1292 users online (232 members and 1060 guests)  

Websleuths News

LA - Pregnant woman, 17, shot, fetus dies, Marrero, 4 May 2008

Why was the idiot aiming at her? You can show someone a gun w/o aiming it at them!

MARRERO, La. A 19-year-old man was booked in the death of a fetus after he accidentally shot a pregnant woman and killed her unborn baby, authorities said.
    Wilbert L. Luke Jr. shot Shawntell Walker, 17, in the abdomen Sunday while he was showing her a handgun, Jefferson Parish sheriff's deputies said.
    Luke drove Walker, who was 22 weeks pregnant, to West Jefferson Medical Center, said sheriff's spokesman Col. John Fortunato. The fetus died during surgery, he said.
    more: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,354157,00.html

Neither party involved seems too bright.

Makes me wonder if he (the shooter & 19 yr old) was the father of the unborn fetus.

It's very sad, but it kind of gives the mother a 2nd chance at life. I know that sounds horrible, but 17 is so young to become a mother and would limit the opportunities she'd have to better her life.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah,me View Post
    Makes me wonder if he (the shooter & 19 yr old) was the father of the unborn fetus.

It's very sad, but it kind of gives the mother a 2nd chance at life. I know that sounds horrible, but 17 is so young to become a mother and would limit the opportunities she'd have to better her life.

You are correct.
    17 years old and pregnant is not a good spot for any girl and with all the protection out there to stop pregnancies from occuring, she is not that bright.

This whole incident with the gun is kinda fishy...

Quote Originally Posted by Yeah,me View Post

I agree with you and disagree with you. Yes she will have more opportunities but she will also have to live with the death of her child. I had a baby when I was seventeen and I am in nursing school. It all depends on how you use your opportunities or if you just give up on them.

I hear you! Some people can overcome obstacles, but others struggle. I miscarried at a young age, but consider it a blessing even now. I was glad to have a chance to better prepare myself.

I guess you could say I'm trying to see the positive in a horrible situation. I'm glad the mother is ok.