847 users online (103 members and 744 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

VT - Nicholas Garza, 19, Middlebury College student, 5 Feb 2008 - #3

Is there any word on the exact day they will search the creek and falls area for Nick? I am sure his family must be very anxious at this point to find him . Hugs and prayers to all in Vermont.

My very dearest DeltaDawn,
    That is supposed to occur on wednesday, but that could change.

So much Love and Respect for you,
    dark_shadows

Here are some links that talk about the first river arial photos that were posted on thread two.

Click here for this link; Search for Middlebury student is unsuccessful

Clue prompts new river search for Garza

I read the comment that was mentioned. Has it been mentioned anywhere if this was the guy who was with Nick when he went to visit the girl?

I wonder why we're just hearing about a kid who sustained injuries the night Nick disappeared.

Here is a very good map of the college. You can see the distance between Stewart Hall, Batteell Hall and Allen Hall (Nick's dorm)

Please click on the link below;

http://www.middlebury.edu/services/c...6campusmap.pdf

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Quote Originally Posted by RR0004 View Post
    I read the comment that was mentioned. Has it been mentioned anywhere if this was the guy who was with Nick when he went to visit the girl?
    It was my understanding that the boy with the chipped tooth was the same one who was with Nick. I heard about this at the beginning. He said something like "I basically passed out". As far as changing his story is concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if his memory is not exactly reliable. Might not mean that he is being deceptive.

Luthersmama- I can understand the different stories, but are you saying he passed out...like fell down...and woke up with a chipped tooth? Do you have any idea where this incident supposedly happened? Thanks.

IIRC, he said he went back to his dorm and passed out, but on the way he fell and chipped his tooth. It was in one of the articles that acknowledged that there had been drinking. Maybe the Seven Days one?

Thanks...I'll go back and take a look.

this business of his friend/roommate going back to his dorm when he was falling down drunk just doesn't connect with me. First of all, Nick doesn't seem like the type of guy that would get his roomie walk back there by himself, if he was so drunk he was falling down enough to chip a tooth. Especially if Nick really had nothing else better to do that night.

and, personally, it would seem very difficult to chip a tooth that way. This guy's story seems to be getting more and more shall we say, unbelievable?

I am bring over the quote from a post that I posted at the end of the second thread. This is what lead to the "chipped tooth" discussion here.
    Respectfully,
    dark_shadows
    Quote Originally Posted by dark_shadows
    Thank-you all for your posts. ,
    I do not know how accurate this information is, but a person posted on the forum for Nick on this site,
    http://www.addisonindependent.com/node/1300

If you scroll down past the article to where the comments are, you will see a post from May 4, 2008 at 1:06am.
    On that post, the person states that 2 friends of Nick, both are males participated in the search but Nick's other friend did not show up for the search. If you go to the youtube video that vermontn03 posted with the link to that video, you will see the two males.
    The YouTube video link;
    http://youtube.com/user/StuckinVermont

It is said that the other "friend" of Nick's, the one who did not show up for the search was injured the night Nick disappeared and he also had a chipped tooth. He is said to be one of the last ones to see Nick alive. Also it states that that friend was interrogatied 6 times and changed his story each times. We are not allowed to paste and copy posts from other message boards on this site, so I just gave you a summary of what is on the post.

Respectfully,
    dark_shadows

Here is the link to the Seven Days article with the comment about the drinking and the chipped tooth:

http://www.7dvt.com/2008/missing-nick

"Although Natalie Garza will never believe her son was binge-drinking the night he disappeared, two people interviewed by Bara reported that Nick was in the company of a fellow “dungeon boy” who was, as they both put it, “totally wasted.” That assessment was shared by the student in question, who told Bara he was so drunk that night, he couldn’t remember much that happened. He did, however, recall falling down on the concrete path between Stewart and Allen halls, chipping a tooth in the process.

“They seemed to base so much of the investigation on what this kid said,” says Natalie’s sister, Tanya Sierra, “when it turned out he was so drunk, he thought they went to the liquor store on Tuesday, when they actually went on Sunday.”

Indeed, while Nick’s companion was keeping a “tally sheet” of shots consumed, Nick, by all accounts, hardly seemed impaired at all. One female student, noting it was the first time she had seen Nick drinking, told Bara he appeared “composed.” A young man who described himself as Nick’s best friend said he thought “all the guys in the dungeon drank too much,” but that Nick invariably kept his wits about him."

So this young man with the chipped tooth..his story of falling down or slipping down and chipping it is plausible. But that still does not explain Nick's dissappearance. Nick seemed composed and that says he was able to walk, talk and act reasonably normal..to others there who were not doubt also drinking.

I guess that leaves us to our own thoughts. I hope they are able to go on the creek search on Wednesday. Nick's family and friends need to have Nick back with them. They need to be able to see an end to this pain.

Prayers to all family , friends and searchers. May they all soon be able to have some sort of peace.

DD
    Last edited by DeltaDawn; 05-06-2008 at 03:28 PM.

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast