Atlanta Pays 1.5 Million For 5 "State Of The Art" TOILETS

White Rain

Reaction score
this really p*sses me off...we have all the homeless, starving people out there and yet Atlanta feels the need to buy a freaking toilet to play me music while I do my business!?!?!?!?!
Who in the hell wants to hear music while they're on the toilet?
To make it worse their only available to use from 7-7! :furious: :mad:

ATLANTA -- Three hundred thousand dollars will buy you a house, a fleet of cars, or in the city of Atlanta's case, a public toilet.

The City purchased five public toilets at $300,000 apiece. That's $1.5 million dollars in total.

The facilities feature automatic doors, sinks and seats. They even play music while users take care of their business.
Some are questioning the spending at a time when the city is laying off hundreds of people.

"Every time you flush it, how much money is going down the drain?" questioned Atlanta resident Chuckie Langford.

"I'm surprised they're not gold," noted Barbara Payne from the Fulton County Taxpayers Foundation.
more: http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16139635/detail.html

Now check this out...I guess all these people were layed off so we could buy stupid a$$ toilets.
Never thought I'd see the day crappers were more important than people.

ATLANTA, Ga -- Atlanta Mayor Shirley Franklin Saturday defended her decision to lay off more than 400 workers to diffuse the city's multi-million dollar budget deficit.

Speaking at a groundbreaking for a new city firehouse, the mayor said the city did not have proper financiial tools in place to really know the size of its budget shortfall. In previous years, city officials believed they had budget surpluses.

Still, city councilman, including C.T. Martin have been sharply critical of the decision to plug the money gap with layoffs. Several had said the mayor gave them very little advance notice of the layoffs plan before she put it into place.

City Council will begin debate on proposed budget and budget cuts on Monday.
http://www.wsbtv.com/news/16149502/detail.html

Atlanta should take note of New Orleans with all their past and present corrupt government practices. They will end up in the same boat.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieSnoop1975
Back