What Is Your Theory?

SeriouslySearching

Reaction score
I think we should have a thread for people who have definite theories on these cases. Please tell us your theory and/or if you believe they were unfortunate accidents.

If we ever get to an end in all of this...it will be interesting to see what theories came the closest. We are never always right or always wrong...but I think it quite interesting to see thought processes along the way and in the end. :)

I think these murders are being committed by a Manson Family type cult. I believe this groups started as a small group that moved around alot but as it grew it split into the midwest and east. I believe that these groups take pictures and may film these murders to share with the other groups over the internet. Thats why I believe that this case will be broken wide open when one of them takes their computer in for repair and a tech finds them or a parole oficer comes across them.
:crazy:

They are spelling out Smiley face killer man with the first letters of the cities where they commit the crime and not all the victims are young males.I think they prefer young men that look like an easy target but it is not convenient for them to find a young man every time that looks like an easy victim.Either that or it is because they are a technician with trane that so many drownings were near tranes ST paul and LaCrosse factory.I also think both theories are possible or there may not just be one group of killers.someone that works as a technician could be doing some of the killings-my guess would be in the mid-west -and even more of the others are being done by some sort of gang or cult.

I also think it is possible technicians are part of a cult or gang.when cfc was banned in 1996 it created a lot of work for hvac technicians.Some contractors would have had a desperate need for people and not enough trained people to do the work.They would have hired less than desirable applicants such as people that just got out of prison or possibly even mental institutions.minnesota alone trained hundreds of prisoners to do this kind of work starting in 1996.

I also think they may be making a smiley face on the map if the dots are connected.my suspicion would be that Indianappolis cloumbus ohio,and lansing michigan form the nose in a v shape.the center of the bottom part of the mouth could be Cinncinatti and sT cloud the top left hand side of the mouth.eau claire wisconsin part of the left eye.sorry for so many posts but at this point i am open to many possibilites.lol

I think we should have a thread for people who have definite theories on these cases. Please tell us your theory and/or if you believe they were unfortunate accidents.

If we ever get to an end in all of this...it will be interesting to see what theories came the closest. We are never always right or always wrong...but I think it quite interesting to see thought processes along the way and in the end. :)

Wouldn't it be smarter if someone figures this out; to tell either the detectives or a police unit where a killing happened; as opposed to posting it here; which it might interfere with the investigation; if the killers were to read this? I'm sure I have the basics figured out and it answers the questions of location, time of year and why it is only drunk white males. But I think it would be very wrong to post if here and I'm not even sure if I'd want to tell the police. There's an angle that surprisingly no one has touched on yet

I am just scratching the surface and have not read even an eighth of the information in these cases, but I have noted that several of these young men were rugby players. I would like to explore that further...

What if there is a rogue, depraved group among the monks of St. Johns who like to target young men for unknown nefarious reasons? They cruise Highway 94 to the college towns in a van on certain nights. They look for young men of a certain physical type alone and vulnerable on the streets. Perhaps the driver is dressed as a priest and asks for directions or offers a ride. The good, church-going kids are very helpful and go along, other types refuse.

This is my first post, although I've been reading WS for years! I'm not into posting much, but I wanted to throw my "theory" into the mix. I think this is related to terrorism (Al-Queda, etc.). Here is why:

1. In my mind, they are the only group of people that are this organized, patient, and consistent.
2. Since 9/11, they've threatened to attack "the heartland" of America, our schools, and our school children.
3. There are more supposed terrorist "cells" in those areas of the U.S. where the drownings are occurring.
4. They would have a motive--they hate America, and these young men probably represent something to them.
5. Does anyone else see the similarities between these deaths and the deaths of the microbiologists over the years?? Or maybe it's just me...

Either way, is this a crazy idea (cause no one else has brought it up!) or could it be a possibility?

What if there is a rogue, depraved group among the monks of St. Johns who like to target young men for unknown nefarious reasons? They cruise Highway 94 to the college towns in a van on certain nights. They look for young men of a certain physical type alone and vulnerable on the streets. Perhaps the driver is dressed as a priest and asks for directions or offers a ride. The good, church-going kids are very helpful and go along, other types refuse.

Here is a link to The Order of Saint Benedict-Benedictine Retreat Centers. I know they are relocated and reasigned and sometimes that is because they are naughty boys.

http://www.osb.org/retreats/index.html

No offense to your A.Q. theory, but my money is on home-grown lunatics. But I think only a few of the 40 cases are the work of home-grown killers. The rest I think are accidents.

Sherlock, expanding on nefarious reasons here. St Johns had a big big problem with sexual assaults, but in many cases it merely involved a monk masturbating on a victim. That would fit with no sign of sexual assault on the drownding vics. And any evidence would be washed away by water. So you have an environment of sexual abuse, they start getting busted for their activities, hands are slapped, some go to jail, neither of which is not about to stop their sexually deviant behavior. And as I found out the other day, they don't think the new rules and restrictions to prevent further sexual abuse applies to them as they were still seen all over campus with male students and one is spotted hanging out at a pub. We know deviant sexual behavior is not cured by a few rules. It would be highly doubtful that the monks were suddenly cured. The monks can't risk being caught with anymore victims, so they move to plan B. Commit their deviant acts and get rid of the vics

I think the LaCrosse and Eau Claire cases could be a single perp (or group). My theory is that the motive is jealousy. There are a lot of college students barely scraping by at state schools. When you get away from Madison, Milwaukee, and Green Bay, Wisconsin is a poor state. My guess is that a group of poor students--maybe on a second shift crew at someplace embarrassing to work for a student--lured the vics out of the bars and overpowered them, sending them into the river.
I think the rest of the cases are coincidences and are unlinked. The smiley faces don't look much alike. The red ones almost look painted by a brush, and the others look like they're done by kids who sneaked a can of paint out of their parents' garage and are daring and naughty. The placement by the crime scene is an accident. Easy access for murderers, clumsy people, and baby gangster wanna-bes alike.
Just my opinion.

Wouldn't it be smarter if someone figures this out; to tell either the detectives or a police unit where a killing happened; as opposed to posting it here; which it might interfere with the investigation; if the killers were to read this? I'm sure I have the basics figured out and it answers the questions of location, time of year and why it is only drunk white males. But I think it would be very wrong to post if here and I'm not even sure if I'd want to tell the police. There's an angle that surprisingly no one has touched on yet

SL- your choice, but with a team from the FBI, national LE detective involvement, national media attention and a bevy of undisclosed info we are not privy to, I'd be shocked to hear something they have not considered and is plausible. (and don't forget our crackerjack team here at WS!!)

As a point of clarification, for the known linked cases, it is a misrepresentation to call all the vics "drunk"- That has been shown not to be the case in approx 60% so far.

Welcome to WS, Scswimmom! I don't find it farfetched that terrorism either home-grown or associated to others could be a factor. This started long before 9/11, but so did their war on Americans.

This particular case is NOT connected to those presently being studied, plus it's a female. The similarity is it's John Hopkins. But, I'm putting this here for study and ideas to show HOW easily it is to infiltrate the student campuses by someone who MAY have some jealousy towards the students. This guy was caught in 2005 and the 'mysterious drownings and disappearances' are still happening. So he can't be responsible. But............someone LIKE him could be.....or group! Oh, and he had also worked at a number of establishments frequented by students.

JMHO
fran

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/local/crime/bal-te.md.allen15apr15,1,1622536.story

<<<snip>>>

The well-dressed man could make friends across racial and social lines, his friends say. He had turned his life around after at least one suicide attempt and psychiatric hospitalization, and, to his supporters, it's not surprising that Allen could become a regular part of the Hopkins social scene, hanging out with largely white, privileged students who were years younger.

But Hopkins students and authorities view Allen as a smooth-talking man damaged by a fractured family life and frequent moves - including a juvenile detention stint at the Charles H. Hickey Jr. School - who romanced a naive Hopkins student and later killed one of her friends.

http://www.baltimoresun.com/news/lo...,5463889.storygallery?coll=bal-home-headlines

<<<<links to a number of articles>>>>

I don't necessarily have a theory, but here's MY list of possible people to LOOK at:

Someone who hangs around colleges, is NOT a college graduate but frequents and befriends a # of students

Someone who was denied a college education but MAY have been gifted as these students. Of course that would go along with previous suggestion.

Someone who has a ‘friend’ who died from college drinking (ie binge drinking) (trying to ‘save them’)

Someone who impersonates a policeman, they COULD have been trained as a ride a long, etc.

Someone who services bar’s equipment

Someone who owned a bar that was closed down because of say, binge drinking by college students (ie death)

Someone in a band that travels to the various venues
It has to be someone who frequents bars or the areas. Some victims picked up in the bar, some outside

Some cases COULD involve LE. Several of the victims had or in the past had, confrontation with LE, usually as a result of drinking. Those, PROBABLY, should be looked at on an individual basis by outside sources, imo.

Someone who’s in a band that travels

Someone who’s been a bouncer at more than one or two different bars in the various sites.

Someone who’s been a bartender at more than one or two different bars in the various sites.

It COULD be someone who’s either jealous of the accomplishments of these young men, the opportunity offered to these young men, the threat of harm facing these young men by being out drinking,

Just some rambling thoughts. :)

JMHO
fran

Welcome to WS, Scswimmom! I don't find it farfetched that terrorism either home-grown or associated to others could be a factor. This started long before 9/11, but so did their war on Americans.

Thanks for the welcome! It'll be interesting to see how this all pans out...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Suesleuth
Back