1006 users online (163 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatfield View Post
    Wow

Very scary and so glad you got away. Thanks for sharing the story and it does sound eerily similar to other white van stories.

I do wonder if some of the attacks were organized and maybe whoever was doing it decided they would go around and do this sort of thing as their secret hobby. I hope that is not the case but since there were so many people in that van it sure seems like it could have been organized.

Does anyone remember a picture of 2 young kids tied up in the back of a Van and LE sent it to the media because someone had found the photo and didnt know who they were or what happened to them?

That case has haunted me to this day because the photo was 2 frightened kids with duct tape over their mouths and they were tied up in the back of a van. I don't know if LE ever found out who the kids even were or if they were ever found alive. I think it was a white van too.

Scary stuff
    Yes, I remember seeing the boy and girl in the van. They were lying back against some pillows or bedding in the van and both with hands tied behind them... and both looking straight at the camera. I thought they had duct tape over their mouths, too (?) I think so... The girl was about 11-12 and the boy may have been about 8-10. I think LE said they did not think they looked like siblings. Yes, that was a long time ago but I still remember them and still wonder at times what happened to them. It's very sad but I have never heard that they were ever found. I would GUESS I saw that photo in the news in 1978 to 1982 or so... I'm glad Mosby10 is okay.

Quote Originally Posted by pepper 34 View Post
    Yes, I remember seeing the boy and girl in the van. They were lying back against some pillows or bedding in the van and both with hands tied behind them... and both looking straight at the camera. I thought they had duct tape over their mouths, too (?) I think so... The girl was about 11-12 and the boy may have been about 8-10. I think LE said they did not think they looked like siblings. Yes, that was a long time ago but I still remember them and still wonder at times what happened to them. It's very sad but I have never heard that they were ever found. I would GUESS I saw that photo in the news in 1978 to 1982 or so... I'm glad Mosby10 is okay.
    We have a discussion thread about this photo here:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...=1989+Polaroid

I am from MN. We have had numerous cases of college students "drowning" in the rivers on their way home from parties and bars. Every year they are always looking for someone and they end up finding them in the river. I don't know if where these men went into the river was ever located, but I do recall a "smiley face" in the snow being at one or two of the river banks when they were found. It doesn't seem that law enforcement has given much thought of it being the actions of a serial killer(s). I have always wondered "why not"?
    Do more than belong: participate.
    Do more than care: help.
    Do more than believe: practice.
    Do more than be fair: be kind.
    Do more than forgive: forget.
    Do more than dream: work.
    William Aruthur Ward

So, was it a gay bar? It seems to me, they thought you were gay, right? (If they were right with this assumption does not matter of course!)

Nope not a gay bar. Not sure why they assumed I was gay. I forgot to mention the kid in the back seat was just sitting there with a super sad look on his face.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2