Identified! CA - Stanislaus Co., Female body in canal, Sep'71 - Mary Alice Willey

Rle7

Reaction score
A detective is digging up a murder mystery that's almost 40 years old, and he's hoping that the public can help him solve his cold case.

A young woman was killed decades ago, and she is still only identified as Jane Doe. The cold case file caught the eye of a Stanislaus County Detective. Detective Ken Hedrick had the remains exhumed last Friday, hoping that modern advances in forensic procedure can help crack the case.

Authorities are hoping that the public can help give them leads on determining who dumped the young woman's body in a local river, so they've released pictures of the deceased woman. The pictures may be uncomfortable to see, but detectives are hoping someone recognizes her and comes forward.

http://cbs13.com/local/stanislaus.county.cold.2.711964.html

Slideshow (WARNING Graphic Images):

http://cbs13.com/video/?id=32888@kovr.dayport.com

The Stanislaus County young woman was found deceased in 1971 ...a year before Sherry Jean Pickle disappeared assuming the news segment is correct. But you are right, there is definitely a resemblance!!

Is there any info on height, weight, eye & hair color, etc.???

Do we have anything - at all - to go on here?

Bumping! Can we get any more details??? :confused:

Does anyone know if there is a thread for this UI? Thanks!

http://cbs13.com/local/stanislaus.county.cold.2.711964.html

36-Year Old Cold Case Pictures Released
Authorities Hope Public Can Give Leads To Unknown Woman's Identity
Pictures Of 'Jane Doe' (Warning: May Be Disturbing
STANISLAUS COUNTY (CBS13) ―

A detective is digging up a murder mystery that's almost 40 years old, and he's hoping that the public can help him solve his cold case.
A young woman was killed decades ago, and she is still only identified as Jane Doe. The cold case file caught the eye of a Stanislaus County Detective. Detective Ken Hedrick had the remains exhumed last Friday, hoping that modern advances in forensic procedure can help crack the case.
Authorities are hoping that the public can help give them leads on determining who dumped the young woman's body in a local river, so they've released pictures of the deceased woman. The pictures may be uncomfortable to see, but detectives are hoping someone recognizes her and comes forward
The woman, possibly 15-25 years old, was found floating in the Delta-Mendota Canal, dead from multiple stab wounds.

Ok sorry nevermind i found it. I totally overlooked it earlier.

So. (I know I am new but still like to help a little LOL...

I was watching the video and squinting becuase it was small... I took a screen capture of the enlarged picture (when it was paused) and saved it so you guys wouldnt have to keep watching the video over and over again trying to match JD...

HERE is the link to the blown up still shot...

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=20f3s49&s=3

We need more stats on the UID. Why is it taking so long!!!!

Has anyone emailed the reporter and asked if they had more details?

According to this article I am reading she was found September 11th 1971.

<Snip>

This one, however, piqued his interest because of the circumstances, including the age of the case. On Sept. 11, 1971 -- yes, 30 years to the day before the 9-11 we recall so vividly -- a U.S. Department of the Interior employee came upon the woman's body while driving along the Delta- Mendota Canal near Westley.

<snip>

The Bee reported that she wore only a blouse, though the coroner's report stated that there was no evidence of sexual assault. Detectives back then said the nature of her wounds indicated she'd struggled with her attacker, who, after killing her, attempted to sever her fingers and hands to hinder identification through fingerprints. Her right thumb was missing.

The file contained a side profile photograph taken during the autopsy, but no frontal facial shot. The Bee also reported that three people identified her as Luanne Schadt, 25, of Patterson.

The mystery of her identity solved, right? Wrong.

The day after being ID'd as the corpse, Schadt reportedly returned to her motel room in Patterson, only to find it sealed by investigators. She contacted them to let them know she was, indeed, still alive.

Detectives had to start all over, this time with no ID, no known acquaintances or friends coming forward with possible information, and no leads beyond a pool of blood found a few miles away, where they assumed the attack took place. They knew she stood about 5-feet-5-inches tall and weighed about 135 pounds. She had manicured nails and her teeth were well cared for.

More important, they found no missing person report from anywhere in the United States that matched the description of the stabbing victim.

<snip>

Jeff Jardine's column appears Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays in Local News. He can be reached at jjardine@modbee.com or 578-2383.

Im assuming this is the latest update.. At least we have a little info...

http://www.modbee.com/local/story/281512-p2.html

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back