588 users online (85 members and 503 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

WI - Victoria Landers, Menasha, 26 April 2008

Missing since Saturday. Car found just a few blocks from me on Tuesday morning. Foul play not suspected.

http://www.wfrv.com/news/local/story...E0639&gsa=true

Further Updates

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=8259771

Family does not believe she drove her car to the park especially since she did not bring her dog. She would not have gone out in the cold weather (it was cold and rainy on Saturday).

So they think someone else drove her car to the park? Thats what it sounds like they are saying at least? My boyfriends family lived on Lake Butte des Morts since about 2 years ago but he lived in Oshkosh. He's going up there tomorrow to see his mom....I'd go if they were looking for volunteers to search but don't see if any searches are planned?

Do you live in Menasha by chance? If you hear anything please let me know!

"This is really abnormal for my mom to be at a park on a Saturday, on a cold afternoon, when she weighs about 98 pounds and she hates the cold weather. She left the dog at home. She doesn't go anywhere without the dog," Sherry said.

For now all three kids are doing their best to keep their hope strong.

"I don't want people to forget my mom. I want them to realize that she was a person and we loved her very much," Sherry said.
    This is from the link you posted, the last quote from Sherry seems strange to me....like they know she's not coming back or something? I usually don't think too much of people speaking in past tense etc. But this just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Hope she's found safe soon!
    Marisa

One week today. I'm about 40 min. from there and this is the first I've heard/read about Victoria. Will do some checking. I'm wondering, too, about a search.

Thanks! Let me know if you find anything! I'd still be willing to drive up there and help, my bf's family moved to Larsen which isn't too far from there....
    Marisa

I googled her name and found a few articles and some comments but nothing new reported. I think just the fact that her dog was left alone is telling, but we also know nothing of her mental state last Sat.

Quote Originally Posted by Marisa714 View Post
    So they think someone else drove her car to the park? Thats what it sounds like they are saying at least? My boyfriends family lived on Lake Butte des Morts since about 2 years ago but he lived in Oshkosh. He's going up there tomorrow to see his mom....I'd go if they were looking for volunteers to search but don't see if any searches are planned?

Do you live in Menasha by chance? If you hear anything please let me know!

This is from the link you posted, the last quote from Sherry seems strange to me....like they know she's not coming back or something? I usually don't think too much of people speaking in past tense etc. But this just sticks out like a sore thumb to me. Hope she's found safe soon!
    Marisa
    I do live in Menasha and no they were not looking for volunteers at this time. They are searching the waters around Fritsie park. They have done some ariel searches and searches with dogs but have turned up nothing at this time.

http://www.wbay.com/Global/story.asp?S=8263183 The latest article.
    Last edited by RPPaolin; 05-03-2008 at 06:28 PM. Reason: addition

Thanks a ton for the updates guys! I think that leaving the dog alone is telling too, if I were to ever even consider suicide ( which I wouldn't ) my cats would need like signed, detailed "adoption contracts" if you will...beforehand! My opinion doesn't count here though b/c I make sure my backup kitty moms still would lovingly promise to care for my cats lifelong before I fly anywhere, hehe.

RPPaolin, you don't by chance know the Challoner family do you? My boyfriends whole family (huge) grew up in Menasha, they own the Menasha co. or corp.? not sure exactly what it's called.....

Anyway, it seems like they have done a lot more searching than most people get, I hope she is ok! I wonder if they have other info we don't know about..I'm sure they do. But either way I hope she comes home safe and soon!

Menasha

I am a transplant to Menasha so I did not grow up in the area and do not know many family names. I know the Menasha Corp business because I drive by it darn near every day . I read articles on the Menasha Corp as well and utilize their trash bins at local events and such (they make disposable trash bins for events in our park in the area). As a matter of fact I will be walking in the JDRF on May 17th and believe Menasha Corp is a supporter.

Anyhow, my husband thinks I am crazy because I want to explore the swamp areas around Fritsie park but he also has a point, if she went in the water there she would have gone quickly down stream due to the rapid currents from the runoff and recent storms we have had. Also, her family does not believe that she drove her car to the park.

Some of the buzz around here is that she commited suicide. The reason they believe this is the fact that she left her car unlocked with keys and purse inside. Do not ask me how they determine those to be factors of suicide but there it is. I cannot imagine that the tressle bridge would be high enough for a jump that would cause death however, I do not know what it would take to commit suicide by jumping off a bridge. Another thought may be that she took a lot of medication to impare herself before jumping. These are just thoughts from around town.....

I hope for her families sake that she is found. I know from experience that a missing parent can be devistating and worrisome no matter the length of time that they are missing.

/hugs

Pao

My Mom

This is Victoria Landers daughter, Sherry. I would first like to say thank you for all the support. I understand some people have questioned why I spoke in the past tense when on the news. I want to tell you I didn't realize it until recently. I was and am completely distraught. My sister, Becki and my brother, Josh would like to tell you that my mom was the most caring, considerate person on this earth. She has us plus she has 3 grandchildren whom spent lots of time with her. We are a very close family and are mom is are best friend, we are lost without her. I have never in my life had to deal with this type of pain. I will tell you my mom is extremely afraid of water because she almost drown as a child. Her car wasn't even parked anywhere near the water. I still ASK anyone who seen her silver alero at that parking lot on Saturday to call the police with a time.

Thank you for all you help.

Vicki Landers Family

Hi

Nice to meet you Sherry, my name is Sherry as well. I live in Menasha and went over to Fritse park area today and just tried to imagine why the car was there. I really want your mom found very soon! I can imagine the heartache this is causing you and your whole family. Big hugs to you and your family. I will be there for any support you need and any searches or vigils or whatever it is you need. Try to take care of yourself Sherry.

/hugs to you and your family

Sherry

Hi Sherry!

Thanks for the info regarding your mom, I'm very sorry she's missing and hope you find her safe very soon! I'm praying for your family during this difficult time.

Marisa

bumping for Victoria, any updates?

Nothing new to report.

Sherry, my heart goes out to your family. I hope your Mother is found soon.
    My prayers are with you all.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast