Baby Rescued From Storm Drain

vermontn03

Former Member
Reaction score
Toddler Slips Into Manhole After Exiting Minivan

FALL RIVER, Mass. -- Two Fall River men are being credited with saving the life of a baby who fell into a storm drain over the weekend, Boston television station WCVB reported.

The storm drain is covered now, but it was open enough and slippery enough on Saturday night for a 21-month-old girl to fall in after sliding out of a minivan.

"They're made out of a granite stone, not cement. And it was wet because it was raining. So, you slip instantly. And a little baby like that, the way the van was parked, she got out of the sliding side door and she slipped," Bruce Hebert said.
http://www.nbc10.com/family/16161856/detail.html

Cheers to those two men for rescuing the toddler. The article doesn't say, but I'm wondering if the 21 mth old was in a child restraint seat. Maybe she undid the seat herself, but I would think the door would be too heavy for her to slide open. If it's one of the vans w/ an automatic door, the toddler should have been under adult supervision before the door opened. Like I say, the article really doesn't give enough info.

I bet there will be supervision in the future.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melladanielle
Back