1103 users online (241 members and 862 guests)  

Websleuths News

$360 Billion Dollar Check

What an idiot!

http://ap.google.com/article/ALeqM5h...EIsiAD90D6IP80

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) Charles Ray Fuller must have been planning one big record company. The 21-year-old North Texas man was arrested last week for trying to cash a $360 billion check, saying he wanted to start a record business. Tellers at the Fort Worth bank were immediately suspicious perhaps the 10 zeros on a personal check tipped them off.

Fuller, of suburban Crowley, was arrested on a forgery charge. He was released after posting $3,750 bail.

Fuller said his girlfriend's mother gave him the check to start a record business. But bank employees who contacted the account's owner said the woman told them she did not give him permission to take or cash the check.

Yeah, Darwin!!!

No, not a darwin winner. Darwin winners win by death or serious bodily injury. He *might* get honorable mention.

Hmmm.. my bank asked for a few days advance notice to withdraw $3000 cash from my checking account. He should have given notice first to avoid suspicion. Just kidding. What a moron.

curious1 is offline So broccoli, mother says your good for me,well I'm afraid i'm not good for you!
    Quote Originally Posted by Toby View Post
    No, not a darwin winner. Darwin winners win by death or serious bodily injury. He *might* get honorable mention.
    I'll just settle for TSTL = Too Stupid to Live

hahaha!
    He should have started out with $50 and worked his way up.

Quote Originally Posted by curious1 View Post
    I'll just settle for TSTL = Too Stupid to Live
    I will go along with this post.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    If I'm reading this website correctly, his check was about equal to the GNP of Taiwan!

Please tell me he wasn't surprised when they arrested him, I'd like to think he at least had an inkling that this stupid plan wasn't going to go off without a hitch...
    Just thinkin' out loud....

I guess this is the mentality you have when you drop out of school. I'm only guessing about his education, but it's obvious the lights are out in the attic.

Well, he wanted to start a record company ... now he's going to have a record.

hipmamajen is offline I love the friends I have gathered together on this thin raft...
    Quote Originally Posted by golfmom View Post
    Well, he wanted to start a record company ... now he's going to have a record.
    Good one!
    Just thinkin' out loud....

Quote Originally Posted by hipmamajen View Post
    If I'm reading this website correctly, his check was about equal to the GNP of Taiwan!

Please tell me he wasn't surprised when they arrested him, I'd like to think he at least had an inkling that this stupid plan wasn't going to go off without a hitch...
    I'd like to think that, too. No one can be that dumb.