

Considering the generation she came from and her success I have little doubt that she slept her way to the top.

Oh, and I should have smacked him in my post too. He was a supreme *advertiser censored* to do that, for sure. :) I just really feel for his family. This must suck for them.

I don't think she had much dignity left after the horrible way she has handled problems on The View, and she just threw away her last shred. Why not be a lady and just keep it private?

I agree, she's in her dotage and it's time she just settled down quietly and faded away from public view....and yes, Larry King, too. His recent interview of Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr was embarrassing and they were actually LAUGHING at him.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DazzelleShafer
Back