835 users online (126 members and 709 guests)  

Websleuths News

Profile of the killer(s)

If this is a single killer, then we could assume their job leads them to travel frequently...

They could be a
    pilot
    trucker
    cab driver
    musician

Or if this is a group of killer, it could be..

a cult
    women who were scorned
    men who don't like men
    a gang

Any professional "profiling" done on the killer(s)?

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post
    If this is a single killer, then we could assume their job leads them to travel frequently...

They could be a
    pilot
    trucker
    cab driver
    musician

a cult
    women who were scorned
    men who don't like men
    a gang

Hi POM,

I'm sure the NY detectives are working on it. Personally, I think the victim profile gives the most clues about the killer profile and will lead to answers. Something about these young men motivates the killer/s. I think the similarities in the victims is perhaps the single most convincing element that the deaths are related. That, and fact that they disappear after partying and end up in the water, of course. I want to know if most of the victims had profiles on MySpace and/or Facebook. I'm betting yes.

Eve

Quote Originally Posted by PrayersForMaura View Post

They could be a
    pilot
    trucker
    cab driver
    musician

a cult
    women who were scorned
    men who don't like men
    a gang

I thought the same thing: In Wis there isn't a huge airport at LaCrosse or Eau Claire

i have profiled according to occupation and my guess would be an HVAC Technician.

1 the drownings seemed to have started in 1997 in lacrosse wisconsin

2 At this time there were plentiful jobs for someone to get work in the air conditioning business as CFC was banned in 1996.you also had cities given grants to upgrade to energy efficient systems under the Clinton climate initiative.this was all done to address the issue of global warming.

3 lacrosse and many of the other cities where drownings occurred have Trane factories.Technicians often frequently upgrade their skills by going to those locations for training.It would not be unusal for them to make frequent visits to LaCrosse Wisconsin or ST Paul Minnesota

4 Jenkins was driven around in a cargo van

5 another possible victim has told the Minneapolis police that he was abducted and put in a van in 2001

Quote Originally Posted by cheko1 View Post
    I thought the same thing: In Wis there isn't a huge airport at LaCrosse or Eau Claire
    I wouldn't say huge...both are regional airports and get smaller commercial flights in from the bigger airports like MSP as well as other regional airports. Eau Claire's is on the north side of the city--several miles from where the drownings happened. It's not out of the question for someone to fly in and drive down to the university area, though, because there really isn't much happening around the airport--mostly residential and light industrial. Travelers would have to rent a car and drive into the city to find hotels and entertainment.

The pod members were either abused as children and/ or currently being abused and brainwashed in some way by the leader and other members. There is a certain amount of blackmail involved within the group. The issues of control, power and importance within their structure promote more activities and killings. This is probably not a group they could ever just willingly walk away from without some retribution.

Very generic profile for any serial murderer in the country..but we don't have much more to go on at this point.
    Last edited by DeltaDawn; 05-16-2008 at 07:02 PM.

Whoever the group is, we need to figure out why they are targeting mostly all white males who look similar in appearance in dress and looks. Preppy, clean cut, athlete style college boys. So the killers may either be attracted to that "look"; or on the opposite end, they hate those with that "look" for some wrongdoing done against them at one point or another.

Good point Meow.