781 users online (84 members and 697 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16
  1. #1

    Egyptian Pharoh: Natural Transsexual?

    Maybe it is just me...but do these people have WAY too much time on their hands?!?! LOL

    BALTIMORE Akhenaten wasn't the most manly pharaoh, even though he fathered at least a half-dozen children. In fact, his form was quite feminine. And he was a bit of an egghead.

    So concludes a Yale University physician who analyzed images of Akhenaten for an annual conference Friday at the University of Maryland School of Medicine on the deaths of historic figures.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353958,00.html
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    1,306
    I don't know if I believe this but then again...he, like all pharaohs were products of incest so I am sure he had some issues.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Maybe it is just me...but do these people have WAY too much time on their hands?!?! LOL

    BALTIMORE — Akhenaten wasn't the most manly pharaoh, even though he fathered at least a half-dozen children. In fact, his form was quite feminine. And he was a bit of an egghead.

    So concludes a Yale University physician who analyzed images of Akhenaten for an annual conference Friday at the University of Maryland School of Medicine on the deaths of historic figures.

    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,353958,00.html
    That guy is full of it. Ankenhaten had a disease, and he passed it on to Tutankamun too. Gah, trying to remember what it is. It is characterized by a feminine appearance, LONG fingers, etc. It means they have frail health, and can die from it. Let me look up the name if I can. Be back with info on the disease.... Marfaan's or something like that.

    ETA: Yeah, here. (ETA2: And they do know something of him, they have his son to test, Tutankamun.) And read here and here. He wasn't a transexual! How the heck do they think they'd have the medical technology to chop off his penis and testicles and make him female in Ancient Egypt?! He wouldn't do it anyways...he had to make heirs! He also wasn't a hermaphordite either. ETA3: For those who are brave, here are the image search results I got for Marfan Syndrome. Looks like the statues of Ankhenhaten don't they?

  4. #4
    SewingDeb's Avatar
    SewingDeb is offline "Sorry, I'm not qualified to land the plane."
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Posts
    8,957
    Yeah, they mention it in the article:

    Egyptologist and archaeologist Donald B. Redford said he supports Braverman's belief that Akhenaten had Marfan syndrome, a genetic disorder marked by lengthened features, including fingers and the face. [Marfan syndrome would not have been responsible for his feminine appearance, however.]

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by SewingDeb View Post
    Yeah, they mention it in the article:

    Egyptologist and archaeologist Donald B. Redford said he supports Braverman's belief that Akhenaten had Marfan syndrome, a genetic disorder marked by lengthened features, including fingers and the face. [Marfan syndrome would not have been responsible for his feminine appearance, however.]
    It would have to some degree, the longer face, breasts, and thighs. But it is also thought that, since he was saying he was the God Aten here on Earth, and Aten was seen as both "Mother and Father" that this is why he was androgynous. Scroll up and read the rest of that article, it's pretty acurate as to what Egyptolgists know about him and his reign. I honestly, would jump at the chance to go to college and study Archeology extensively. It's been a big interest of mine for a long time. I read (devour) whatever I can on the subject. I'm not yet up to what I'd call "Amateur" archeologist, but I may get there someday. Would like to be one. (Then I could see all the art and sculptures and buildings....and learn about how they lived!)

    ETA: One reason they don't know too much about Ankhenhaten is that, after his death, his name and likeness were chiseled off in many places where they were carved, they tried to erase him from history. They were cursing him to eternal death. They believed if no one spoke his name, then he'd die. They (The Priest caste) did this also to the woman who served as Regent/Pharoh as well. They've found things (records, tomb carvings that were intact, hidden temple carvings I think, etc.) that survive to tell them something of his life, and reign though.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Awwww, Kat can ya just let me believe there was a Tranny Pharoh? LOL

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Awwww, Kat can ya just let me believe there was a Tranny Pharoh? LOL
    Yeah...what she said! LMAO
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  8. #8
    So what you are saying is that this is a battle of genetic profiling, Kat? It just boggled my mind so early this morning why these people even cared. LOL
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

    A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.



    What I post are my opinions only.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriouslySearching View Post
    Yeah...what she said! LMAO
    LOL SS, right? Let us think that.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    2,611
    Quote Originally Posted by Filly View Post
    Awwww, Kat can ya just let me believe there was a Tranny Pharoh? LOL
    Well, I suppose. He did wear a wig...and eyeliner too. And sheer cotton flowing garments to boot! (Cause that was the fashion, and it was *HOT* there so if they weren't outside working in the sun they'd wear finely woven linen so thin it was sheer.


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    CITY OF BROTHERLY SHOVE
    Posts
    17,500
    Quote Originally Posted by KatK View Post
    Well, I suppose. He did wear a wig...and eyeliner too. And sheer cotton flowing garments to boot! (Cause that was the fashion, and it was *HOT* there so if they weren't outside working in the sun they'd wear finely woven linen so thin it was sheer.
    LOL They better have been good wigs. Nothing worse than a Tranny with a bad wig. Oh boy am I aware of the garments and such. My mom has enough prints and statues of these Egyptian Pharoah's around her house.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    74
    Seems to me our founding fathers wore wigs and who honestly knows what the climate was back in those days and wore heavier clothing. Even the experts dont seem to agree on the point over the climate in that area.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by KatK View Post
    It would have to some degree, the longer face, breasts, and thighs. But it is also thought that, since he was saying he was the God Aten here on Earth, and Aten was seen as both "Mother and Father" that this is why he was androgynous. Scroll up and read the rest of that article, it's pretty acurate as to what Egyptolgists know about him and his reign. I honestly, would jump at the chance to go to college and study Archeology extensively. It's been a big interest of mine for a long time. I read (devour) whatever I can on the subject. I'm not yet up to what I'd call "Amateur" archeologist, but I may get there someday. Would like to be one. (Then I could see all the art and sculptures and buildings....and learn about how they lived!)

    ETA: One reason they don't know too much about Ankhenhaten is that, after his death, his name and likeness were chiseled off in many places where they were carved, they tried to erase him from history. They were cursing him to eternal death. They believed if no one spoke his name, then he'd die. They (The Priest caste) did this also to the woman who served as Regent/Pharoh as well. They've found things (records, tomb carvings that were intact, hidden temple carvings I think, etc.) that survive to tell them something of his life, and reign though.
    Loved this post Katk. My ultimate dream is to be a cultural anthropologist. I stopped halfway. If we both keep moving in that direction we could end up working at some fascinating digs together! Archeologist and anthropologist!
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    3,641
    KatK is absolutely right about the theories on Akhenaton (Amenhotep IV). He is one of the most fascinating historical figures of ancient Egypt. He founded a new religion based on the (one) solar orb, Aton, and attempted to reinstate the worship of the pharaoh that had declined with the collapse of the Old Kingdom period almost a millennium earlier. He was hated by much of the population and, especially, by the priest of Amon-Re (the primary deity of the time)for the dramatic reform and established a new capital, Akhetaten (Tell Amarna) far from the traditional religious and political centers. It is unknown if Tutankhamen is a descendant of Akhenaton's as there is much confusion in the documentation of the Egyptian successions, and especially during this time of turmoil following Akhentaton's death and the reinstatement of the Amon-Re cult. However, all of the royalty were related due to the practice of brother-sister and cousin marriage.

    The art of the Amarna period is known for its realism and detail. Akhenaton's images have attracted much attention due to the distinct physical characteristics that they portray, not only in Akhenaton, but his wife, Nefertiti, and their three daughters. I believe that the Marfan syndrome theory is the most reasonable based on the evidence that we have. It is always interesting to read new ideas, but usually the truth is less exciting and less conspiratorial than the latest popular theory.
    Last edited by Cypros; 05-06-2008 at 03:59 PM.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,551
    Quote Originally Posted by Cypros View Post
    He founded a new religion based on the (one) solar orb, Aton.......

    ......He was hated by much of the population and, especially, by the priest of Amon-Re (the primary deity of the time)for the dramatic reform and established a new capital, Akhetaten (Tell Amarna) far from the traditional religious and political centers.
    It was an extremely radical thing to do wasn't it? Coming from a culture steeped in polytheism with a powerful and revered priesthood, asserting his monotheistic views and moving his capital city to virgin territory and building a brand new one.


    I've always thought that He and Nefertiti looked very similar in the artwork that still remains. Very ethereal, both of them. Young, rich, powerful and with controversial religious beliefs that bucked the traditions of their day.

    In some ways they were the Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes of ancient Egypt!
    The world is full of magical things patiently waiting for our wits to grow sharper.
    Bertrand Russell

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. Male and/or Transsexual Victims: Significance to LISK
    By mayankoza in forum Long Island Serial Killer
    Replies: 66
    Last Post: 11-20-2016, 08:41 PM
  2. Did Oscar-nominated director grope breasts of transsexual teen nephew?
    By wfgodot in forum Celebrity and Entertainment News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-06-2012, 10:34 PM
  3. Replies: 18
    Last Post: 05-22-2008, 01:10 AM
  4. Transsexual sues athletic club
    By Casshew in forum Bizarre and Off-Beat News
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2004, 11:19 AM