1118 users online (232 members and 886 guests)  

Websleuths News

Man faces prison for sharing snack cake

He slept through a fire drill, had loose tobacco in his possession and didn't show up for kitchen duty. Then Timothy E. Caudill shared a Little Debbie snack cake with another inmate at a correctional facility in southeastern Ohio. That was the last straw.
    The 21-year-old was kicked out of the residential community corrections program that was a requirement of his probation. And he could go to prison.

Caudill bought the Little Debbie from the vending machine and then knowingly shared it with a fellow inmate who was on restriction and wasn't allowed access to the vending-machine snacks, said Bob Eaton, operations manager at SEPTA. Caudill was kicked out the next day.

More at link

Cool! Wonder what he was in jail for? Doesn't say he hurt anyone. How about 20 days in prison? That would fit and get the message across that the program was to be taken seriously.

Salem

With the price of gas now they need to leave him where he is at / give him extra time.

Well they are badly misreading these inmates who qualify for residential.
    How did this guy get by the professionals screening for those likely to share a snack cake?

Quote Originally Posted by panglossian View Post
    Well they are badly misreading these inmates who qualify for residential.
    How did this guy get by the professionals screening for those likely to share a snack cake?
    He's a bigger man than I am. I don't share chocolate.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

He must not be *that* bad of a guy to share his cookies....

Quote Originally Posted by Gina_M View Post
    He slept through a fire drill, had loose tobacco in his possession and didn't show up for kitchen duty. Then Timothy E. Caudill shared a Little Debbie snack cake with another inmate at a correctional facility in southeastern Ohio. That was the last straw.
    The 21-year-old was kicked out of the residential community corrections program that was a requirement of his probation. And he could go to prison.

Caudill bought the Little Debbie from the vending machine and then knowingly shared it with a fellow inmate who was on restriction and wasn't allowed access to the vending-machine snacks, said Bob Eaton, operations manager at SEPTA. Caudill was kicked out the next day.

More at link
    I don't feel to bad for this guy. He knew the rules and he broke them.

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post

I am a rule breaker. Sometimes I speed. Sometimes I take the pen after signing a credit card receipt. I've even snuck real food into hospital rooms. I don't know if I could stoop so low as to share a snack cake though. That should be a felony.
    FUN... is a renewable resource!

Quote Originally Posted by Amraann View Post

Neither do I...

The headline is misleading. He is facing prison for violating terms of his probation, not for sharing a snack cake.
    I'd rather be hated for who I am than loved for pretending to be someone I'm not.

The article says that the guy was charged with breaking and entering a bar. He claims that the other inmate who was always messing with him and on vending maching restriction swiped a part of a Little Debbie Oatmeal cake. Unless the other inmate was diabetic I think it is really silly to restrict vending maching snacks especially if they have it right there visible in machines.