WHAT is Kanye West's Problem?

White Rain

Reaction score
First he makes a scene about not winning an award and cusses out MTV:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=_-631TgPP2s&feature=related

Then he puts Mike Myers on the spot while talking about hurricane Katrina by saying Bush doesn't care about black people:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=zIUzLpO1kxI&feature=related

Now he's on the warpath with Ent. Weekly for giving him a B plus review!
Here is what he posted on his blog:

"Yo, anybody that's not a fan; don't come to my show. For what?! To try and throw ya'll two cents in? Ya'll rated my album ****ty and now ya'll come to the show and give it a B+. What's a B+ mean? I'm an extremist. It's either pass or fail! A+ or F-! You know what, **** you and the whole ****ing staff!!! I know I shouldn't dignify this with a comment, but the reviewer threw a jab at all the artists. I just wanna know when was the last time you enjoyed yourself. If you can't have fun and lose yourself at this tour it's a good chance you're a very miserable person. I actually feel sorry for you guys. Your job forces you to not have fun anymore. Grab a drink, holla at some nice girls, and party !! You don't know **** about passion and art. You'll never gain credibility at this rate. You're ****ing trash! I make art. You can't rate this. I'm a real person. I'm not a pop star. I don't care about anything but making great art. Never come 2 one of my shows ever again, you're not invited and if you see me…BOW!! This is not pop, it's pop art!"
http://perezhilton.com/2008-05-02-kanye-is-our-hero

Jeez someone get this guy some anger management classes PRONTO!

He's a little nutty, and very stuck on himself, IMO. Is it all an act or is he really a selfish pig? I thought maybe the death of his mom would help him see the big picture. I guess I was wrong.

He needs to go away. I can't stand him. I wouldn't put a dime in his pocket - ever. :mad:

Talk about someone having a superiority complex. Geez.... :rolleyes:

He has a sense of humor about it at least. He did a skit on SNL where he flipped out at a bunch of different awards ceremonies because he didn't win.

I don't mind his antics. He's just passionate and nutty. He's harmless.

BTW, when he did the hurricane katrina thing...the look on Mike Meyers face was f'ing priceless.

He needs to go away. I can't stand him. I wouldn't put a dime in his pocket - ever. :mad:

Talk about someone having a superiority complex. Geez.... :rolleyes:

ITA, I've never cared much for him either.

he is merely an example of an entire culture with an overblown sense of entitlement, that resorts to tantrums, riots, or violence when they don't get what they want, and when everyone doesn't bow down and kiss their arse...

i love his music, gotta admit.

but kanye's known for being cocky ... almost as bad as 50 cent !!! (50 btw, stated that if kanye ever outsold him he was gonna quit the rap buz, figuring no one could out do him. he was wrong, and kanye's outsold him lol)

anyway, kanye seems to know he's cocky, sometimes over the top, and at least can have a sense of humor for it at times

I am totally lost with rap or even hip hop music. Don't care for it, so he'd get an F- from me no matter what it sounded like.

Again, lets blame Bush for allowing a hurricane hit New Orleans in the first place. I say if he's got money, then put it where his mouth is and just shut the ***k up. Other celebreties have. Harry Connick, Jr., even Tom Cruise. Where was the Federal government when Hurricane Andrew hit South Florida? Well, the governor took charge, that's who!!!!!

That loop made a comment some ways back about bi-racial children in Essence magazines. He went on about how if it wasn't for race mixing there'd be no pretty women or something to that tune. Then he used the word "mutts". That's how they do in the hood he had said. He's a poser, and a fake. He never lived in a hood. He carries on like a four year old having a tantrum. Always blaming everything on da man.

What's wrong with Kanye?
He's a biggot and a whineyazz. :rolleyes:
He's a multimillionaire who still says the white man is holding him back.
gimme a break:rolleyes:

That loop made a comment some ways back about bi-racial children in Essence magazines. He went on about how if it wasn't for race mixing there'd be no pretty women or something to that tune. Then he used the word "mutts". That's how they do in the hood he had said. He's a poser, and a fake. He never lived in a hood. He carries on like a four year old having a tantrum. Always blaming everything on da man.

So true. Apparently he was a long time trying to get a deal since he was rapping and singing about things he knew nothing about, having had a very privileged upbringing. I think he actually lived in Asia or Africa for a bit while his mother was teaching.

My hubber's (very young,) employee recently echoed his lyrics about the government 'starting' AIDS. Hubby said he could only shake his head and say, "I am not your dad. This is not my job."

Sometimes I wish that I were in control and I could censor SOME stuff....:rolleyes:

his momma made him that way. now that momma is gone he has to be that way to carry on her legacy.

He's at it again....
There was a "technical malfunction" at his show Friday...he cussed out then venue then stomped off stage in a tantrum. :razz:
He came back and finished though...but still...he seriously needs to grow up.

There was a bit of a technical malfunction at Kanye West's concert in Houston on Friday night.
And he ended up walking off the stage in a tantrum!
Multiple concertgoers tell PerezHilton.com that the side screens that the venue had to show Kanye weren't working - they weren't the massive screens that were part of his show.
Kanye told the venue to "Turn the ****ing screens off" first. And when no one did anyhting, he stoped the show and said "If the ****s not working just turn it off" and stormed off!
more: http://perezhilton.com/2008-05-03-dont-mess-with-kanye

He need to put his big boy jockeys on.
He whines way too much.
music-smiley-014.gif

WR, what do you expect? People should stop catering to him and purchasing his music and concert tickets. That would shut him up.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
he is merely an example of an entire culture with an overblown sense of entitlement, that resorts to tantrums, riots, or violence when they don't get what they want, and when everyone doesn't bow down and kiss their arse...

WR, what do you expect? People should stop catering to him and purchasing his music and concert tickets. That would shut him up.

I HATE his music...and I DO listen to rap. I like 50 cents music...I was SO hoping he'd beat Kanye in their little album-selling battle.

Not a big fan a rap music today PERIOD. It's all about glorifying street life. 50 Cent is a criminal. Not that I have anything against people who have been convicted of a crime, done their time and then go into show biz. But to base a majority of your music on how great the lifestyle is??!!

Kanye West only wishes he did hard time. Here's a guy who grew up upper-middle class, had a lot of advantages in life, great parents, went to good schools. You wouldn't know it by some of his music. You'd think he had a hard life.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmmm_soup
Back